• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

takashi78

Reaction score
Yes, I'm going to be in Hong Kong for 3 weeks, I was born there and visit often and most certainly will be dropping by their store. I was wondering, how did ordering process go? I presume its MTM?

Please post some pics of the shop and your experience, i too ordered a suit from Jerry during the Malaysian trunk show.

AbsoluteStyle

Reaction score
@benjamin831, just to give you my erstwhile 10 cents. I've been an occasional Prologue customer for about 9 months now (i.e. 1 suit, 1 pair of trou). From personal experience, I can confirm that Jerry is rather wed to a house style - classic Neapolitan.

As for pricing, I paid just under 10K for a suit made in one of the luxury mohair bunches (Dugdale). Hope that helps.

Sounds good. Do you know where their suits are made?

docc

Reaction score
Can anyone describe the general house style of Grand Tailor and Dream Bespoke? And would they usually be able to make a suit within 1 week? Interested in a more structured British type cut...not sure who else in HK would do this style other than perhaps AMHC? Thanks.

Styleternity

Reaction score
Sounds good. Do you know where their suits are made?

Some strange combination of HK & SZ. It's my understanding that the initial cutting was done in HK, then with most of the finishing across the border.

@Easily Amused, in the interest of full disclosure: I had my initial fitting in March and didn't pick up until early August. That delay was entirely self-inflicted. Under normal circumstances, turnaround is 4-6 weeks.

Last edited:

bamboo

Reaction score
Can anyone describe the general house style of Grand Tailor and Dream Bespoke? And would they usually be able to make a suit within 1 week? Interested in a more structured British type cut...not sure who else in HK would do this style other than perhaps AMHC? Thanks.

They usually don't finish in 1 week as far as I know. So better check with them directly if they can accommodate such a request. Both GT and DB are more on structured side. As you mention AMHC, I think Gordon Yao and Baromon can do the style you wish.

Styleternity

Reaction score
Both GT and DB are more on structured side.

Just on the subject of Dream Bespoke, I'm doing my initial consultation with Ricky tomorrow. I've been variously told that he is flexible enough to do the southern Italian style but I'm looking forward to something with strong shoulders, nipped waist and a lengthy skirt.

Will report back more later.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, long-time lurker on this thread.

Magnus & Novus has been getting a lot of press attention but not so much on this forum so I was wondering if anyone here has ever commissioned a suit with them? There are few photos of their suits so its difficult to gauge what their house cut looks like. I have just recently ordered some Harrisons flannel and am looking to have a double breasted suit made up. They quoted me $8500HKD for CMT.

Reaction score

Having had 2 suits and an odd jacket made by Dream Bespoke, they are on the structured side with slight drape and slightly extended shoulders.

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having had 2 suits and an odd jacket made by Dream Bespoke, they are on the structured side with slight drape.

Will you post a full set of images please? It would be interesting to see it current quality; front/back/profiles with and with coat and the inside of the coat to review quality - some tailors fall down on this detail.

Reaction score
The lapels exhibit curious kinks as Bamboo has evidenced and I have see a further one. There is something amiss with the lapels or else some other facet of the coat. Photograph below.
Will you post a full set of images please? It would be interesting to see it current quality; front/back/profiles with and with coat and the inside of the coat to review quality - some tailors fall down on this detail.

Will post when I visit Hong Kong in the Christmas. I only had a basted fitting during my short stay so there are a few things I want to ask Ricky to correct. I think its only fair to the tailor that I post the final product.

Roen

Reaction score
Hello guys, another newbie here.

So I been trying to read all reviews and recommendations I have found about different tailors in HK. However most of them are a few years back and may be dated by now, so Im gonna go for it:

With a budget of 12-13000 HKD to have two tailored suits in Hong Kong, and with 7-8 days on my hand. Where do you think should I go to? Im looking to have some decent fabric (VBC/Reda?), but not anything very fancy. I want good quality hand work and "european" style, with not so much build up, and slender shoulders (do you say "slender"? I think youll know what i mean..). The attached picture shows pretty much what Im going for.

Im currently looking at Il Sarto, which seems to be a little out of my price range (and can only squeeze in two fittings in that time). Therefore, I'm considering Empire International or maybe Peter Lee. Whats the verdict on those two nowadays? Any other suggestions?

Thanks alot!

(If this information is updated and available elsewhere, i would be grateful to receive a link)

/Magnus

View attachment 823218

I just got back from HK, went to Empire and Simpson Sin for a quick 4 day suit and Ascot for a longer duration constructed suit.

I'm a larger gentleman, 6'1", 235 lbs.

Empire's suit is more fitted, and feels like a British Cut.
Simpson Sin is looser, and as such, seems like a hybrid between British and American Cuts, favoring the British.

As I prefer a more fitted suit, and that I like Empire's fabric more than Simpson Sin, and that Empire was cheaper, Empire would get my return business.

MrBergschrund

Reaction score
I just got back from HK, went to Empire and Simpson Sin for a quick 4 day suit and Ascot for a longer duration constructed suit.

I'm a larger gentleman, 6'1", 235 lbs.

Empire's suit is more fitted, and feels like a British Cut.
Simpson Sin is looser, and as such, seems like a hybrid between British and American Cuts, favoring the British.

As I prefer a more fitted suit, and that I like Empire's fabric more than Simpson Sin, and that Empire was cheaper, Empire would get my return business.

I am looking forward to make a new jacket. I was wondering if you could share some pictures and results of the Empire suit you've made.

Roen

Reaction score
I am looking forward to make a new jacket. I was wondering if you could share some pictures and results of the Empire suit you've made.
Let me take some pictures and get back to you. I would also like some feedback from the community here.

They had a very nice sport coat in their fitting room, I am thinking about having that done for myself as well.

Roen

Reaction score
You are right. If we go to those bespoke tailor shops which they claim they got their own workshops, they might have their B team to serve us. That B team outsource their work to China workshops, they are BaoTou. I rather deal with BaoTou directly for the same product.

I would put it this way, A team for their VIP customers for their own HK workshops, and B (BaoTou) team for walk-in customers for China workshops.
Does Ascot Chang use an in-house tailor for their walk-in customers?

Roen

Reaction score

I now intend to enjoy this once again and fully intend to clear out a number of Yao suits from my wardrobe - prematurely over the next couple of years, probably at a rate of six per year.

How does one clear our their suits? Dispose? Donate? Alter?

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniazahid125