• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Small pickup.. haven’t had a striped tee in ages.. and can finally match these sneakers better haha 😅

IMG_4377.jpeg

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Hey all, I plan on buying a secondhand Buzz Rickson x William Gibson MA-1 bomber jacket. One particular listing I see shows a white scuff on the front of the jacket. Curious if anyone has experience buffing out scuffs on nylon on these types of jackets, and if it's worth haggling on price because of the blemish? Thank you!
please post a picture

RahnDail

Reaction score
please post a picture
Here are some shots from the seller. Admittedly small, but since it's in a very obvious spot on the jacket I'd definitely want to figure out how to repair the damage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230606-105957.png
    Screenshot_20230606-105957.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20230606-105937.png
    Screenshot_20230606-105937.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20230606-105905.png
    Screenshot_20230606-105905.png
    875 KB · Views: 328

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some shots from the seller. Admittedly small, but since it's in a very obvious spot on the jacket I'd definitely want to figure out how to repair the damage.
Honestly not even sure what I'm looking at here 🤣

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah - maybe I'm just overthinking it then if it ain't that obvious. Here's a zoomed out shot.
At the end of the day, you are the one purchasing the jacket and want to be satisfied with it. I barely notice it, but that doesn't mean that you don't. I'm not sure I have any solutions besides a damp rag wipe down though. Hopefully someone here has a better idea.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On first spec, these Mr. Freedom Stan Ts (seconds) are dope. Super soft, and good fit (for me).

RahnDail

Reaction score
Tough to tell, most marks do rub off the BR nylon in my experience
That's what I'm thinking. He offered an even lower price, so I bit. Hoping it's that simple of a fix! But yeah, the lighting is a bit bright so I'm also hoping if it's not reparable it's not too noticable in regular lighting conditions.

elongatedskull

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. He offered an even lower price, so I bit. Hoping it's that simple of a fix! But yeah, the lighting is a bit bright so I'm also hoping if it's not reparable it's not too noticable in regular lighting conditions.
Yes the nylon is fairly reflective, my bomber which I've passed on to my partner has a few little burns, and 'rubbing' spots, if they don't buff out they're fairly invisible! Enjoy!

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Those RMC tiger stripe shorts are calling my name. I like the Buzz Rickson gold version that just came out, but the sizing seems off. Barnstormer got them in so Celluloid should today/tomorrow.

Do the shorts fit like the pants?

ladislav.jancik

Reaction score
I would like to buy the S/S 2023 RMC Linen Atlier pants, but I can't find them except on RMC Japan and RMC International (in my size sold out yet). Neither Barnstormer nor Celluloid nor RMC Nagoya have them, which is quite strange.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I would like to buy the S/S 2023 RMC Linen Atlier pants, but I can't find them except on RMC Japan and RMC International (in my size sold out yet). Neither Barnstormer nor Celluloid nor RMC Nagoya have them, which is quite strange.
I haven't seen other retailers carrying it so I would wait as more stockists receive their shipments. They seem to run 1-2 months behind the JP site.

Gustaf

Reaction score
I've owned five pairs of the 710, one of my favorite denim cuts. The denim has a beautiful crispness when new, and when you follow Resolute's guidance on frequent washes they turn as soft as sweatpants. For my build they fit great, just be mindful to check measurements and you may want to consider sizing up one. I love the leg twist that develops and the fact that they cut to different inseams.

How did you size your compared to regular 501:s?

Also, anyone able to compare sizing/fit/finish to orSlow 105?

ladislav.jancik

Reaction score
I haven't seen other retailers carrying it so I would wait as more stockists receive their shipments. They seem to run 1-2 months behind the JP site.

Some retailers already have items which were released weeks later than mentioned trousers. That's what makes it strange. Perhaps there is no demand for it among retailers?

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smatsiutsia