• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chronic_Zero

Reaction score
I thought the local menswear crowd often bash these two shops (Coller and Presitich) for being rip-off :dozingoff: of Prologue and Anthology?

The B&T suits from Coller are made in Korea, they just act as intermediaries basically. Their own style is different and not something I've recommended ;) Prestitch vs Prologue is more of a bespoke vs mtm issue for me, given they have roughly the same price and style (perhaps because one came up with it before the other, true)

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
0A2DFB22-73E3-4387-8CA3-AA95F8FEA682.jpeg

One of my the rare few ways in which I’m happy to wear a suit sans tie.

Suit Prologue (lovely cut, happy to wear it from some of the most special occasions to the happy Friday).

Wool polo Dashing House (astonishingly versatile and also regulates body temperature super well).

Yours truly,
RAF

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1627599

One of my the rare few ways in which I’m happy to wear a suit sans tie.

Suit Prologue (lovely cut, happy to wear it from some of the most special occasions to the happy Friday).

Wool polo Dashing House (astonishingly versatile and also regulates body temperature super well).

Yours truly,
RAF
Who made the suit again? It's exactly the cut i prefer.

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
Do you mind showing us more works from Dashing House?
Hi- This polo is all I have from them - but i’m confident that the photos on their Facebook / Instagram well represent their cut and the stylistic preferences. A Neapolitan cut with extended front dart, or alternatively a dart less cut.

Who made the suit again? It's exactly the cut i prefer.
Hi- It’s from Prologue

dygital

Reaction score
Hi- This polo is all I have from them - but i’m confident that the photos on their Facebook / Instagram well represent their cut and the stylistic preferences. A Neapolitan cut with extended front dart, or alternatively a dart less cut.

Hi- It’s from Prologue
How do you wash the polo? Throw it in the wash or do you have to have it dry cleaned? And any idea how it stacks up to the one the armoury offerings?

Oh - and does it have a normal shirt collar? Or is it just fabric

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
How do you wash the polo? Throw it in the wash or do you have to have it dry cleaned? And any idea how it stacks up to the one the armoury offerings?

Oh - and does it have a normal shirt collar? Or is it just fabric

There’s no washing label so I have to deduce. I I would hand wash cold with specialty laundry detergence for wool knit / silk.

Having bought the armoury by Ascot Chang polos but they are different things:
- The Ascot Chang polos are made in cotton jersey, are cut and sewn, and have structured placket and shirt collar (similar to a shirt)
- the dashing house ones are made from wool, are fully fashioned, and do not have any structure around the placket and collar (so more similar to a piece of knitwear just with a polo collar) - Think of it as an alternative to the one sold by Bryceland’s

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
For those who doesn’t mind visiting ghetto-like workshops, or at least know some Chinese -

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you mind showing us more works from Dashing House?
I guess, I can chime in here. I've been to Dashing House a few times. Here's a jacket made from Piancenza cashmere, which I brought in for CMT.

I was pretty happy with this jacket. And, maybe, I'll post more photos in the future.

I've gotten to know one of the proprietors, Anthony, over time, and I found him to be pretty knowledgable. And, perhaps, more importantly, honest about what is advisiable and not advisable in a jacket. This is a rare thing in HK -- I've only known Prologue to be just as good in that respect.

DH jacket.jpg

prof.contingency

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a Prologue jacket from more than two years ago, when they were still at their old location. Definately one of my favourite everyday jackets. I was pleasantly impressed by how versatile the colour was.

standeven.jpg

Its a Standevan merino wool fabric.

prologue fitting.jpg

One of the fittings.

Et voila, the finished product:

prologue.jpeg

Last edited:

Jayess

Reaction score
Hi All, wanted to see if anyone has any opinions or recommendations for decent tailors to do suit alterations. I've got a RTW suit jacket that, from what I can see, needs to have a bit of the chest let out (the jacket has around max 1-1.25'' that can be let out from side seams + centre seam combined) and waist taken in. Again, this is just what I see and would be nice to have a tailor be able to make their professional determination on what needs to be done to get the jacket fitted best it could.

Assuming the above alterations are indeed what needs to be done (chest let out/altered from side + centre seams and waist taken in), what would be the approx cost (i'm thinking 300-500 HKD max?) and any recommendations on some good and reasonably priced tailors who can make these alterations? Thanks

Chronic_Zero

Reaction score
Hi All, wanted to see if anyone has any opinions or recommendations for decent tailors to do suit alterations. I've got a RTW suit jacket that, from what I can see, needs to have a bit of the chest let out (the jacket has around max 1-1.25'' that can be let out from side seams + centre seam combined) and waist taken in. Again, this is just what I see and would be nice to have a tailor be able to make their professional determination on what needs to be done to get the jacket fitted best it could.

Assuming the above alterations are indeed what needs to be done (chest let out/altered from side + centre seams and waist taken in), what would be the approx cost (i'm thinking 300-500 HKD max?) and any recommendations on some good and reasonably priced tailors who can make these alterations? Thanks

I used Wonderful Alterations in Central 2/3 times and was always satisfied with the quality of the work. They know what they are doing, even at the point of suggesting I wouldn't taken in the waist of a RTW jacket to leave more room (hence less $$ for them).

fllick

Reaction score
I have a few questions for those who have patronised WW Chan since I am planning to visit soon. Some mentioned to work only with Patrick and I'm curious to find out if they acquiesce if you are not a VIP? In the event I am unable to work with Patrick, would like to understand how the experience has been with the other fitters? Given they cost a lot, I am also wondering about the commitment of WWC to get what I consider the basic things right (i.e. sleeve pitch, divots etc)

Many thanks for sharing and for the insights!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics