• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PISQUARE

Reaction score
It seems that I made a classic mistake for a first timer - going against the advice of the tailor. Yes during the first fitting I requested the coat to be made a little shorter, I believe it was taken up 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch, at which point the tailor said he would not take it up any further.

This will double as a wedding suit for myself so the tailor advised against cuffs for the trousers.

Suit was from Dream Bespoke - I am very pleased with both the result and whole process.

bamboo

Reaction score
It seems that I made a classic mistake for a first timer - going against the advice of the tailor. Yes during the first fitting I requested the coat to be made a little shorter, I believe it was taken up 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch, at which point the tailor said he would not take it up any further.

This will double as a wedding suit for myself so the tailor advised against cuffs for the trousers.

Suit was from Dream Bespoke - I am very pleased with both the result and whole process.

Now it makes all sense. Congratulation to your wedding.

BigRock

Reaction score

Cannot understand why suggest no cuffs??

How much did you pay?

dolama

Reaction score

Cannot understand why suggest no cuffs??

How much did you pay?

Because cuffs are considered appropriate only for sport/leisure suits, not formal ones like his wedding suit.

Yes, I would be interested to know how much did you pay, or better if you know which is their price range.

dolama

Reaction score

Hi dolama

They are at 46 Mody Road. TST MTR exit D. 23612141 is the number. You need to walk along the road to the end and it's a blink and miss it entrance to a basement shop. It's the same , William Yu and Y William Yu. Hold on for a day and I will post details of my delivery.

Sure, thanks. I'll be waiting...

borbor

Reaction score
Because cuffs are considered appropriate only for sport/leisure suits, not formal ones like his wedding suit.

Yes, I would be interested to know how much did you pay, or better if you know which is their price range.
IIRC, he charged me 4800hkd (I only have my cc slip; but i don't remember how much deposit I left down) for a half lined Harrisons Mirage SC. Ricky's team only does full canvas. I didn't ask about the pants because the pattern that I picked wasn't meant to be made into pants IMO :) I do remember at the time (back in Nov); even if I were to do a suit with the mirage fabric, it'd come out to well under 1k Cdn.

The next two I'm commissioning are CMTs, so the price would be different. But back in early Feb I inquired about a Trofeo 2 pc and the quote was about 12-12.5k HKD.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know how much is their 2pc and 3pc CMT?

Anyway I'll post my Chan suit when I can just came back from Rome.

I am very keen on getting a suit or blazer in racing green or similar hopsack, do you think most tailors would have something like that? I've never looked at the non worsted options they have and I'm not sure if they'd have a wide selection, in which case I might want to look into getting material myself for CMT. I imagine Chan would have a very wide selection and I might get it made from them at worst?

BigRock

Reaction score

Can the tailor do something to make the pant drape better?

BigRock

Reaction score
IIRC, he charged me 4800hkd (I only have my cc slip; but i don't remember how much deposit I left down) for a half lined Harrisons Mirage SC. Ricky's team only does full canvas. I didn't ask about the pants because the pattern that I picked wasn't meant to be made into pants IMO :) I do remember at the time (back in Nov); even if I were to do a suit with the mirage fabric, it'd come out to well under 1k Cdn.

The next two I'm commissioning are CMTs, so the price would be different. But back in early Feb I inquired about a Trofeo 2 pc and the quote was about 12-12.5k HKD.

Is CMT always end-up cheaper ? Why you change to CMT?

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is CMT always end-up cheaper ?

In HK, most of the time CMT will be cheaper, sometime much cheaper, if you know where to source the fabrics.
That is also why many tailors don't accept CMT anymore.

For example, I can get a "top end" craftmanship 2 pcs suit in Lesser 8/9 oz less than USD 1.2K
and "mid level" craftmanship" less than USD 0.8k.

Of course, if I deal with the workshops directly, I can even lower these prices.

Last edited:

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with getting fabrics in HK? I'm looking for a racing green/olive hopsack, does that sound like something that would be easy to find? I know very little about fabrics so I wouldn't even know which brand to look at for hopsack.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone familiar with getting fabrics in HK? I'm looking for a racing green/olive hopsack, does that sound like something that would be easy to find? I know very little about fabrics so I wouldn't even know which brand to look at for hopsack.

This one is close to olive:

If you limited it to hopsack, then not much too choose.

Last edited:

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This does look pretty good actually, though I did have in mind something more lush this is nice too. Which line and pricerange is this?

I do prefer hopsack though, yeah. What brands should I look at?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads