• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the coat but it is a material and pattern that you can reach your fill of pretty quickly. A vest is a more manageable portion.
That's a good assessment. A lot of the reason I like the coat more is that the vest is pretty much a straight repro, which other companies do quite a bit to this point, but the coat is only Wythe.

XWT

Reaction score
Miloh has a boat load of The Real McCoy's in last sizes on sale on Garmentory: https://www.garmentory.com/sale/the-real-mccoy-s/men?scat=779

Note they're in Canada. I'm not sure the statues of import/export duties there, although my J-24L came from Toronto. I believe fees were factored in to the cost there.
I strongly recomment against doing business with Miloh shop.

Last year I bought a pair of Vibergs, which were discounted in the boxing day sale. They were supposed to be delivered within 7 days. 8+ days later without a shipping notification, and with them having taken my money, I tried to reach out. Emails didn't work out. Phone didn't work out. Sick of being ignored I filed a credit card dispute. Then he replied (late) to a Reddit DM.

He had sold me AT DISCOUNT boots he didn't have, and couldn't acquire them from Viberg. He wanted me to buy some other boots from his sale section instead, or keep my money for several months and deliver to me when he could. I had to virtually harass him to know what's up.

Business and communication skills are both lackluster.

jmiller123

Reaction score
Is the Browns Beach fabric just inherently expensive? I do like the look, both the vest & jacket, but the price is throwing me for a loop I guess.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I strongly recomment against doing business with Miloh shop.

Last year I bought a pair of Vibergs, which were discounted in the boxing day sale. They were supposed to be delivered within 7 days. 8+ days later without a shipping notification, and with them having taken my money, I tried to reach out. Emails didn't work out. Phone didn't work out. Sick of being ignored I filed a credit card dispute. Then he replied (late) to a Reddit DM.

He had sold me AT DISCOUNT boots he didn't have, and couldn't acquire them from Viberg. He wanted me to buy some other boots from his sale section instead, or keep my money for several months and deliver to me when he could. I had to virtually harass him to know what's up.

Business and communication skills are both lackluster.
Frankly, I thought Miloh went out of business. This may be a wind down of leftover stock. I would proceed cautiously, if at all.

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Warehouse 1001XX 1947's in banner denim; about 6 months of wear on them now I think, multiple washes, purchased as one wash. Second photo is beside new 1004XX 1936's in deadstock blue denim, hard to judge it when it's still crisp but it seems like a tighter weave but very neppy, they'll open up more after a wash. I'm going to keep them unwashed for a bit and keep wearing the 47's.

espen

Reaction score
Love the looks of the Warehouse denim, but the inseam length always has me worried.

XWT

Reaction score
@elongatedskull I like them. The color is vibrant.

Sometimes comparing old and new denim gives a weird lack of constrast. I don't exactly know why but I'm stopped doing it for that reason.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Private white vc is running 30% off at checkout on a large selection of their wares, including my favorite piece of outerwear, the peacoat. For the money I think it is absolutely worth it and it's the coat that gets the most wear for me.

View attachment 1709840
Fiancé ordered me the Bridge Coat for Xmas. I haven’t peaked yet, but she says it’s the greatest coat she’s ever felt and very beautiful. Will be my first PVT White item, but very excited. Only ever heard good things about them. This is a great deal

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fiancé ordered me the Bridge Coat for Xmas. I haven’t peaked yet, but she says it’s the greatest coat she’s ever felt and very beautiful. Will be my first PVT White item, but very excited. Only ever heard good things about them. This is a great deal
Looks fucking amazing and haven't heard a single person complain

ojaw

Reaction score
Reactions: XWT

jmiller123

Reaction score
I bet you'll love it. From my limited experience the build quality is just amazing. I don't have a single flaw from stitching, material, etc on my peacoat. Looking forward to seeing yours once you get it.

I took advantage of the 30% off and ordered the updated twin track jacket which really ended up being more than that as it dropped the price below the $800 threshold so I avoid having to pay the duties which would have cost another $120+

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 12.01.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 9.14.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 9.15.07 PM.png

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.