• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Italian Travel Thread

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20200704_143138.jpg

@gnatty8 were we there the same day?

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG-20200714-WA0119.jpg

Alberobello covid (I dont know anyone in this shot it was just to show the lack of people)

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my experience also. When basing compliance on the honor system, expect that to work out really well. I actually got "busted" for taking photos in the Capuchin Crypt, but it was a woman standing like 20 feet away from me, and the security guard rushed over to me, admonishing me for taking photos. I had to point out that my hands were empty and my phone was in my pocket before, looking confused, she walked away. I noticed the miscreant scurry away when she saw what had happened..
I wanted to take pictures there, but the guards were watching us heavy, my Spanish friend who spoke somewhat broken Italian got accused of taking pictures next to me while we were pointing at stuff having a conversation, that's one place I was unsuccessful in sneaking pictures

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wanted to take pictures there, but the guards were watching us heavy, my Spanish friend who spoke somewhat broken Italian got accused of taking pictures next to me while we were pointing at stuff having a conversation, that's one place I was unsuccessful in sneaking pictures

Covid snap of Spanish Steps is almost eerie man, wow.

Yeah, and the issue is the sneaker really is always in the direct line of sight of the guards, who sit down at the far right of the hall, so I never did think about it. I mean, I get it that its the last resting place of these fellow humans and all, but some of those "installations" were just too beautiful to commit to memory alone. So yeah afraid I won't have pics to share lol. Have tons of candid shots but they tend to be street scenes or my wife or kids lol, so not much of interest I'm afraid.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Covid snap of Spanish Steps is almost eerie man, wow.

Yeah, and the issue is the sneaker really is always in the direct line of sight of the guards, who sit down at the far right of the hall, so I never did think about it. I mean, I get it that its the last resting place of these fellow humans and all, but some of those "installations" were just too beautiful to commit to memory alone. So yeah afraid I won't have pics to share lol. Have tons of candid shots but they tend to be street scenes or my wife or kids lol, so not much of interest I'm afraid.
Yeah those crypts were so beautiful, it amazed me they we all made of bone, and the amount of bones used is mind blowing to think how many people were represented in each piece, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful just wanted an amazing picture

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have pictures of myself and wife at the Trevi virtually alone, like we are famous and had everyone move from our frame of picture, except due to covid noone else was there

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20200704_142729.jpg

It's hard to sort through thumb nails on my phone but here's a better one

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gunna drop these here, I believe I took them all in Bologna when we went to the Ferrari museum, sights you need to open your eyes to see......
20200809_201634.jpg

20200809_200103.jpg

20200809_200055.jpg

20200809_174058.jpg

20200809_174052.jpg

I'm a fan of all types of art

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great photos, never been to Bologna, but maybe one of these days..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of our favorite restaurants in Florence, Antica Osteria on the Borgo Ognissanti. Run by a husband and wife. She waits the tables while he cooks. Just a fantastic place with a comfortable atmosphere and a great house wine.
52B2DABD-CDDF-46F7-A7CE-EC8610C2BE78.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads