1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Puchases through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tgfny, Jun 20, 2005.

1. mikealvaa

mikealvaa Member

Hi all,

I just purchased some purple label at a great price. Anyone know a good tailor who can work on sleeves, waist, etc

2. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior Member

Yes, go through the thread.

3. TheTukker

TheTukker Distinguished Member

That's helpful.

4. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

sam wazin, not cheap though, what exactly do you need, simple alteration can probably be done elsewhere for cheaper

5. jssdc

jssdc Senior Member

Well, I suppose things change and the thread doesn’t always update. In that spirit, I can unfortunately report that Cardelino has turned over staff and isn’t very good anymore.

6. kaws N effect

kaws N effect Senior Member

Hi all, Where is the best NYC place to get pants/jeans tailored?

Idc for well known places or small sweat shops. I am looking for someone skilled at doing the hemming and tapering. I've been going to denim surgeon and everytime I go the fit is gawd awful. also its super expensive. Maybe it's the way i explain it to them, idk

any recommendations? how do i ask for the jeans to be shorten, but also tapered skinny but not skin tight?