• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RMC is so directional that it always did feel odd that the Armoury ever stocked them. Most of the repro brands are for the most part. I just don’t think a guy buying tailoring is going to be going to military/workwear on the weekends, but who knows..
Idk, I think a “rugged ivy” vibe with fatigues and chambrays and officer chinos seems like a perfect casual style for someone into tailoring.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Idk, I think a “rugged ivy” vibe with fatigues and chambrays and officer chinos seems like a perfect casual style for someone into tailoring.
I think that might be true among people who participate on internet clothing message boards and discords. But much less so, if at all, among normal real life people.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure The Armoury sells to normal real life people.
I don’t know about the tribeca shop, but as someone who spends quite a bit of time in UES, the location there never seemed to garner much traffic. Normal stuff around the area is athleisure and gaudy street wear

elongatedskull

Reaction score
I don't see how RMC is out of the ordinary for a store like The Armoury, it's not particularly 'out-there' and RMC fits stylishly enough to slot into a predominantly classic menswear closet well enough

Myshkin

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. It does sound like I'll need an XL for the length. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and pay the extra £20 to get it from a UK-based shop. That way returning it won't be a huge hassle if it's way too big.
Well, I just received the BR sweatshirt in XL from a UK shop .. and it's too big. Especially too long (!) in the body and sleeves. I do wonder if they have a different version for the Western market. The XL is a full 2 inches longer than the measurements on Hinoya and Rodeo.

I'd just exchange it for a large, but it's sold out at the shop I got it from (American Classics London). And I'm a bit wary of trying to shrink it by throwing it in a hot wash in case that messes up the elastic around the waist.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Well, I just received the BR sweatshirt in XL from a UK shop .. and it's too big. Especially too long (!) in the body and sleeves. I do wonder if they have a different version for the Western market. The XL is a full 2 inches longer than the measurements on Hinoya and Rodeo.

I'd just exchange it for a large, but it's sold out at the shop I got it from (American Classics London). And I'm a bit wary of trying to shrink it by throwing it in a hot wash in case that messes up the elastic around the waist.
What color?
A hot wash is not going to mess up the elastic.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Grey.

I might go for a hot wash. But I've emailed the store to ask if they're restocking soon.
If you can't get your money back, etc. I'll probably buy it from you.

Also, next time, ask the store to measure the item to make sure it will work. A lot of these smaller boutiques are happy to do it.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
I mean, Armoury pairing with Savas is another apparent mismatch, but it seems successful enough that Savannah's having a MTM even there this week.

I don't know the voodoo that he do, but Mark Cho has figured something out.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, Armoury pairing with Savas is another apparent mismatch, but it seems successful enough that Savannah's having a MTM even there this week.

I don't know the voodoo that he do, but Mark Cho has figured something out.
Doesn’t Savas make more CM looking leather jackets?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Doesn’t Savas make more CM looking leather jackets?
Not in my read on them. She's pretty squarely marketed herself as leather-jacket-maker to the rockstars.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syed Shah