1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

1. bamboo

bamboo Senior Member

About the pulling, they should know how to fix it.

For the vest, if you change the design it is possible to fix that way indeed.
    I think you are going to do it remotely without actually seeing the fitter, if I were you I would get tailor's chalk and draw the line on the vest to see the best possible line and check in the mirror.

2. Roen

Roen Senior Member

If anyone remembers or cares about my saga with the three tailors, all three tailors were kind enough to stand by their work and provide refunds. I just had to ship the suit back to them, with the exception of Simpson Sin Tailor. That suit will be donated to the Salvation Army or another charity.

3. GBR

GBR Distinguished Member

Good advice!

4. GBR

GBR Distinguished Member

That's good to know. Don't let this experience put you off HK tailors, you can certainly get suits which will last you for many years and which will always be a pleasure to wear.

5. Roen

Roen Senior Member

I believe that, I'll just need to be there in person for at least a couple of months.

6. Eucris

Eucris Well-Known Member

Roen, I'm pleased you got a favourable outcome.

Hopefully other newbies can learn from your experience. There are some that refuse to read this thread in its entirety and get rather surprised when their commission turns out to be a pile of junk.

7. GBR

GBR Distinguished Member

Concentrate on building a rapport with one decent tailor and you will readily get to the point where he can 'make to finish' with complete confidence.