1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. PekingRoadHK

PekingRoadHK Senior member

Who will tell those tailor shop sales people to move on when they mislead consumers? You? Did you really get my point? It's their daily job here.

Members want to check info here before they spend. We, consumers don't want to be misled.

PekingRoad.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017 at 7:57 AM
  2. kwoknero

kwoknero Member

Hmm.... The thread original intentions is a collection of various tailors shops in Hong Kong. Whether there are various sales actively promote their tailor's shops or not? I don't see it, all I see various people posting their pre/mid/finish products with their tailors.

PekingRoad you came in with baotou information, which provided consumers with another alternative. That's great for consumers. Let's just leave it at that, some people will use baotou and some will use tailors. No need to bash one and promote another. It is not useful to improve the quality of the thread.

3. PekingRoadHK

You didn't see them, many see them. Your point is tailor shop sales people bashing on BaoTou, that's not a problem. Bashing on tailor shops is a problem. You guys don't want me to repeat the same thing, but you guys repeat the same thing first. Then, you guys ask me to stop, but you are now repeating the same thing. If you guys want me to stop, then, why are you repeating the same thing? Then, someone bash on BaoTou and promotes tailor shops, no one tells that person to stop. Then, I correct that person , and someone asks me to stop. I see this game from the beginning.

A sales tried to mislead consumers on pricing comparison, I pointed it out last page, he made correction right after I pointed it out. You mean to stop pointing those misleading massages? Let sales people mislead consumers? Those misleading massage is useful to improve the quality of the thread?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017 at 10:57 AM
  4. kwoknero

kwoknero Member

So when did I say it is okay for tailor people to bash baotou, and it is not okay for batou to bash tailor? Again, all I said you gave consumer an alternative method to get their "bespoke" suit. That's great, let's the consumer to choose. But I don't see any benefit constantly remind people to choose baotou over tailor.

5. kwoknero

kwoknero Member

For the tailor shop to charge 2x or 3x prices difference between them and baotou is a business decision. Frankly, it is none of our business. We as a consumer has a choice whether you agree to their prices or not. Yes, great, no, find another one.

6. PekingRoadHK

You should tell those sale people to stop misleading consumers and stop bashing on BaoTou instead of telling me to stop. I said the same thing long time ago, you repeat my same thing. No one tells those sales people to stop. Then, those sales people will keep misleading consumers in this thread..

in the opposite direction: did you see the benefit constantly remind people to choose tailor shop over BaoTou?
    my 4429#, 4448#, 4450# of this thread has mentioned the same thing, you just repeated them. You asked me to stop, then, you repeat the same thing.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017 at 10:35 AM
  7. kwoknero

kwoknero Member

Well, so far you are the one actively share your baotou info. I haven't see anyone share their tailor shop for awhile now. The last 15 pages or so are between people agree/disagree about baotou. Both sides are repeating same thing again and again.

8. PekingRoadHK

and you are now repeating the same thing while you are asking people to stop repeating the same thing.

Fact is products from BaoTou is the same as products from tailor shops. Because BaoTou are the tailors for tailor shops. I can post photos from BaoTou workshops, I made a factory visit in Shenzhen awhile ago. I am sure you just want tailor shop brands, you don't want BaoTou.

I know this game, a few members speaking with similiar tone/direction, they are the same group of people behind.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017 at 10:58 AM
  9. kwoknero

kwoknero Member

I am stating what happened for last 15 pages or so of this thread. How is that repeating? You think tailor sales promoting their tailor shops. I disagree with you, that's all.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Last warning - if you don't stop posting on the subject, I'll have to stop you from doing so. I tried to do this without having to say it explicitly.

Please remember that this is a community. We cannot have individual members making the forum unpleasant for other people and also disregarding moderators or administrators. I trust that you will understand this, and act accordingly.

Cheers,

Fok.

11. PekingRoadHK

without pointing the name of BaoTou or Shenzhen workshop location, this Shenzhen made Milanese buttonhole is ok? This is made by one of the 3 sifu who produces Milanese buttonhole for most HK tailor shops. I think the other 2 might do a better job than this one:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017 at 11:30 AM