• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

denimondenimondenim

Reaction score
Wait what size is that denim onesie because I want that ish

38 my guy. Apparently, it came in 36, 38, and 40. more info here: http://www.realmccoys.co.jp/blog/shop/2019/09/boiler-crew-all-in-one.html

I couldn't find measurements, but as an extra small dood, I'm p certain it's it'll be too big for me. I think it's still avail and it's 30000 yen.

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 9.56.23 AM.png

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This leather jacket *****. Or I **** with this a lot. Seems like the shoulder is small on the size 40 though. : (

Size up. It's shearling. You're unlikely to regret getting something more voluminous.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope it’s ok to post this here, and let me know if not, but I’m thinking of letting go of my recently acquired Rocky Mountain Featherbed x Warehouse Christy down vest in olive drab - the one with the horsehide leather yolk. Size 44 and still new with tags. Love the piece, but loved it so much that I bought it without considering whether it would have any place in my wardrobe. It just doesn’t gel with the oversized cardigans I’m mostly wearing these days.

True to size, but just as good for a 42. I think the general advice was to size up one on these. Here’s the link to the Standard & Strange listing, which has measurements and further details: https://standardandstrange.com/prod...hristy-vest-olive-drab?variant=40785462034605

Retailed at $675 and sold out pretty quickly, but I’d offer a bit of a discount to anyone who wanted to pick it up. And also able, of course, to provide a few photos of the actual piece on request. If no one is interested, then I’m quite happy to keep it and will figure out how to wear it going forward. Just wanted to see if anyone who missed out on it would like a chance to pick it up from me now.

Last edited:

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope it’s ok to post this here, and let me know if not, but I’m thinking of letting go of my recently acquired Rocky Mountain Featherbed x Warehouse Christy down vest in olive drab - the one with the horsehide leather yolk. Size 44 and still new with tags. Love the piece, but loved it so much that I bought it without considering whether it would have any place in my wardrobe. It just doesn’t gel with the oversized cardigans I’m mostly wearing these days.

True to size, but just as good for a 42. I think the general advice was to size up one on these. Here’s the link to the Standard & Strange listing, which has measurements and further details: https://standardandstrange.com/prod...hristy-vest-olive-drab?variant=40785462034605

Retailed at $675 and sold out pretty quickly, but I’d offer a bit of a discount to anyone who wanted to pick it up. And also able, of course, to provide a few photos of the actual piece on request. If no one is interested, then I’m quite happy to keep it and will figure out how to wear it going forward. Just wanted to see if anyone who missed out on it would like a chance to pick it up from me now.
This is a really good piece! Someone cop this. I will say, definitely if you’re a 42 it might be a comfier fit for layering more **** under. I’m a 44 and got the 44 and it’s a tad snug with anything more than a t-shirt

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the price? I mean, if you want to sell something here, provide a proper listing with pertinent details like price, condition, pics, etc.
Typically I would do that first—I’ve completed dozens of sales on here, so don’t really need to be told how to sell things—but, in this instance, I’d just be sending the buyer exactly what they’d get by having purchased the vest directly from S&S. As I wrote, this is new, unworn, with tags still attached. If I can forego pictures and all, then I’d prefer that, so just seeing if there’s any immediate interest, which is common practice on many threads for items that are new, from the current season, and that you can point directly to the still active listing.

If there isn’t any immediate interest, then I’ll consider whether to do the full listing vs. just keeping the piece.

But you’re entirely right about my forgetting the price. Let’s put it at 20% off retail, so $540, and I’d cover shipping.

jmiller123

Reaction score
Someone should cop the above ^. I have a regular RMFB vest and love it. TTS for a slim fit (I could fit a sweater/sweatshirt/shirt but not another outerwear layer underneath. Didn't know how much use I'd get out of a bigger vest like this style but very useful for on the go for a quick errand, or outside use till probably the mid/low 40's with an adequate sweater.

and here is an example of a fit with it that I just posted in the WAYWT thread-

IMG_7758.jpg

Size 40 (my usual size)

CarterH

Reaction score
Anyone have any sneaker recommendations for someone with a wide forefoot?

I wear Vibergs 1035 last comfortably but pretty much all my other pairs of shoes have my toes pushing out the sides

Pretty much all JP repro sneakers I've seen have been crazy narrow, so I haven't given em a shot, but would love to pick up something like GATs, deck shoes, Real McCoys military training shoes, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads