• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

klp2332

Reaction score
W Bill Blue Herringbone Tweed Jacket by Classic Bespoke
Luxire Olive Moleskin Trousers
20170927_152730.jpg
20170927_153309.jpg
20170927_153139.jpg
20170927_154418.jpg
20170927_154756(0).jpg

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all, longtime lurker on this lovely thread.

I hate to flog the proverbial dead horse if someone has already asked this but has any forumite here had 1st hand experience with Suitaccess? They have a well pitched marketing strategy, in conjunction with their (seemingly) adequate communication skills I was interested in finding out a bit more about their product before jumping in.

The one piece collared shirts look fairly nice.

Who on earth is this outfit?

They should not be relying on "a well pitched marketing strategy". Marketeers and salesmen cannot style anything and are merely interested in the forthcoming commission and the sight of you in the departure lounge at CLK.

If "The one piece collared shirts look fairly nice", they should not be your choice. You must be at least 110% satisfied if you elect to patronise strange outfits.

Always remember that wood veneer shop fittings and a leather armchair do not make good garments.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Th
W Bill Blue Herringbone Tweed Jacket by Classic Bespoke
Luxire Olive Moleskin Trousers
View attachment 848597
View attachment 848598
View attachment 848599
View attachment 848600
View attachment 848601

The coat looks a little tight at the button point and perhaps a tad short. You don't show us the back but the third picture suggests s problem with the sleeve pitch and back generally at your right shoulder.

InkedCoat_LI.jpg

Whose is the posh staircase and why are you looking to the heavens - divine inspiration needed!?

klp2332

Reaction score
Th

The coat looks a little tight at the button point and perhaps a tad short. You don't show us the back but the third picture suggests s problem with the sleeve pitch and back generally at your right shoulder.

View attachment 848664

Whose is the posh staircase and why are you looking to the heavens - divine inspiration needed!?
Thanks, GBR. Good eye! If I remember correctly, I think I had this one made up to be 31" which is indeed on the shorter side for me. But, generally, for better or worse, I like them to be short.

As for the bulge that appears in the third photo, I think it is an anomaly of the photo. It is more apparent from other photographs, but if you look at this one closely enough, you might be able to see that the bulge is actually my back.

The staircase is part of the Chambers Club/St. Pancras Hotel. Coincidentally, whilst I was at the club, I bumped into a celebrity from the the entertainment industry whom I very much respect and grew up with in my teenage years.

Styleternity

Reaction score
I have one shirts and one suit made by Suit Access.

Their method is 1) they make a fitting suit with different fabric from the final one, there is no basted or forward fitting with the actual fabric of the final product. 2) final fitting is with the fully made suit with actual fabric of your choice. If there is nothing to adjust, you take your suit home, if something needs to be adjusted they send the suit to workshop. Good point about this method is it is far easier to see the fitting or balance with fully made suit than basted stage. Drawback is you can not examine the craftsman ship of inside of the suit. Andy the owner is easy to talk with and serious about making a good garment.
My first suit may not be perfect but I will make more after wearing and accessing the points to improve.

I made a one-piece collar shirt. I suggest you to specify soft fusing material. Mine is quite stiff.

Thanks @bamboo! That is very good to hear. Do you know if Andy outsources any stage of the making to workers in Shenzhen/Guangzhou? Or is this a 100% "made in HK" operation?

Good call on the one piece, I actually had a similar problem with my first one piece collar shirt from an Australian tailor. The fusing was far too stiff. The thing basically ended up looking like a starchy oxford cloth button down!

AbsoluteStyle

Reaction score
Thanks @bamboo! That is very good to hear. Do you know if Andy outsources any stage of the making to workers in Shenzhen/Guangzhou? Or is this a 100% "made in HK" operation?

Good call on the one piece, I actually had a similar problem with my first one piece collar shirt from an Australian tailor. The fusing was far too stiff. The thing basically ended up looking like a starchy oxford cloth button down!

He outsources to mainland (Shenzhen I believe) - I called him a few weeks ago.

Do you mind sharing which tailor you bought the one-piece collar shirt from?

bamboo

Reaction score

He outsources to mainland (Shenzhen I believe) - I called him a few weeks ago.

Do you mind sharing which tailor you bought the one-piece collar shirt from?

As @AbsoluteStyle points out they use workshop in Shanzen. I am not worried about now whether it is made in Hong Kong or Shanzen. I feel it is getting more difficult to get consistent level of makers in Hong Kong.

About the one piece collar shirts, it should be OK if you specify softer fusing.

I got one piece collar shirts from several makers in Hong Kong and the one with still fusing I mentioned is from Suit Access.

AbsoluteStyle

Reaction score
As @AbsoluteStyle points out they use workshop in Shanzen. I am not worried about now whether it is made in Hong Kong or Shanzen. I feel it is getting more difficult to get consistent level of makers in Hong Kong.

About the one piece collar shirts, it should be OK if you specify softer fusing.

I got one piece collar shirts from several makers in Hong Kong and the one with still fusing I mentioned is from Suit Access.

I am of the belief that Suit Access just uses one of the baotous located in Mirador Mansion (TST) - pattern drawn/cut in HK + stitched together in mainland China. Shenzhen workshops being the standard basic level + Shanghai workshops being more "premium".

It is widely known that only a handful of top tier stores in HK have their own inhouse workshops (WW Chan, Ascot Chang, etc.) mainly because they have the scale to support one. The rest all just outsource to Baotous who then outsource to mainland Chinese factories.

MrBergschrund

Reaction score
I am of the belief that Suit Access just uses one of the baotous located in Mirador Mansion (TST) - pattern drawn/cut in HK + stitched together in mainland China. Shenzhen workshops being the standard basic level + Shanghai workshops being more "premium".

It is widely known that only a handful of top tier stores in HK have their own inhouse workshops (WW Chan, Ascot Chang, etc.) mainly because they have the scale to support one. The rest all just outsource to Baotous who then outsource to mainland Chinese factories.

I’d thought you called SA? Didn’t get the info right and started guessing?

Just to save you a phone call, I have talked to Andy in person and I was told SA doesn’t use Baotou like typical tailor shops.

Besides why does it matter if it is Baotou or not? The good tailor shops have exclusive sifu to make their suits. And how tailor works with or communicate with a sifu is another big factor.

Last edited:

AbsoluteStyle

Reaction score
I’d thought you called SA? Didn’t get the info right and started guessing?

Just to save you a phone call, I have talked to Andy in person and I was told SA doesn’t use Baotou like typical tailor shops.

Besides why does it matter if it is Baotou or not? The good tailor shops have exclusive sifu to make their suits. And how tailor works with or communicate with a sifu is another big factor.

I did speak to him over the phone and was told he outsources the work to a cutter + mainland china workshop - which has led to my belief that he uses a Baotou (whether he wants to call it that or not).

More importantly, it seems you are quite sensitive around my comment. I did not say it mattered whether he uses a baotou or not - I just put forth what I was led to believe after I spoke to him.

MrBergschrund

Reaction score
I did speak to him over the phone and was told he outsources the work to a cutter + mainland china workshop - which has led to my belief that he uses a Baotou (whether he wants to call it that or not).

More importantly, it seems you are quite sensitive around my comment. I did not say it mattered whether he uses a baotou or not - I just put forth what I was led to believe after I spoke to him.

Sorry if you found me too sensitive, but I don’t think there’s room for guessing or believing; for one, your information is so simple as to make another phone call to confirm instead of guessing; secondly, wrong info can severely hurt a business/industry or it can lead others to the wrong path (*cough cough* that’s why there’s another thread regarding Baotou). Btw if you don’t know or uncertain, you can always ask :)

Anyway, since you shared belief, what are you implying?

RectoVerso

Reaction score
Hi all !

I just settled in Hong Kong and would be more than happy to try the famous Ascot Chang and WW Chan, likely for a light suit that would match the local weather.

I will share my thoughts and some photos here with you guys :)

schumanfu

Reaction score
Hong Kong life has proven to keep me very busy. I wanted to circle back and provide updates on my first bespoke suit experience in Hong Kong via Senszio. I hadn’t found time until recently to go back and air my grievances about the issues pointed out here thanks to GBR and others. The man who fitted me and walked me through everything emailed me about a month ago to see if I was happy with everything. I let him know about the things Mentioned here about my suit and how I wished to rectify the issues. We arranged a meeting. Took a while given my busy schedule but we found an hour we both were free for me to head over to TST. The service level was as before, very welcoming and reassuring but this time I was armed with knowledge of what a proper fit should look like. I let him know I was upset about all the trouble spots on my suit (thanks to the feedback on this thread). They surprisingly agreed on almost all the points and also reminded me how this was a rush order. At the time of my visit I did express how I needed a suit asap but didn’t want to go for one of those 24 hour turnarounds that I heard would definitely skimp on quality. I had 2 weeks before the wedding and I assumed that would be enough time to craft a decent suit. They said that it would be possible but it would definitely be a rush order, come in just in time and not allow for adjustments or the basted fitting step which they prefer with new first timers who are in Hong Kong. Alteration were free for up to 6 months from purchase and I needed it for my friend's wedding so we moved forward so I could get the suit in time.

We both agreed that it wasn’t an ideal situation and he said that the trouble spots on my suit were unacceptable and well below their typical standard. And rather than waste time on trying to solve the issues with this suit, they would start over and provide a brand new suit free of charge. Wasn’t expecting that tbh. He marked up the original suit and took all my measurements once again. We also discussed some additional improvements. He suggested getting one with a button for security (wallet) and leaving the other one without for easy access. I also pointed out how I carry my keys on a carabiner on my right side belt loop and try to tuck the hanging keys into my back pocket. They could align the belt loop to be exactly where I want it to ensure the keys stay tucked into my back pocket. Little things like that I’m excited about because they fit my specific personal habits and make it easier for me in my daily life.

This most recent experience turned my impression around and I wanted to be fair to them by sharing it here on this thread. Once I get my new suit back I’ll be sure to post again to get another round of honest feedback but right now I’m just glad they were willing to resolve my frustrations to keep me happy.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smooth bernie