• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reached out to the Armoury Westbury. The only new RMC items they've gotten, or expect to get, are a black crew and this Field Sports Jacket. Michael was nice enough to take pics. View attachment 1584920 View attachment 1584921 View attachment 1584922

I really like the side adjusters, also that looks cozy as hell

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today's contribution, from an '07 Real McCoy's catalogue:

RMC 2007 Catalogue Vol. 32 A2 (1).jpeg
RMC 2007 Catalogue Vol. 32 A2 (2).jpeg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an aside, I have three separate catalogue volumes from RMC and each appears to have been published under a different entity - the first volume simply bears the "Real McCoy's" masthead but, I think, was published by World Book, vol. 4 was published by World Book and bears the masthead "Class 13", and vol. 32 ("fun book") was published as an issue of Lightning, which appears to a subsidiary of For Tasty Life.

Does anyone know the reason for this variance? Was it just a matter of reducing the expense of publishing that they associated with other-brand periodicals?

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I guess if the early catalogues are from the late 90s then that's the old Okamoto, pre-bankruptcy era Mccoys right? And I'm sure doing a Lightning issue makes marketing sense or something.

Incidentally Avenue put online some older Mccoy's stuff they found in a storeroom or something. Like this WWII jump jacket repro from FW2007 in a size 40 which is pretty neat. Also some mid 00s Lee collab denim but think those have all sold.

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Resetting some cuffs in the denim today, so took a family pic. Lots 147, 161 and 107

View attachment 1583822

Do you have a favorite cut out of curiosity? I think at least at some point The Vintage Showroom in London had some At Last Co. might check it out when things reopen a bit more over here. Or failing that, lurk yahoo jp auctions for a pair. I'd like an older Leepro so maybe 147 is the one.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I guess if the early catalogues are from the late 90s then that's the old Okamoto, pre-bankruptcy era Mccoys right? And I'm sure doing a Lightning issue makes marketing sense or something.

Incidentally Avenue put online some older Mccoy's stuff they found in a storeroom or something. Like this WWII jump jacket repro from FW2007 in a size 40 which is pretty neat. Also some mid 00s Lee collab denim but think those have all sold.

Everything's sold out :(

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have a favorite cut out of curiosity? I think at least at some point The Vintage Showroom in London had some At Last Co. might check it out when things reopen a bit more over here. Or failing that, lurk yahoo jp auctions for a pair. I'd like an older Leepro so maybe 147 is the one.
Of those three, I think the 161 is the best overall cut. After that I lije the 107 as it’s the widest cut they make, but the 107 was a tenth anniversary model last year and it’s not regular production. I still really do like the 147 a lot, but it sits closer to the waist/hip so it’s maybe a little more snug on me. They easily make my favorite denim in terms of fit however as most other stuff these days is much too slim or tapered.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone who subscribes to this thread: how do you incorporate Japanese repro – or just straight American vintage – into your wardrobe? How many of you are head-to-toe? How many of you just dabble? What do you wear outside of this aesthetic?

Reactions: XWT

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone who subscribes to this thread: how do you incorporate Japanese repro – or just straight American vintage – into your wardrobe? How many of you are head-to-toe? How many of you just dabble? What do you wear outside of this aesthetic?
I’m pretty much head to toe as a daily wardrobe. I’ve purposely sold off items that don’t fit in with the aesthetic so that I could streamline my wardrobe into a cohesive look overall.

I’ve gone through several phases over the last 7-8 years from prep, more modern workwear like iron heart, Kapital,etc. I found it too much to try and mix and match pieces so I decided to just lean hard in one direction and for me it works. Don’t really see myself changing much at this point.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sometimes head to to but a lot of the time, I mix it with styles, eg. Kapital Century Denim or casual classic menswear:

Tumblr_l_126371232949112.jpg

Tumblr_l_126556222033133.jpg

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’d say it’s extremely congruent with my casual aestheric. I wear a lot of flannels in the winter, old school ish jeans (TCB and LVC right now), an outrageous amount of EG fatigues... so yeah, japanese repro chambrays, sweat shirts, field jackets, etc, they insert right in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads