The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

1. teoky

teoky Senior member

Let us know how it turns out :) will be very interested.

2. bamboo

bamboo Senior member

Graly does fitting. I don't remember if they keep paper pattern or not, probably they do.

Not related to your post but how did you choose your forum name?

3. bamboo

bamboo Senior member

Talking about Prologue, I generally like their products photos. I have not seen their real pieces so my impression is just based on pictures. I like Mr. JT's suit most among their photos, but some of their jackets on their customers look slightly off to me. About the below, to my liking, jacket should be a bit longer and pocket should be lower accordingly. Or button place should be slightly higher.

18580530_1714469025517087_7270083655811203072_n(1).jpg

4. geeboo

geeboo Member

IMO, Prologue is up to the present the only tailor in HK manged to create a signature cut of its own which looks good.
    Lower gorge, steep inclined gorge line, wide collar, slight/ not really slight concave lapel, lower button stance & a elongated silhouette in a soft construction - it reminds me some of the vintage cut of Polo RL suits, nice drape !

Last edited: May 24, 2017 at 5:18 PM
  5. hippotamus

hippotamus Senior member

Agree with the house style viewpoint, at least Prologue Have one and they stick (hopefully) to it.

Not really sure what the housestyle of the bigger house like Gordon Yao or WWChan are....or if they even have one.

One thing for us is that HK tailor house has this image of being a great place to copy your SR / Napolian suit....so really we dont want your house style.

6. geeboo

geeboo Member

If i were U , I would be more humble. Post your own portrait photos before making some aggressive comments; let me comment on your style.
    BTW, what is SR ?

Last edited: May 24, 2017 at 10:31 PM
  7. GBR

GBR Senior member

I don't see anything wrong with the post

8. bamboo

bamboo Senior member

SR= Savile Row

I don't see any agressiveness on hippo's post. Only thing I may see as a source of misunderstanding is that "we dont want your house style".
    It should be "we dont want their house style" from the context and this "you" is not referring to Geebo but to GY and Chan.

9. teoky

teoky Senior member

Maybe we need to look at the full body picture. Maybe if they increase the length of the jacket, it might throw off the balance of the suit. Either way, I think we can let them know what kind of length we want even if it's MTM?

Agree on the product photos. We need more people to try them out and let us know how it looks in real life.

10. geeboo

geeboo Member

Tks bamboo for clearing out the matter.:tongue:. Back to conversation:rotflmao:

11. hippotamus

hippotamus Senior member

Please accept my apology if there are any misunderstanding.

As bamboo's words my comment are totally towards housestyle of tailor shop......