• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HuggyBear

Reaction score
Hello folks. Can anyone give a review or opinion on Ying Tai tailor in HK? I’ve had things made by Ascot Chang in the last and I’ve just got a note from them that they are now working with Ying Tai. I’ve never heard of them prior to this but it seems they’ve been around for a long time.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Hello folks. Can anyone give a review or opinion on Ying Tai tailor in HK? I’ve had things made by Ascot Chang in the last and I’ve just got a note from them that they are now working with Ying Tai. I’ve never heard of them prior to this but it seems they’ve been around for a long time.
Ying Tai tailor in HK
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...nd-fabric-shops-for-cmt-thread.542082/page-11
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...nd-fabric-shops-for-cmt-thread.542082/page-13

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AC working with them for suits?

BrilliantTravel

Reaction score
I am taking 4 of my buddies to HK beginning of September. As part of the trip I want to take them to get suits. Does a local guide who understands design, and all the technical terms for suit fitting exist? It is much more about the experience to learn what is proper for us than the actual suit we leave with. Thought being the knowledge will last a lifetime of future suit buying.

Chowkin

Reaction score
I am taking 4 of my buddies to HK beginning of September. As part of the trip I want to take them to get suits. Does a local guide who understands design, and all the technical terms for suit fitting exist? It is much more about the experience to learn what is proper for us than the actual suit we leave with. Thought being the knowledge will last a lifetime of future suit buying.

I highly doubt it, cause if that guide understands design, and all the technical terms for suit fitting, he probably would be working in the tailoring industry.

Why don’t you just go to one of the few respected tailors in this thread? I don’t have much experience but would recommend Ricky at Dream Bespoke who is very friendly and patient and I’m sure you would be in good hands.

BrilliantTravel

Reaction score
I highly doubt it, cause if that guide understands design, and all the technical terms for suit fitting, he probably would be working in the tailoring industry.

Why don’t you just go to one of the few respected tailors in this thread? I don’t have much experience but would recommend Ricky at Dream Bespoke who is very friendly and patient and I’m sure you would be in good hands.

If someone knowledgeable is not available we will absolutely do that. I am reading all about the different shops, now getting into fabrics. Just a lot to learn, would be nice to lean on someone with the knowledge already.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Hello PeKing Road HK and all members here

I am looking for some CMT shirt and i heard mirado got someone call mysterytailor. Do you have any clue of that tailor?
There are over 100 BaoTou (tailors) for all kinds of garments: suits, shirts, uniforms, for male and female for different price and quality, in Mirador. they are all mystery tailors when no one tells the name and address of your tailor.

Pick for yourself. There is no guarantee which baotou (tailor) best for everyone! Everyone has different needs!

Cheer_hyde

Reaction score
There are over 100 BaoTou (tailors) for all kinds of garments: suits, shirts, uniforms, for male and female for different price and quality, in Mirador. they are all mystery tailors when no one tells the name and address of your tailor.

Pick for yourself. There is no guarantee which baotou (tailor) best for everyone! Everyone has different needs!
thanks man
i dont have any fabric in hand , can i just walk in?
i do not need a suit this time but just want to make shirt for reasonable price, i was charged about 1K in some tailor store in Hong Kong.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
thanks man
i dont have any fabric in hand , can i just walk in?
i do not need a suit this time but just want to make shirt for reasonable price, i was charged about 1K in some tailor store in Hong Kong.
There are baotou tailors for suits and shirts. Many local consumers go for shirts only.
1) BaoTou tailors in Mirador mainly deal with tailor shops and local consumers only. Most of them speak Cantonese only, and most of them don't speak English.
2) Most of them don't offer fabric. Customers have to buy their fabrics some place else.
3) You don't know what you need. You pay more to get services from tailor shops.
4) There are many retail tailor shops offering HK$1k for 3 shirts if HK$1k for one shirt is too much for you.

Last edited:

alex20000

Reaction score
Just set up an appointment with Ng Sifu. He said there are different prices for the level of suits. $1500, $2500, and $5000, will update once I get into Hong Kong and see how it goes... Not sure what the $5000hkd involves, thought the full canvas was $2800.

bamboo

Reaction score
Let us update about HKD 5,000. I wonder what he does on that.

alex20000

Reaction score
Yeah, curious about that. But just looking to get a full canvas @ $2800hkd from his FB page.

Will update about the $5000 though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads