• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
RMC takes this shit seriously.
As in the sales agreement around discounting? I'm assuming they have a clause that says one cannot discount. But I also imagine Yoox-Net-a-Porter is large enough to get around it.

I've seen RMC discounted by 10% on European sites before.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As in the sales agreement around discounting? I'm assuming they have a clause that says one cannot discount. But I also imagine Yoox-Net-a-Porter is large enough to get around it.

I've seen RMC discounted by 10% on European sites before.
Policy is no discounting period. I don't think Mr. Porter was a good fit for them anyway, given how poorly they did on the product copy.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Policy is no discounting period. I don't think Mr. Porter was a good fit for them anyway, given how poorly they did on the product copy.
Real talk: do you look at and critique copy from suppliers and vendors? I had an experience writing copy for Yuketen some eight years ago. As a Liberal Arts major I found it difficult to avoid flourish while providing more than dry facts. Of course this means I missed my deadline.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Real talk: do you look at and critique copy from suppliers and vendors? I had an experience writing copy for Yuketen some eight years ago. As a Liberal Arts major I found it difficult to avoid flourish while providing more than dry facts. Of course this means I missed my deadline.
I definitely do. Mr Freedom and Motiv do the best job with giving me everything up front I need for good informative copy. The Real McCoy's will give me everything but I gotta call or email Kento for it.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
I like the vest and much more so than the riding jacket in the same cloth.
I like the coat but it is a material and pattern that you can reach your fill of pretty quickly. A vest is a more manageable portion.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Miloh has a boat load of The Real McCoy's in last sizes on sale on Garmentory: https://www.garmentory.com/sale/the-real-mccoy-s/men?scat=779

Note they're in Canada. I'm not sure the statues of import/export duties there, although my J-24L came from Toronto. I believe fees were factored in to the cost there.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.