• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been curious about that hunting jacket since it dropped and then sold out at S&S.

It is bold, but from pics, can’t decide if it is the epitome of cool or too carnival-like.

Thoughts?
It's very cool, but I think it would stand out too much. I would probably have rocked that when I was 23 and my sense of style was "everyone look at me," but it's almost too much of a flex? like anything else you wear with that piece would just not even get appreciated

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dafuc.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 10.19.06 PM.png

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not found much information about this model. It seems a black grain version may be available for SS21 (RMC Japan site), but I have not seen measurements or other details.

Would you happen to know more about the Style King? Which year is this particular version from? Shinki H/H?

I know about as much as you. This one is steerhide, per the description. Apparently 50s style.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here knows anything about Timeworn clothing? They're seem to have no online presence at all, yet they seem to make really cool products.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here knows anything about Timeworn clothing? They're seem to have no online presence at all, yet they seem to make really cool products.

Timeworn purposely doesn’t have any socials or an official website. Anything you see online isn’t official, even if they use the name. They’ve been around since 2010 as well and despite having no presence have a very loyal following in Japan, China and Korea and a few guys in Europe, and Australia. Maybe a couple guys in the US.

Only the vintage showroom in London and VMC in Zurich stock them. Outside of that there just the three locations in Japan.

I like that they keep a low profile, and don’t allow photography in the shop in Japan. They’re still a really small company compared to a lot of brands so I’m glad they aren’t overexposed.

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RMC A2 in rare-ish size 46 in "Very Good" condition on Marrkt for ~$1250 (plus shipping + import fees)

1619108651327.png

Also, N-3 shirt in 17 (I'm assuming runs slim):

1619108713818.png

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, @bry2000 , Frans Boone is carrying the Hunter S Thompson coat now:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads