The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Pierre Marc

Pierre Marc Member

I am sorry to say, but for me the Db made by Simpson Sin, is not really nice fitting, the suits looks simply to big for you, it should be tighten in the abdominal region, the shoulder should be less padded, the jacket should take into consideration that you have one side higher than the other, the jacket also need to be tighten around the hips, it just looks like a off the shelve american sized jacket, while you have an Asian figure. I like my pants to be a bit more skinny and a bit longer, but that is just personal preference. Also the jacket needs to be adjusted around the middle button since the fabric around it is making a strange shape and finally all the back needs to be adjusted. and should fall neatly. I hope this is not representative from Simpson Sin, if so, I would change tailor. I don't want to look harsh in my comment but I think he didn't do a good job and you should ask him to adjust it.

Regards

2. Pierre Marc

Pierre Marc Member

Okay I want to do a follow up on my last thread on Zee's since I had two pairs of shoes done last week and went on two occasions. Both time the owner who used to be there wasn't there. Second they always use to do a fitting and they didn't this time. The shoes looks okay and are comfortable for me, however I do believe the owner must have changed since the guy who was there was a Hong Kong man pushing me to just pay and saying fitting was not necessary because they had done shoes for me in the past (these were two complete different models what the heck!) So please accept my apologies and take out my recommendation, unless the owner is there when you go.

3. Pierre Marc

Pierre Marc Member

Ass line needs to be redone it looks like its puffing, legs around thigh are too large also, pants in the back is breaking because its too long, however it might be better when you wear your work shoes. Sleeves around the bicep are not adjusted enough, back needs to be tighten a little bit, but not bad for a first fitting, shoulder is too large that why you see the fabric moving inside in the front picture. All the pants around the waist needs to be adjusted (this is base on picture where I can't see if you are closing in front or not). For the leg except for the ass part it looks good. Rest of jacket is also fine too. Is this a tailor made shirt?

4. BigRock

BigRock Well-Known Member

I am planing to have a suit made by W.W. Chan, please post yours.

5. AdamWill

AdamWill Senior member

You can find lots and lots of pictures of Chan suits on SF, just do some searches for 'Chan' and you should find plenty.

6. BigRock

Thank you.

My body figure is very similar to Isolation, that's why I like to have a look from him.

7. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

Hey. I'll post some pictures soon just I'm on a trip in Rome now. In retrospect my suit was cut fairly conservatively I think.

8. BigRock

Have you tried Tai Pan Row? They are having a promotion now and prices are quite tempting.

9. BigRock

Any gentlemen in this forum can give me comments regarding Tai Pan Row Tailors ?

10. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

Yup, also would be interested in any feedback on Tai Pan Row tailors, along with indicative pricing on their suits - their promotion looks pretty tempting.

11. BigRock

I visited their IFC shop this afternoon and they are offering Loro Piana Super 130 under USD1K/suit if order 2 suits. Furthermore, I visited IL Sarto at Queen's Road, price for Fresco 520 is around USD1K for 2 pc suit without any promotion. For me, most probably try IL Sarto first.

12. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

IL Sarto is vis-a-vis Lee baron. I hope people will not expect they are the new A-Man Hing Cheong.

13. BigRock

I do not know the reasons, but IL Sarto business is very good. They were so busy and the lady there told me to come again with an appointment.

14. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

Il Sarto did a lot of advertisement in the media. The shop front appears to be really nice.

But their garment is not magic.

15. BigRock

How about Simpson Sin?