• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chronic_Zero

Reaction score
Very nice pair of pants at this price point. Do you know which brand do they get the linen from, and the weight? It seems to drape quite well. And does it still look sharp after some wear? I guess they ironed the pants to absolute perfection before taking those two photos.

Thanks! It's from a Baird McNutt bunch, can't remember the weight unfortunatelly but should be around 10oz. They call the coulour "natural", and it has a nice depth in real life. It does wrinkles quite a bit after a few hours sitting down at a desk, particularly in the knee area. I left half an inch wrinkle allowance at the hem on purpose.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone can comment on Anthology pricing? Robb Report did an article about Anthology and quoted $2100 for a two piece suit. Seems like price increased or just mark up for trunkshows. DM'd their Instagram, said NYC pricing will be similar to London trunkshow.

hkoldguy

Reaction score
Anyone can comment on Anthology pricing? Robb Report did an article about Anthology and quoted $2100 for a two piece suit. Seems like price increased or just mark up for trunkshows. DM'd their Instagram, said NYC pricing will be similar to London trunkshow.

high

thesupremegrape

Reaction score

For a MTM? That's nearly Chan pricing...

Lol1000

Reaction score
Looks great.

Maybe you give a bit more room around the front, so the pockets align better. As soon as you sit down, it will crease in 30 secs and the shape will fall apart compared to a standing position

Lol1000

Reaction score
Btw, I had a few pairs of linen-pants made at YW Yu on Mody Road. He is my go-to guy for years now. Price was 2.800 to 3.500, quite happy with it. We did everything over email and no problems.

I have all my pants made there, even old slacks I cut into shorts these days. Highly recommend the shop.

Chronic_Zero

Reaction score
They quoted me around 12k hkd for a suit made with Drapers 4ply. They just launched the MTM program and I think the suit starts at 7.5k

I had a bespoke W/S/L jacket from Solbiati for around 8k, well worth it from my point of view. I did the rounds of most tailors I like in HK (ie. youngish and with a modern italian cut) and the Anthology's pricing was pretty much in line with most. Suitsupply quoted me 6.9k for a mtm jacket in a similar italian fabric, not really worth saving that 1k IMHO.

I had a good impression of Coller in central, they seem to have most production in house (or so they claim). Anyone had any experience with them? They are just a tad cheaper than Anthology.

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
@Chronic_Zero Coller's products look *very* similar to other tailor stores' offerings. Compare their shoes
with Il Negozio's (Maslow So):

Cheaper? Maybe. Ethical and delicate? Not sure.

BTW, has anyone tried or heard of Cutter & Tailor up in Sheung Wan? I visited it a couple times (off-street location) and the owner seems knowledgeable and nice enough; he himself was trained before.

Last edited:

Free Style

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience in 1) buying denim cotton, 2) making tailored jeans in Hong Kong? Any recommendation is welcomed. Cheers

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience in 1) buying denim cotton, 2) making tailored jeans in Hong Kong? Any recommendation is welcomed. Cheers

1) buying denim cotton
Linking TST: Italian denim cotton (Ariston)
Saviero Hung Hom: Turkey denim cotton

2) making tailored jeans in Hong Kong
a few leather jacket baotou have been making jeans for international brand names and individuals (tailor made).
2 jeans shops offer Japanese denim cotton, they can make jeans (tailor made).

My experiences: suit tailors and suit baotou don't make good jeans as denim fabrics and jeans buttons have different characters. denim fabrics and jeans buttons require different skills set.

Free Style

Reaction score
1) buying denim cotton
Linking TST: Italian denim cotton (Ariston)
Saviero Hung Hom: Turkey denim cotton

2) making tailored jeans in Hong Kong
a few leather jacket baotou have been making jeans for international brand names and individuals (tailor made).
2 jeans shops offer Japanese denim cotton, they can make jeans (tailor made).

My experiences: suit tailors and suit baotou don't make good jeans as denim fabrics and jeans buttons have different characters. denim fabrics and jeans buttons require different skills set.

Thanks for the info.

As for your experiences, it's clear that it's not easy for suit baotou to make good tailored jeans due to the fact that denim is quite a different fabric. However, did you have any good experience with the leather baotou making jeans? Other than that seems that "Full House Denim & Workshop" is the only other alternative (at HKD $1680).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads