• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hifilover

Reaction score
Just set up an appointment with Ng Sifu. He said there are different prices for the level of suits. $1500, $2500, and $5000, will update once I get into Hong Kong and see how it goes... Not sure what the $5000hkd involves, thought the full canvas was $2800.
Please update what Ng offer for $1500hkd.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Just set up an appointment with Ng Sifu. He said there are different prices for the level of suits. $1500, $2500, and $5000, will update once I get into Hong Kong and see how it goes... Not sure what the $5000hkd involves, thought the full canvas was $2800.

I just called Ng sifu to check what kind of price is that. He said "no knowledge of what that is". He said someone called him yesterday, and he has no idea what that caller was talking about.

Ng said his FB is clear enough. Ng does not speak English, he speaks Cantonese only.

Last edited:

Dandy_dapper

Reaction score
View attachment 1004174 View attachment 1004177 s View attachment 1004176

Here are some pictures to show you what i mean. lightweight feel, more relaxed shape. They are prada and saint laurant slim fit suits.

Here are some of my favourite brands in no particular order and why:
- burberry: takes inspiration from classic fabrics while presenting suits in newer shapes
- paul smith: quirky side of british tailoring
- prada: use of fabrics, lightweight feel
- saint laurent: youth lean aesthetic, thin lapelled jackets, tight on shoulder fit.
- givenchy: youthful, edgy

In terms of fabrics, I could consider stretch wool for comfort and movement. Stretch cotton twill, suits partially lined for a lightweight feel. Are they suitable for hk summers?
About that, your opinion about the best quality of these 5 brands?

alex20000

Reaction score
Ah, maybe I got it wrong then. It was my friend from Hong Kong who called him on the 7th. I’ll confirm what happened again.

... I’ll make sure she called Ng Sifu then.

Thanks for the confirmation

Edit: Friend called 'Ah Jane', a staff of his. Appointment still stands.

Last edited:

bamboo

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking to get shirts made but need a 1 week turnaround time (it's for someone else). Any recommendations? Can go tomorrow thanks. Doesn't need top quality, just reasonable is fine.

Reasonableness is very subjective, but this my list.
Graly in Wanchai, Best Shirts in Central, Winguide in Causeway Bay and Jantzen. I have used all but Winguide in the past.
I think all just offer fused collar and cuff only, but can make reasonably good fitting shirt. Not so sure about pattern matching.
Shell button must be an option.

Woofwoofbark

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with both Dream Bespoke and Baromon and would be able to compare the two (excluding price as a factor). Simply who you feel makes the better suit for someone looking for a structured, traditional style in the finance industry. I’m looking to get a suit and a few shirts made and then add more suits as time goes, preferably with the same tailor.

There are a lot of mentions about DB in this thread recently but mostly focus on the value that they offer and less on comparing quality, hence my question.

I’ve visited both and found the experience at Baromon more pleasant and almost exactly as described in the link below and am leaning towards Baromon unless their reputation and quality is no better than DB. https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...-v-h-baromon-v-peter-lee-photos-added.434421/

Thanks for any insight

member2000r

Reaction score
Baramon has better work and cutting is old school. The canvas they use is also more flexible and softer than Dream's (BTW easy to upgrade canvas at DB if you are willing to pay extra). However if you want more contemporary cut you are encouraged to try DB as Baramon is quite not willing to change anything from their house default.

Personality I am Ricky's friend in real life, and I will stick with DB for odd pants.

explosion93

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been stalking this thread a while now and rather than make a new post thought I'd ask here.

I'm about to go to HK next month but I'll only be there for 3 days. Realise that's a very tight timeline but would love to get a suit made if possible.

My budget is 3500-7000hkd, and a little extra for another pair of trousers.
Not looking for anything particularly unique so don't have any special requirements, except at least full wool (or other materials) and half-canvassed but preferably full-canvassed.

I've heard a lot said about Lee Baron, Baron Kay, Simpson Sin, and Rashmi and think they fit my criteria on budget but maybe not on time?
I've heard Simpson Sin and Rashmi might be able to turn a suit around in 3 days but are they any good (or are the Tripadvisor ratings not to be trusted?)?

Any comments would be very helpful!

Cheers

Last edited:

sadkfjaskfaj

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had anything done by Allan Tom before? His prices seem equivalent to Lee Baron (~3500 for a suit, half-canvassed I think).

Facebook link to Allan Tom here.

I've browsed around for a bit at his Causeway Bay shop and I like his 'vibe', but I'm not an expert on menswear so I don't know how to determine whether his quality is good.

I'm thinking about getting a wool top-coat. I usually get stuff done by Lee Baron because I think Singh understands my wishes quite well, but there's also been a few issues with Lee Baron before (poor stitching on the trousers of one suit, a really wide waist on the trousers of another suit).

Last edited:

bamboo

Reaction score
Albini Hong Kong. They have local stock and tailors orders from them. there is no fabric shop with inventories for this brand. Price is quite high for consumer now I think.

Hifilover

Reaction score
Albini HK office has 2 price list. One for tailor shops , another for walk-in customers at 30 % price higher .

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second suit from Prologue in Holland and Sherry dark brown Crispaire. Sleeves need a press after shipping and the trousers need to be lengthened by an inch or so - otherwise very happy with the fit.

6F484D7F-C5C5-4E87-B780-B7DE7E4303CA.jpeg

67814086-7A75-415B-A09C-1F52DD60E9A9.jpeg

32A897C7-C8BC-4C48-9F1E-E3FF8B2273BD.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads