• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp, I'm eying an old RMC B3 I just unearthed. Seems like too good to pass up. Only issue is the chest measurement given is only 3" above mine, although the shoulder is plenty accommodating. @hoodog How did you size on the B6, given the pile?

Ok, I've determined a B3 is just too much sheep for me. If I were to get a bomber, it would be a B6.

Here's a potentially not-bad deal for anyone looking for an RMC B3. I did some research and it appears to be Real McCoy's New Zealand and a Rough Wear contract. I have an inquiry out to the seller as to the chest measurement, as I think they might just be measuring from side-panel-seam to side-panel-seam. I'll report back here if I get a reply.

1613931149848.png

It's the same or similar model as here: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/real-mccoys-b3-size-46-for-sale.100709/

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen them do any sort of washed, faded type of jean before. That actually looks pretty good and not as bad as some of the RRL stuff.

I'm hoping for some sort of cool Rayon shirts or short sleeve patterns, but spring season for a lot of these brands is hit and miss a lot of the time.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen them do any sort of washed, faded type of jean before. That actually looks pretty good and not as bad as some of the RRL stuff.

I'm hoping for some sort of cool Rayon shirts or short sleeve patterns, but spring season for a lot of these brands is hit and miss a lot of the time.

I've been wanting a pair of washed selvedge for awhile and have had a surprisingly difficult time finding any that appealed to me. The closest I found was a pair of RRL in the "Hillsview" wash, but upon receiving them they were not as advertised and I returned them. I'm hoping these RMCs are as they appear. I especially dig the oxidized hardware.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is cool, but I guess I never understand the want to buy used looking new selvedge when you can buy well worn selvedge. Not even necessarily old vintage even, selvedge repro denim has been around for the better part of 3-4 decades now and you get 25 year old selvedge pants for like 30-100 bucks on Japanese sites all the time.

SDA started in like 79 I think, heck on YJP I sometimes find well worn Real McCoys jeans from a solid 15 plus years ago.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is cool, but I guess I never understand the want to buy used looking new selvedge when you can buy well worn selvedge. Not even necessarily old vintage even, selvedge repro denim has been around for the better part of 3-4 decades now and you get 25 year old selvedge pants for like 30-100 bucks on Japanese sites all the time.

SDA started in like 79 I think, heck on YJP I sometimes find well worn Real McCoys jeans from a solid 15 plus years ago.

Because with new ******-stink is my own.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting a pair of washed selvedge for awhile and have had a surprisingly difficult time finding any that appealed to me. The closest I found was a pair of RRL in the "Hillsview" wash, but upon receiving them they were not as advertised and I returned them. I'm hoping these RMCs are as they appear. I especially dig the oxidized hardware.
Those look like a straighter cut too which is nice. If they don't work out the only other brand I can think of that does this kind of thing well is Orslow with their 2 or 3 year wash. I think they do them in both the 105 and 107 cuts with the 105 being straight and the 107 being more a taper ivy type fit.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because with new ******-stink is my own.

I mean sure, but it's not like you can't wash your washed jeans. I mean you are buying pre-washed jeans, may as well buy used and wash those jeans. Heck you can send em to me first, I'll wash them, slap a new tag on em, and sell em as "15 year wash".

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean sure, but it's not like you can't wash your washed jeans. I mean you are buying pre-washed jeans, may as well buy used and wash those jeans. Heck you can send em to me first, I'll wash them, slap a new tag on em, and sell em as "15 year wash".

What if I wash my pre-washed jeans to make them look like washed used jeans?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, after talking **** about it and a bit of a correction in my understanding of horsehide, I'm eyeing The Grizzly.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A grizzly is definitely a statement.. I do always wonder how with years of wear if the fur panels get dirty how people go about getting it cleaned.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A grizzly is definitely a statement.. I do always wonder how with years of wear if the fur panels get dirty how people go about getting it cleaned.

If you asked Dieworkwear, they'd say RAVE Fabricare.

But yea, I was wondering the same thing. In truth I just bought an A2. I'm not trying to ball out that hard. But it is tempting. I will probably go back to the Armoury to try on in my proper size (44), although I'm assuming the pattern scaling issues I found with other RMC jackets will be the case here.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you asked Dieworkwear, they'd say RAVE Fabricare.

But yea, I was wondering the same thing. In truth I just bought an A2. I'm not trying to ball out that hard. But it is tempting. I will probably go back to the Armoury to try on in my proper size (44), although I'm assuming the pattern scaling issues I found with other RMC jackets will be the case here.

How are you liking the fit of the A2? I believe you mentioned you got the slimmer version they do that wasn't a specific contract? Theres a part of me that just wants to buy a leather jacket of some kind to stop agonizing over purchasing one, but I only see myself only owning maybe 1-2 tops as its too expensive of a rabbit hole. I was thinking something easy like an A2 and maybe a 30's sport jacket but I wanna wait till I can get back to Japan and try a bunch of stuff on.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are you liking the fit of the A2? I believe you mentioned you got the slimmer version they do that wasn't a specific contract? Theres a part of me that just wants to buy a leather jacket of some kind to stop agonizing over purchasing one, but I only see myself only owning maybe 1-2 tops as its too expensive of a rabbit hole. I was thinking something easy like an A2 and maybe a 30's sport jacket but I wanna wait till I can get back to Japan and try a bunch of stuff on.

It worked out for me (in a size 44), but after trying several other RMC jackets I can say I lucked out. I think the knit cuffs helped in that the arms are long enough for me, and I am 6'3" with long arms. While the body is cropped, that is the style and I'm okay with it. I think it sits just at the breaking point of acceptable. In terms of body, I was actually surprised it ended up working, as the shoulder and pit-pit measurements are less than I thought I required.

I think the reason it works is because there is excess material between the shoulder blade (it's not pulled tight) and in general is maybe just blousy enough in the right places to allow mobility. It is not blousy, however, but has a trim fit. After wearing it in just a little, I am able to fit a sweatshirt and T under it comfortably just as easy as just wearing a T.

I don't think I would have preferred the Rough Wear version, partially because of the lighter dye, but also the looser fit. It's also more cropped.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads