• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Huge Screw Ebay Sale!!!!!!!!!

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
instead of ebay im gonna try to sell my stuff on the forum,im gonna try to list a ton of stuff almost all new with tags in the coming days,but guys im pretty lazy and terrible at measurements so bear with me.Im gonna try to put some stuff on tonight. brands included will be kiton, brioni ,isaia , jil sander ,dior homme, cloak, rlpl,barker black,band of outsiders, "old" helmut lang, zegna, martin margiela a bunch of steven alan,fray truzzi,ballantyne and of course everyones favorite.......no its not eric glennie but thom browne!
tongue.gif

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

One note, and I mean this as constructive criticism and I don't mean this to be rude or insulting but you need to do a better job packing your items. I think I paid 20.00 for shipping and you sent an Isaia suit in a yellow manilla envelope first class and late, instead of just neatly putting it in a priority flat rate box and insuring it as that amount was more than enough to do. The envelope arrived all ripped up and the suit was terribly smushed. Pocketing 10.00 on shipping and risking the item is not wise.

I am not perfect either and make ALOT of mistakes but I was quite miffed that it was sent like that and after that time period.

sidvar

Reaction score
Er, [rest of the harmless stuff deleted by me because Eddie is taking HUGE umbrage]... Mirabile dictu.
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
Hello, One note, and I mean this as constructive criticism and I don't mean this to be rude or insulting but you need to do a better job packing your items. I think I paid 20.00 for shipping and you sent an Isaia suit in a yellow manilla envelope first class and late, instead of just neatly putting it in a priority flat rate box and insuring it as that amount was more than enough to do. The envelope arrived all ripped up and the suit was terribly smushed. Pocketing 10.00 on shipping and risking the item is not wise. I am not perfect either and make ALOT of mistakes but I was quite miffed that it was sent like that and after that time period.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sidvar
Er, there goes my interest in this putative sale....

You shouldn't let myexperience influence you, I hope Eddie does wonderful in this forum. Everybody makes mistakes, and I do more
often than most. All I am saying is that in the future for at least members of the forum every effort be made to pack these things as
best as possible.

Normally I would of put a negative feedback for the shipping job and the pocketing of shipping money that was never used but let it go because SF'ers are always the most honest , kind and sincere.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im sorry bout the packaging, but every shipment is diffrent i dont check each state to see how much it costs so i use a flat rate of 20 and someone else actually packed thats suit but you got an amazing deal for that suit ,and im not begging anyone to buy from me so please keep your comments to yourself thanx

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and i meant sidvar

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
im sorry bout the packaging, but every shipment is diffrent i dont check each state to see how much it costs so i use a flat rate of 20 and someone else actually packed thats suit but you got an amazing deal for that suit ,and im not begging anyone to buy from me so please keep your comments to yourself thanx

nice

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will not get into any sort of fight with you, I hope you do well and wish you the best.

Please investigate USPS.com you can see:
Flat Rate Box is 8.90 + 1.75 for Signature Confirmation + $ 3.00
for anywhere in the US.

The tattered envelope you sent was 8.95 so you pocketed 11.00 and this was after a few weeks of me asking you where the suit was.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You're shooting yourself in the foot here, take the criticism to heart, apologize, and move on. You've got some nice stuff, so don't let the packaging sink you!

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok maybe i shouldnt bother it seems like everyone is getting turned off..

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by A Harris
You're shooting yourself in the foot here, take the criticism to heart, apologize, and move on. You've got some nice stuff, so don't let the packaging sink you!

or, at the very least, he could look into some proper punctuation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads