• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks in Hong Kong,

Check out our pop-up shop this weekend in Sheung Wan (april 26-28). More info here on our Facebook event page.

We'll be showing our MTM Suits/shirts collection, along with all accessories (ties, leather goods and more). Come and have a drink, try some standard sizes and have a good conversation.

Hope to see you guys!

Karin, Anders & Shuta

Ps. If you want to book a consultation, you can do it here. We'll be launching our new designs (pardon the low quality images).

View attachment 1165177 View attachment 1165178 View attachment 1165179 View attachment 1165180 View attachment 1165181 View attachment 1165182 View attachment 1165183

View attachment 1165176

It is just few blocks away from my home, less than 5 mins walk.

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It is just few blocks away from my home, less than 5 mins walk.

Awesome - we would be honored if you had time dropping by! We'll be supplying ice cold Peronis and hot kaffe (Swedish brewed coffee) to all guests. We've produced a great collection of standard sizes to try in the Atto collection fabric from Reda. I'm wearing their tropical S130s weave here today, and it bodes well for the HK summer :)

If you like, you can book a session here: https://onceaday.se/pages/pop-up-hong-kong. No commitments on your end, just helps us plan and give you the service you deserve.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome - we would be honored if you had time dropping by! We'll be supplying ice cold Peronis and hot kaffe (Swedish brewed coffee) to all guests. We've produced a great collection of standard sizes to try in the Atto collection fabric from Reda. I'm wearing their tropical S130s weave here today, and it bodes well for the HK summer :)

If you like, you can book a session here: https://onceaday.se/pages/pop-up-hong-kong. No commitments on your end, just helps us plan and give you the service you deserve.
Too bad that I am not free on this few days :brick:

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Too bad that I am not free on this few days :brick:

Darn - maybe next time! we'll be doing a few as well at the Hive co-working space in Sheung Wan, before we do Stockholm and Malmo later on in the spring.

Isochronous

Reaction score
What does WW Chan charge for a sports jacket these days, and has anyone got experience with the Mandarin Oriental tailor, A Man Hin Cheong?

Also may need a morning suit made - which HK tailor would be best for that?

sadkfjaskfaj

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had anything done by Allan Tom before? His prices seem equivalent to Lee Baron (~3500 for a suit, half-canvassed I think).

Facebook link to Allan Tom here.

Bump. Anyone have experience with Allan Tom?

If not, any other suggestions for HK tailors in the half-canvassed/two-piece/house wool for <$4000 price range, other than Lee Baron?

Thanks.

Last edited:

ExOfficio

Reaction score
Anybody who has experience of commissioning trousers from either Prologue or Prestitch? I am interested in a pair of trousers, or maybe a full suit, and have an opportunity to book an appointment with both as both are coming to Stockholm for a trunk show in the middle of June but I don't really know which one to contact. Any advice?

dennistsang

Reaction score
Anybody who has experience of commissioning trousers from either Prologue or Prestitch? I am interested in a pair of trousers, or maybe a full suit, and have an opportunity to book an appointment with both as both are coming to Stockholm for a trunk show in the middle of June but I don't really know which one to contact. Any advice?
I will go for Prologue without a doubt. Both are MTM, but Prologue offers a much mature cut and better fitting.

Inmystyle

Reaction score
Hi , I have a decent size client base and looking to expand and find a new tailor to work with in China for mtm suits full canvas as well as accessories and leather goods. Shipping would be to the us. Any suggestions would be great as well as different options.

dhoff10

Reaction score
Bump. Anyone have experience with Allan Tom?

If not, any other suggestions for HK tailors in the half-canvassed/two-piece/house wool for <$4000 price range, other than Lee Baron?

Thanks.

If you are still looking I would check out Nita Fashions. What you're looking for will be at the bottom of their range. I've had good experiences with them with a few suits and a couple of jackets. They have excellent customer service, great fit, and quality for the price.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard or had an experience with Germain Tailor in Sheung wan before?
The suit start at 5k hkd. They also provide full canvas with additional of 400hkd(I have a doubt about this) but I quite like their style and the it's in my price range too.

Here's the link:
http://www.germain-tailors.com/shanghai/hong-kong/tailor/made-to-measure

My friends and I have collectively tried his different items including suits, overcoat, custom knitwear and handmade shirt.

The shop-keeping guy Yally is a passionate gentleman who will perfect your order (if he personally handles your order). He himself has learnt to cut and make under the surviving Shanghai masters in Hong Kong for at least a few years now.

However, perfectionism comes at a cost: items were delivered often after long periods of unresponsiveness and delay. If you are in any real *need* of a new suit or similar, you should go elsewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads