• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Protagoras

Reaction score
It would help to know what your price range is and since your measurements are pretty normal does RTW make more sense?
I hoped to find something in the range of 3000-4000HK$, but I don't know much about the pricing of MTM in HK.

By "relatively normal" I meant that I don't have any special features that necessarily have to be compensated by bespoke (legs of different lengths, crooked postures, belly,...). But RTW still never has the perfect fit for me. That's why I wanted to try MTM.

dennistsang

Reaction score
I hoped to find something in the range of 3000-4000HK$, but I don't know much about the pricing of MTM in HK.

By "relatively normal" I meant that I don't have any special features that necessarily have to be compensated by bespoke (legs of different lengths, crooked postures, belly,...). But RTW still never has the perfect fit for me. That's why I wanted to try MTM.
It is difficult to find an MTM suit of reasonable quality in Hong Kong with this price range unless you bring your own fabric to the tailor. If I remember correctly, Dream Bespoke in Central charges around 4k for a bespoke suit if you can provide your own fabric. However, under the current circumstances in Mainland China (99% of tailors in Hong Kong outsource the making to China) the turnover time for a suit is around 1 month. I am not sure whether you can get your first fitting within the time you stay in Hong Kong.

Polo Collar

Reaction score
IMG_1763.jpg

It's been a while since anyone post anything here

Last edited:

Wongtouski

Reaction score
Anyone have recommendation on a tailor to do alterations? I have a Boglioli suit I'd like altered but I don't know who to take it to. I recently made a suit at WW Chan for my wedding but it seems a bit posh to get it altered there. Thanks!

sadkfjaskfaj

Reaction score
Anyone have recommendation on a tailor to do alterations? I have a Boglioli suit I'd like altered but I don't know who to take it to. I recently made a suit at WW Chan for my wedding but it seems a bit posh to get it altered there. Thanks!

Jantzen is great

burgerkong

Reaction score
Not a tailoring question, but I am wondering who does a decent pressing for a jacket I have. Preferably on the Island.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Anthology does MTM by photo, rather than in-person at one of their trunk shows? Their RTW fits me pretty well but I was wondering if I could get a few tweaks on future orders without having to go to New York.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Anthology does MTM by photo, rather than in-person at one of their trunk shows? Their RTW fits me pretty well but I was wondering if I could get a few tweaks on future orders without having to go to New York.
I took the wild step of asking Anthology directly about this. They do not do virtual MTM but can potentially make some minor pattern changes via MTO.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is jantzen shirt still active? secure? their site...isn't the best i've seen.

Free Style

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my (initial) experience with Tai Pan Row, in Central. First time I try them, this was my second fitting for a rather conservative/boring navy business suit, other than the fact it is a “one button” suit, wider lapels, and not much else 😂

I must say I am quite happy with it for being the second fitting. At each session their sales person, the head tailor and another tailor were present, except for this second fitting where only two of them attended.

A lot of the heavy lifting was done during the first fitting and now seems no major changes other than minor length adjustments for the trousers, sleeves length. I don’t have the back’s picture but was relatively clean, just a bit of cloth to take in.

Measurements were taken in late October, and they have been a little slower than usual for the second fitting as some of their workshop workers got Covid. I guess the whole process will take in total a bit more than two months, but I did tell them I wasn’t in a rush.

For what is worth, two things to note for people who might be interested:
1) They have their own workshop in Sha Tin (new workers are hired mostly across the border, trained and then sent here)
2) They keep a paper pattern for each customer, which should help at least for repeating customers to nail the fit

All in, seems cannot complain much at this price point

75FF1C11-9CCC-49A5-9108-0AC530A68F7A.jpeg EFC373D2-67BB-4AEA-92A9-D2ACE55B2329.jpeg

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my (initial) experience with Tai Pan Row, in Central. First time I try them, this was my second fitting for a rather conservative/boring navy business suit, other than the fact it is a “one button” suit, wider lapels, and not much else 😂

I must say I am quite happy with it for being the second fitting. At each session their sales person, the head tailor and another tailor were present, except for this second fitting where only two of them attended.

A lot of the heavy lifting was done during the first fitting and now seems no major changes other than minor length adjustments for the trousers, sleeves length. I don’t have the back’s picture but was relatively clean, just a bit of cloth to take in.

Measurements were taken in late October, and they have been a little slower than usual for the second fitting as some of their workshop workers got Covid. I guess the whole process will take in total a bit more than two months, but I did tell them I wasn’t in a rush.

1) They have their own workshop in Sha Tin (new workers are hired mostly across the border, trained and then sent here)
2) They keep a paper pattern for each customer, which should help at least for repeating customers to nail the fit

View attachment 1867068 View attachment 1867069
What is the price point?

Free Style

Reaction score
What is the price point?

Depends on the fabric but to give you an idea - entry level fabrics (if I recall correctly they have a promotion on Fintex, VBC 110, etc) at around 6k HKD for two piece suit. This was slightly more than that for VBC 130. They also had some promo on Lanificio Cerruti at ~8k.

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score

View attachment 1867068 View attachment 1867069
Reasonably priced and pretty niced made but I think (?) the right sleeve needs some altering?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads