• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check out Marrkt.com in the UK for some early real mccoys catalogues. Its run Lewis who owns Superdenim.

That's actually what instigated this spree: I saw Markkt selling that first issue of the RMC catalogue for what would have been $135 with shipping. I got it for $12 on Amazon JP. But then I went and bought nine other magazines, so I definitely lost money in the end.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's actually what instigated this spree: I saw Markkt selling that first issue of the RMC catalogue for what would have been $135 with shipping. I got it for $12 on Amazon JP. But then I went and bought nine other magazines, so I definitely lost money in the end.

Which proxy service did you use for amazon jp? I haven't messed with any proxies during the whole EMS shutdown. I've used Zenmarket in the past, but its been awhile.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which proxy service did you use for amazon jp? I haven't messed with any proxies during the whole EMS shutdown. I've used Zenmarket in the past, but its been awhile.

Buyee, and shipped via Fedex. I will say there are a lot of little fees they slip in there/upsell you on, but everything came in fine condition.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't worn them out or tried them on since wash, so final verdict pending. They are definitely looser and more high-rise than I'm used to, but I'm branching out.

These are the measurements for a size 36 before and after putting them through a hot wash and two cold washes and then air drying:

Pre-Wash/Post-Wash
Waist 37" / 35 4/8"
Thigh (1" down straight across): 13 3/8" / 13.5"
Knee (13" down, across): 10.25" / 10 1/8"
Hem: 8 3/8" / 8"
Front Rise: 13 3/8th" / 13"
Back Rise: 17 3/8" / 16 7/8th"
Inseam: 33 6/8" / 33"

Yea they’re pretty sweet. Very high rise and wide legged for me. They fit like slacks, but in a more durable, less fussy material and with more flattering pockets. I suppose in a smaller size they would fit more typical, such as this:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once you go 13” rise there’s no coming back haha.

It’s a real mental shift coming from the ‘08 denim age, where good fit was/is determined by how tightly the waist crushes your pelvis and how much pubic hair you’re offering to the world.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Celluloid in Japan informed me that the washed RMC denim aren't landing until end of May. That may be an indicator for other SS21 items landing in shops outside of the RMC webstores, although Frans Boone has already been receiving shipments.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a real mental shift coming from the ‘08 denim age, where good fit was/is determined by how tightly the waist crushes your pelvis and how much pubic hair you’re offering to the world.
It really is. I won't even entertain anything less than a 12" rise or a 13" thigh. Its not worth giving up the comfort.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really is. I won't even entertain anything less than a 12" rise or a 13" thigh. Its not worth giving up the comfort.

This is more appropriate to the Cottle thread, but I have these coming as well:

1616849740690.png

moktabe

Reaction score
As Mghart said, wear = softness. They're very jarring at first if you're not used to raw (my friend is fascinated by my 19oz Samurais). I believe the 004s you got are 14oz so they should soften up fairly readily.

You'll see all kinds of opinion on how you should coddle your jeans – never put them in the washing machine, only wash them once every winter solstice, and then only on a full moon and in the ocean, etc. All of that is geared toward achieving a certain degree of exaggerated wear and I don't think has been shown to be any more effective in this than washing them like a normal person.

I will say the dryer has the potential to damage them, as it does all clothing. So only use if there's a serious sizing issue. Otherwise, wear regularly, wash regularly, hang dry and you will find they break in before you know it.

If you want more immediate results, I think I've read about using white vinegar and baking soda. As long as you don't overdo it, this should be a safe approach.

Well....very happily sorted!

Gave them a soak in a white vinegar solution but whereas the article said overnight I only did it for a couple of hours as didn't want them too soft. Just didn't want to look and probably feel like Wallace in The Wrong Trousers.

Fired them through the washer (front loader) and then 30 mins in the dryer to get a little more shrinkage and....

...absolutely delighted with how they feel and how they fit!

Thanks guys for the advice.

jmiller123

Reaction score
o1000100013750665880.jpg

Anyone have any experience with the McCoy's lot 105 denim shirt? If so- any thoughts? Also, would a 16 translate to a US medium?

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are definitely looser and more high-rise than I'm used to, but I'm branching out.
See it's interesting because with lighter and blue jeans I've always preferred a higher rise for some reason so that is actually a huge plus for me.

I hope you're enjoying them they look real good on you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads