• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really familiar with the intricacies of Real McCoys distribution but does most/all of their stuff usually make it's way to US retail shops? Dig this rugby but prefer U.S. return option.

1618581778443.png

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really familiar with the intricacies of Real McCoys distribution but does most/all of their stuff usually make it's way to US retail shops? Dig this rugby but prefer U.S. return option.

View attachment 1594450

They don’t have a US presence outside of Standard & Strange and The Armoury, the latter being a temporary arrangement for now. The Armoury will not be receiving that based on what I’ve recently heard from them re shipments. You can contact S&S to see if they plan to.

Also see top of this thread for general stockist info.

Lost & Found in Toronto is another option.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1594450
I dig it too, this reminds me a lot of the color-blocked Gymboree fits I rocked in Pre-Kindergarten (this is not a diss, I was ballin' as a kid). I'll try to dig up a picture

Reactions: XWT

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with sweatshirt experience in both The Strike Gold and RMC can tell me if RMC makes a good product in comparison?

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have several examples of both, both are equally good quality in my opinion. Fabric on RMC is a bit softer to my hand. Biggest difference in my experience is in fit though - Strike Gold shrinks down so I had to size up, whereas RMC is true to size. Also the RMC models I've owned have been slightly longer (accounting for sizing up in the RMC) - so my size L TSGs are slightly shorter in the body/sleeves than my RMCs.

Both are excellent, particularly if you can get lightly used pieces second hand on ebay/grilled (can be had for <=$100 pretty regularly).

Reactions: XWT

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I saw an older dude wearing this in the Bronx.

1618789433346.jpeg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been curious about that hunting jacket since it dropped and then sold out at S&S.

It is bold, but from pics, can’t decide if it is the epitome of cool or too carnival-like.

Thoughts?

A bit bold for me to work into my wardrobe with regularity, although I could see it. I do dig the piece. I think the pants + jacket combo would definitely be a lewk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads