The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

^ that's ridiculous.

2. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

There is an awful lot about Chan floating about in this forum. I suggest you use the search function. I have only used Chan through their tours, never bothered with multiple fittings and have been extremely satisfied.

3. bamboo

bamboo Senior member

It looks quite odd as I just got the same price quote for 2pc fresco as last year and the price seems not line up with your number. ??

4. DavidHarley

DavidHarley Member

Thanks man! Real helpful. I am looking to get me a suit from China and, as it happens, this overview will give me a great start.

5. slagg666

slagg666 New Member

Bamboo, it is NOT a typo. I have the email reply from them if you want to see it. They also told me they do NOT do CMT for first time customers, so you have to get the whole package from them.

6. TravelGuy

TravelGuy Member

I checked your tumblr, but still cannot find who this one is (Though that's an amazing suit by Anthony Sinclair).Can you share his address? I would go tomorrow.

I'm a n00b in all style and fashion matters, but it's very important to me to look proper. I ordered 1 from GY but would like to try out another tailor as well. I feel like GY is overpriced because he is well known, and I can get better value in Italy.

7. Merino Bros

Merino Bros Senior member

Two recent projects:

1. Jacket by Gordon Yao: Harrisons Saltire 97528, 3-roll-2, bilateral patch pockets, natural shoulders
    Pants by Browns Tailor: Harrisons Flannel 39220, single forward pleated, 1 3/4" cuffed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 3-piece suit by Browns Tailor: Harrrisons Flannel 39220, slightly roped shoulders, Milanese buttonhole

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014

8. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

Looks great! How does the Saltire compare to the regular Harrison cashmere?

9. GBR

GBR Senior member

The Yao jacket looks a little tight when fastened, is the scarf and pullover an addition compared to the fittings and thus causing it. You do not show the comparable view of the Browns suit unfortunately.

10. Merino Bros

yup, you are right. The tightening is due to the scarf inside. Actually, it has quite a perfect fit

11. Merino Bros

Hi, tchoy, Harrisons has two collections of pure cashmere jacketing. One is Millionaire, which is 310g worsted cashmere. The other one is Saltire. As 330g woollen cashmere, Saltire has more nap and wear warmer.

12. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

I was referring to the Millionaire which bunch I like very much haven't had the opportunity to inspect the Saltire bunch as yet.

13. Merino Bros

You will probably love it [​IMG] Actually, you can take a look at our facebook. We have uploaded photos of different collections.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014

14. alco

alco Well-Known Member

any help?

15. charlie64

charlie64 Member

My banal but hopefully helpful first post in this forum (re alteration tailors):

1. Melbourne Plaza. There are a few alteration tailors on the first floor (i.e. the floor above entrance level). I believe The Armoury sends some of its work here.

2. World Wide House. Again there are a few alteration tailors here. They are on the same level as the elevated walkway connecting Chater House and Exchange Square.

I've used stores in both and they are ok.

I've also found other suggestions via Google but these are in the Hollywood Road or Sheung Wan area so haven't tried them.