• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

HickeyBarnicle

Reaction score
THIS store (Celluloid 1984) specifically. They are the only store I have found that removes tax for RMC purchases and charges like $30 to ship. So for stuff over $200, you are paying JP prices for it shipped and much less when you buy the nicer stuff. I got that blue flannel for $222 shipped and the retail would have been about $217.

Barnstormer uses a proxy that adds some fees and they don't remove tax. So the price comes out above JP pricing.

That said, buying from shoplostfound.com will get you the most competitive pricing if you are based in the US and dont want to buy from Japan.
Damn I wish I knew about this site when the CWU7/P was in stock!!!!!!

jmiller123

Reaction score
How does Real McCoys quality of their outerwear compare to lets say Manifattura Ceccarelli or Private White?
I have a private white peacoat and a RMC M65 & N1 jacket. I’d say they are all of very high quality. No flaws in the stitching, although on my n1 there was a slight issue with the zipper getting caught on the tread but was easily fixed. Materials on the RMC pieces are excellent for intended use

HickeyBarnicle

Reaction score
I have a private white peacoat and a RMC M65 & N1 jacket. I’d say they are all of very high quality. No flaws in the stitching, although on my n1 there was a slight issue with the zipper getting caught on the tread but was easily fixed. Materials on the RMC pieces are excellent for intended use
Saw an N1 for sale on ebay for 300 not too long ago but I hesitated cause I live in the south...

jmiller123

Reaction score
Saw an N1 for sale on ebay for 300 not too long ago but I hesitated cause I live in the south...
That's a great price, I think I grabbed mine for around 450ish. Honestly it's a super warm jacket so I'm not sure it would be worn much in the south. I can wear it with a t-shirt and be warm in the 30's

Jerkstore

Reaction score
$300 isn’t a bad price for the kind of piece you can keep forever. Even if you use it once a year on some trip somewhere. It’s timeless so you’ll use it.

Cobra

Reaction score
That's a great price, I think I grabbed mine for around 450ish. Honestly it's a super warm jacket so I'm not sure it would be worn much in the south. I can wear it with a t-shirt and be warm in the 30's
I got mine for $500 (but it was the new Mccoy's one from last Winter), and yes these are *insanely* warm. Possibly the warmest jacket that I own. I can't imagine the utility of wearing one of them in the south at all.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got mine for $500 (but it was the new Mccoy's one from last Winter), and yes these are *insanely* warm. Possibly the warmest jacket that I own. I can't imagine the utility of wearing one of them in the south at all.
Agreed, you are better off just layering. I have a Buzz peacoat for when I need something very warm with room to layer. Majority of the time it doesn't get buttoned

jmiller123

Reaction score
Speaking of McCoy’s outerwear, has anyone handled their A2 deck jacket? Seems to be the lighter equivalent of the N1.
1684592009178.png

jmiller123

Reaction score
I tried on the buzz rickson and it seemed just as warm. I think it replaced the N1? Thick whipcord and a fur lining. Same concept. I wanted one but felt it was redundant.
Oh damn, for some reason I thought it was lighter… yep that’ll be too redundant

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have OrSlow Chambray Work shirt size 3 BNW for 130€ shipped (+PP fee) if anyone wants it. Unfortunately too long in the body for me.
IMG_5508_550x.jpg

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new to the reproduction clothing area, so apologies if this is a controversial question:

How far apart are items from Bronson vs. Real McCoy's in terms of quality? I'm interested in picking up an M-65 field jacket, but for something that's a bit of a style experiment/outside of my normal wheelhouse $150 is a lot more palatable than $850...

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new to the reproduction clothing area, so apologies if this is a controversial question:

How far apart are items from Bronson vs. Real McCoy's in terms of quality? I'm interested in picking up an M-65 field jacket, but for something that's a bit of a style experiment/outside of my normal wheelhouse $150 is a lot more palatable than $850...
Assuming design details and measurements are the same, the RMC would probably just be better fabric/hardware, maybe higher stitch density.. which in reality is most likely better made than the original garments. For a clothing ‘experiment’ I’d say stick with the Bronson simply cause of the cost difference.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pannda Decor