• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

xizenta

Reaction score
I have been out of the game for about 5 or 6 years now. I have some suiting I bought almost ten years ago which I never made up. Do any of the HK tailors do a good job replicating the cut and construction of an existing jacket (attolini) so that I don't have to fly out? If so, are they comfortable using customer-supplied materials? Thanks for the information.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think any tailor can duplicate anything 100%. Some tailors accept customer's materials and some don't so youy wuill need to ask the tailor you are using? Who are you using?

xizenta

Reaction score
I don't think any tailor can duplicate anything 100%. Some tailors accept customer's materials and some don't so youy wuill need to ask the tailor you are using? Who are you using?
I'm not using one at the moment. I'm looking for one to make a pattern from my favorite jacket and accept my materials so I can move some of the stuff I've been sitting on for a decade. Looking for recommendations.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used Gordon Yao in the past but have not used him for some time (at least 8 years). I've used Ascot Chang the last several years and they accept customer's materials. Are you located in HK?

xizenta

Reaction score
I've used Gordon Yao in the past but have not used him for some time (at least 8 years). I've used Ascot Chang the last several years and they accept customer's materials. Are you located in HK?
No, I'm in California. If I was in HK I would just go get fitted and have them make something from their own patterns. I want to just send them a jacket to work off of so I don't have to fly around. Went to HK in 2012 not planning on going back any time soon.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I'm in California. If I was in HK I would just go get fitted and have them make something from their own patterns. I want to just send them a jacket to work off of so I don't have to fly around. Went to HK in 2012 not planning on going back any time soon.
If you are near San Francisco area you can try Spoon Tailors and if in the Lois Angeles area people here on this forum seem to give good marks to Divij bespoke formerly Hermajani Tailors. I know Spoon takes customer's materials.

xizenta

Reaction score
If you are near San Francisco area you can try Spoon Tailors and if in the Lois Angeles area people here on this forum seem to give good marks to Divij bespoke formerly Hermajani Tailors. I know Spoon takes customer's materials.
Thank you for the recommendations. Yes I had a good result from Hemrajani before. He did not work with customer materials though.

worldrunner

Reaction score
Curious how much Trousers are at the following HK folks these days:

Gordon Yao
WW Chan
Prologue

RectoVerso

Reaction score
I did custom pants at WW Chan 4 years ago, for about 5000 HKD with linen fabric.

I am actually wearing them now, the quality is excellent (but I regret making them out of linen haha).

Markus W

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm looking for one to make a pattern from my favorite jacket and accept my materials so I can move some of the stuff I've been sitting on for a decade. Looking for recommendations.
If anyone else is looking for a tailor who can copy a jacket/trousers. Just send me a message. We can do that for you.
  • 100% handmade in Italy
  • Made the same way as an bespoke garment
  • One fitting as an option or completely finished
  • Send us your fabrics or we will order it for you

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newstyle535