1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

1. HuggyBear

HuggyBear Member

Hello folks. Can anyone give a review or opinion on Ying Tai tailor in HK? I’ve had things made by Ascot Chang in the last and I’ve just got a note from them that they are now working with Ying Tai. I’ve never heard of them prior to this but it seems they’ve been around for a long time.

2. PekingRoadHK

PekingRoadHK Senior Member

Ying Tai tailor in HK
    https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...nd-fabric-shops-for-cmt-thread.542082/page-11
    https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...nd-fabric-shops-for-cmt-thread.542082/page-13

3. dragon8

dragon8 Distinguished Member

AC working with them for suits?

4. HuggyBear

HuggyBear Member

Yes. Apparently a new partnership. Both will be visiting the UK next month

5. HuggyBear

HuggyBear Member

6. BrilliantTravel

BrilliantTravel New Member

I am taking 4 of my buddies to HK beginning of September. As part of the trip I want to take them to get suits. Does a local guide who understands design, and all the technical terms for suit fitting exist? It is much more about the experience to learn what is proper for us than the actual suit we leave with. Thought being the knowledge will last a lifetime of future suit buying.

7. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior Member

I highly doubt it, cause if that guide understands design, and all the technical terms for suit fitting, he probably would be working in the tailoring industry.

Why don’t you just go to one of the few respected tailors in this thread? I don’t have much experience but would recommend Ricky at Dream Bespoke who is very friendly and patient and I’m sure you would be in good hands.

8. BrilliantTravel

BrilliantTravel New Member

If someone knowledgeable is not available we will absolutely do that. I am reading all about the different shops, now getting into fabrics. Just a lot to learn, would be nice to lean on someone with the knowledge already.

9. Cheer_hyde

Cheer_hyde New Member

10. PekingRoadHK

There are over 100 BaoTou (tailors) for all kinds of garments: suits, shirts, uniforms, for male and female for different price and quality, in Mirador. they are all mystery tailors when no one tells the name and address of your tailor.

Pick for yourself. There is no guarantee which baotou (tailor) best for everyone! Everyone has different needs!

11. Cheer_hyde

Cheer_hyde New Member

thanks man
    i dont have any fabric in hand , can i just walk in?
    i do not need a suit this time but just want to make shirt for reasonable price, i was charged about 1K in some tailor store in Hong Kong.

12. PekingRoadHK

There are baotou tailors for suits and shirts. Many local consumers go for shirts only.
    1) BaoTou tailors in Mirador mainly deal with tailor shops and local consumers only. Most of them speak Cantonese only, and most of them don't speak English.
    2) Most of them don't offer fabric. Customers have to buy their fabrics some place else.
    3) You don't know what you need. You pay more to get services from tailor shops.
    4) There are many retail tailor shops offering HK$1k for 3 shirts if HK$1k for one shirt is too much for you.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018

13. alex20000

alex20000 Member

Just set up an appointment with Ng Sifu. He said there are different prices for the level of suits. $1500, $2500, and $5000, will update once I get into Hong Kong and see how it goes... Not sure what the $5000hkd involves, thought the full canvas was $2800.

14. bamboo

bamboo Senior Member

Let us update about HKD 5,000. I wonder what he does on that.

15. alex20000

alex20000 Member

Yeah, curious about that. But just looking to get a full canvas @ $2800hkd from his FB page.

Will update about the $5000 though.