The Hunger Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Neo_Version 7, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

First look at Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss in 'The Hunger Games' -- EXCLUSIVE

[​IMG]

via EW

I'll admit, I had my reservations when she was first cast but she looks amazing as Katniss. I cannot wait for this fucking movie.

2. darnelled

darnelled Senior member

I've read them all and think it will be an interesting movie. Is this just from the first book or are they combining them?

3. Neo_Version 7

I've read them all and think it will be an interesting movie. Is this just from the first book or are they combining them?

This is just the first book. I couldn't imagine combining both Hunger Games and the rebellion into one movie! [​IMG]

4. Neo_Version 7

Lionsgate may make four movies out of 'The Hunger Games' trilogy

[​IMG]

via EW

Um..yes, please.

5. comicto

comicto Well-Known Member

Great books! Finished reading all 3 a couple weeks ago. I'm excited for the movies, hope they do it justice.

6. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

Still have the book unopened, going to start reading them next week while wasting time at work.

7. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

On a scale of 1 to Twilight, how ghey are the books? Would consider reading, but am scared this is tween-girl lit. The name "Katniss" is ghey as all hell, so that's not a good omen.

Thoughts?

8. Neo_Version 7

irdk.

It's not really an old people book. You probably wouldn't like it. You should stick with Ulysses or Blood Meridian or something like that.

9. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

irdk.

It's not really an old people book. You probably wouldn't like it. You should stick with Ulysses or Blood Meridian or something like that.

Probably true. [​IMG]

But the movies star my girlfriend Jennifer Lawrence, so no doubt she'll drag me to see 'em.

10. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

I just read the first book. It's not bad. It's not groundbreaking YA literature or anything, but it's better than most of what's out there.

At any rate, is this movie going to show the scene where Katniss strips naked and has her legs and pussy meticulously waxed clean? If not, the movie is not true to the book, and I refuse to watch it.

11. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

About 1/4 of the way through the second book. It is sucking fat cock so far. The writing style is clumsy and needlessly expository. It's as if a new writer has taken over on this one. I don't get it. And why is Suzanne rehashing everything that took place in book 1, as if the reader of book 2 has never read the first installment? This is garbage. I am disappoint.

12. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Read the first two, then just got too bored to continue. The story was somewhat interesting, but the writing dreadful. Worse, it was so simplistic and plot development.

That all said, Katniss seems to be cast well.

13. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Read the first two, then just got too bored to continue. The story was somewhat interesting, but the writing dreadful. Worse, it was so simplistic and plot development. That all said, Katniss seems to be cast well.
    Yeah, that's been my experience so far. The writing is atrocious. It's not a huge step up from fan fiction, really. But the premise is interesting. The plot of the first book, and the novelty of the setting, were enough to keep me turning pages. But the construct is wearing thin in book two and, with the visceral thrill of the Games over, the plot seems forced to nonexistent. The first book is a breeze to read; the second one feels like a chore. At this point I am reading mostly out of a sense of obligation to finish what I have started.

14. Neo_Version 7

That all said, Katniss seems to be cast well.

I keep going back and forth. When I first heard Jennifer Lawrence got the part, I was disappointed as I really wanted someone younger and thinner (Hailee Steinfeld is my ideal Katniss). After the EW cover, I adored her. However, recent pictures of Lawrence show she's as heavy as ever so I'm back to wishing Hailee got the part.

15. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

T At this point I am reading mostly out of a sense of obligation to finish what I have started.

That's the only thing tempting me to pick up the third. I like to know how things end, or rather, I need to know. But the plot has middle school logic it seems. Though it is book aimed at youth, so I guess it can't be truly faulted.

I keep going back and forth. When I first heard Jennifer Lawrence got the part, I was disappointed as I really wanted someone younger and thinner (Hailee Steinfeld is my ideal Katniss). After the EW cover, I adored her. However, recent pictures of Lawrence show she's as heavy as ever so I'm back to wishing Hailee got the part.

Hailee would be a solid choice, but if Lawrence sheds some baby fat from her face, she'll be fine. Besides, she has to get thinner as the filming progresses, so she might as well start out a bit thicker.