• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm floppin around with the idea of a J-24 from S&S, but three four leather jackets in a year seems excessive. Also, as badass as the J-24 is, it might be too badass for me. The bootlegger (Cooper) might be more my speed...
Which leathers did you purchase besides the J-100 and RMC flight jacket (don't know the model number)?

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, don't get four leathers in one year. Calm down and enjoy stuff you have already.

I dislike this advice.

No set time. I don't really have any time constraints to speak of.

Keep an eye on our thread/social/emails. Still not 100% sure on exact date - that said, if we're not officially open, we can set up an appt. No safety issues, just a lot of cleaning and organizing yet to do.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dislike this advice.

Keep an eye on our thread/social/emails. Still not 100% sure on exact date - that said, if we're not officially open, we can set up an appt. No safety issues, just a lot of cleaning and organizing yet to do.
Thanks I bought a couple pair of JL engineers from you guys through this Covid thing looking forward to some hands on for a lot of other stuff. I live in Santa Cruz the land of board shorts and hoodies so not far but still a day.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Measurements for Real McCoy's utility shorts, mainly for @Mghart :

Size XL

Raw
Waist: 38.75”
Front: 12 7/8”
Back: 16.75”
Thigh: 30”
Inseam: 10.5”

After 2 hot washes and dry
Waist: 36.5”
Front: 12”
Back: 16”
Thigh: 28.75”
Inseam: 9.75”

The cotton sateen's a smooth, sturdy fabric to start but breaks into a soft textured cotton.

Fit after shrink is pretty much what I was going for in replacing my EG shorts, although rise is a bit higher and inseam a little longer (neither a bad thing). You could tuck a shirt into these, but if I was going for the high-waisted shorts thing I’d probably not pick these.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Measurements for Real McCoy's utility shorts, mainly for @Mghart :

Size XL

Raw
Waist: 38.75”
Front: 12 7/8”
Back: 16.75”
Thigh: 30”
Inseam: 10.5”

After 2 hot washes and dry
Waist: 36.5”
Back: 16”
Thigh: 28.75”
Inseam: 9.75”

The cotton sateen's a smooth, sturdy fabric to start but breaks into a soft textured cotton.

Fit after shrink is pretty much what I was going for in replacing my EG shorts, although rise is a bit higher and inseam a little longer (neither a bad thing). You could tuck a shirt into these, but if I was going for the high-waisted shorts thing I’d probably not pick these.

Thanks for that. That’s some serious shrinkage, but hot wash and dry makes sense. The ones I just got are about a 12.75“ rise and shouldn’t shrink hopefully.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Measurements for Real McCoy’s RMC 966BK below. I went with a 34 this time because I wanted to get the skinny rocker vibe with these (just not ball-crushing Saint Laurent vibe). It has yet to be seen if that was a mistake.

Note that these are a different fit from the 996 White pair (posted previously). I also went with a less aggressive washing regimen, to preserve some stiffness and to preserve the fit.

Raw
Waist: 37.5”
Thigh: 12 1/8”
Front: 12.25”
Back: 15 3/8”
Inseam: 34”
Hem: 8.25”

2x Warm wash on gentle
Waist: 37”
Thigh: 12 3/8”
Back: 15”
Inseam: 33”
Hem: 8”

Last edited:

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size 34 with a 37 inch true waist post wash? That's disappointing.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Size 34 with a 37 inch true waist post wash? That's disappointing.

The top block is still snug (on me) in every other respect and I think it would continue to shrink were I to subject it to more washes. I also find waist measurements to tell very little of the story. Hip and seat would probably be better.

Reactions: XWT

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe McCoy western chambray and 966BK jeans.

Really lovin’ the shirt - very lightweight and I love the way it wrinkles, collar size, the snaps, everything. Only subjected to one cold wash so far so we’ll see about future shrink. I took a leap absent that knowledge and got another one from S&S in blue.

Like the jeans but still breaking them in.

AE1FD3BF-FE34-4674-83C6-DDDC43FF93D9.jpeg
8C021F02-A902-4C6F-949D-6DF19335810F.jpeg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In keeping with my obsessive cataloguing...

Not to forswear Real McCoy’s, but Warehouse 4601 Ts are the best I’ve ever handled.

I still stand by my statement that the Warehouse 4601s are the best Ts I've handled. However, it should be noted they do shrink a fair bit in length, even with cold wash and hang dry. At about the three-wash/dry mark I've seen both my grey pocket Ts and my black plain T shrink up in body and and arm, to wear it's borderline for me. Drying them on broad-shoulder hangers, as I do with my RMC loopwheel sweats, does allow a bit of length to return.

Also the grey heather T from this season is a slightly heavier weight than the white or black Ts, FYI.

Measurements for Real McCoy’s RMC 966BK below. I went with a 34 this time because I wanted to get the skinny rocker vibe with these (just not ball-crushing Saint Laurent vibe). It has yet to be seen if that was a mistake.

Note that these are a different fit from the 996 White pair (posted previously). I also went with a less aggressive washing regimen, to preserve some stiffness and to preserve the fit.

Raw
Waist: 37.5”
Thigh: 12 1/8”
Front: 12.25”
Back: 15 3/8”
Inseam: 34”
Hem: 8.25”

2x Warm wash on gentle
Waist: 37”
Thigh: 12 3/8”
Back: 15”
Inseam: 33”
Hem: 8”

After another couple cold washes and spins (which I held off on the first time around), there has been no further shrinkage, other than maybe 1/8th" off the hem.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@whorishconsumer how did you size the warehouse tees given the shrinkage? I’m debating getting a black plain one from RMC but I’ve heard the warehouse fabric is great.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@whorishconsumer how did you size the warehouse tees given the shrinkage? I’m debating getting a black plain one from RMC but I’ve heard the warehouse fabric is great.

I went XL on the Warehouse 4601. I would go XXL and hot wash if they made them that size.

I haven't been all too impressed with RMC Ts, but I'm basing that solely on the Armoury x RMC T I have, which is not loopwheel. Their packaged Ts are also not loopwheel, but the Joe McCoy "athletic Ts" and some of Bucos are. Looks like Armoury is stocking a few presently, if you wanted to try on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads