• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Not really familiar with the intricacies of Real McCoys distribution but does most/all of their stuff usually make it's way to US retail shops? Dig this rugby but prefer U.S. return option.

View attachment 1594450
They don’t have a US presence outside of Standard & Strange and The Armoury, the latter being a temporary arrangement for now. The Armoury will not be receiving that based on what I’ve recently heard from them re shipments. You can contact S&S to see if they plan to.

Also see top of this thread for general stockist info.

Lost & Found in Toronto is another option.

upsett1_spaghett1

Reaction score
Not really familiar with the intricacies of Real McCoys distribution but does most/all of their stuff usually make it's way to US retail shops? Dig this rugby but prefer U.S. return option.

View attachment 1594450
I dig it too, this reminds me a lot of the color-blocked Gymboree fits I rocked in Pre-Kindergarten (this is not a diss, I was ballin' as a kid). I'll try to dig up a picture

Reactions: XWT

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score

XWT

Reaction score
Anyone with sweatshirt experience in both The Strike Gold and RMC can tell me if RMC makes a good product in comparison?

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have several examples of both, both are equally good quality in my opinion. Fabric on RMC is a bit softer to my hand. Biggest difference in my experience is in fit though - Strike Gold shrinks down so I had to size up, whereas RMC is true to size. Also the RMC models I've owned have been slightly longer (accounting for sizing up in the RMC) - so my size L TSGs are slightly shorter in the body/sleeves than my RMCs.

Both are excellent, particularly if you can get lightly used pieces second hand on ebay/grilled (can be had for <=$100 pretty regularly).

Reactions: XWT

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Pretty sure I saw an older dude wearing this in the Bronx.

1618789433346.jpeg

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been curious about that hunting jacket since it dropped and then sold out at S&S.

It is bold, but from pics, can’t decide if it is the epitome of cool or too carnival-like.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
I have been curious about that hunting jacket since it dropped and then sold out at S&S.

It is bold, but from pics, can’t decide if it is the epitome of cool or too carnival-like.

Thoughts?
A bit bold for me to work into my wardrobe with regularity, although I could see it. I do dig the piece. I think the pants + jacket combo would definitely be a lewk.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Red

• Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the Above