• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Last edited:

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am sad to say that the way SF operates far worse than those local China forum. By suppressing freedom of speech, it only proves my point of how righteous I am regarding this SSP classic car. Not only he and his doctor friend wanted to monopolize Dugdale fabrics, but also wanted to control all the group buys. I am not taking sides, only speaks the truth, but his tailoring service provided are maintained at Temple Street's level. Of course this message will sure be silenced soon.

Huh?

BigBadBernard

Reaction score
Just ordered 4 Thos Mason shirts from Graly as in HK for a few days. At HKD3,500 for the lot it seems good value on the face of it. Will report back on quality and fit when I pick them up in a few days...

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I am sad to say that the way SF operates far worse than those local China forum. By suppressing freedom of speech, it only proves my point of how righteous I am regarding this SSP classic car. Not only he and his doctor friend wanted to monopolize Dugdale fabrics, but also wanted to control all the group buys. I am not taking sides, only speaks the truth, but his tailoring service provided are maintained at Temple Street's level. Of course this message will sure be silenced soon.

This thread is for sales people to make sales of their products and services to foreigners visiting HK. This is how they run their business. There is no point to interrupt their business, they are just making a living. That's all.

They cannot survive in the local market. That's why you see a few sales people pretending as consumers dropping notes periodically. Their products and services are out market for local consumers. This thread is NOT for HK local consumers. Local consumers see that very well, we go someplace else.

Last edited:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
huh?

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score

Don't panic. I am not interrupting business of those sales people here. Travelers coming to HK want to spend their time efficiently. They spend more to save time and effort. That’s why they go tailor shops or deal with sales people here. There is nothing wrong with it. In economic term, this is an HK export business. Keep going, work hard, and good reward to those sales people here.

Everyone sees sales people here are providing very limited choices and limited stories for consumers in this thread. For local consumers, we have sufficient resources to look for more suitable fabrics and tailors at lower cost. We choose to bypass the middlemen. This is consumer rights. We go someplace else. It's that simple.

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you want to properly debate prices, construction quality, value for money, fits/looks etc that's fine. But please leave ad hominen attacks and snide insinuations out of this thread.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
If you want to properly debate prices, construction quality, value for money, fits/looks etc that's fine. But please leave ad hominen attacks and snide insinuations out of this thread.

huh? There is no hominem attack or snide insinuation against anyone. Travelers coming to HK should go tailor shops or deal with sales people (middlemen). This is the wise choice, all in one place. They spend more to save time and effort. What else do you suggest for travelers? I would not suggest travelers to shop for fabrics and tailors (middlemen) in different places. This is too confusing. But for local consumers, that's another story.

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The remarks are not directed at you specifically.

There have been a cluster of newly registered and re-registered 'members'.

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
The remarks are not directed at you specifically.

There have been a cluster of newly registered and re-registered 'members'.
Let's concentrate on this thread. I am considering either VBC wool or Scabal wool for my next CMT suit. If both are at the same price level and have the same weight, does it mean they are at similiar grade level?

My next question. I wonder why there is no discussion about summer suit. Both cotton and linen are good for the summer.

Last edited:

bloodyj13

Reaction score
Let's concentrate on this thread. I am considering either VBC wool or Scabal wool for my next CMT suit. If both are at the same price level and have the same weight, does it mean they are at similiar grade level?

My next question. I wonder why there is no discussion about summer suit. Both cotton and linen are good for the summer.
with due respect, it's a bit late to talk about summer jacket i guess, i already got it done before the summer, as you can see from other shops such as nmwa, they are now holding the pre-order for the fall/winter.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't been here for a while, things seem to have changed.

Please do not be over-excited and tell everything you knew to everyone.

It is plain annoying and silly.

Anyway I will like to share my recent odd jacket combo. Jacket is Zegna "Crossply" Wool/Linen/Silk 260g, Trousers same fabric 240g, made by GT as usual.

Tie is from Vanda Fine Clothing.

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
with due respect, it's a bit late to talk about summer jacket i guess, i already got it done before the summer, as you can see from other shops such as nmwa, they are now holding the pre-order for the fall/winter.

For HK weather, I just feel summer before Novermber every year.
For me, wool of 260grams - 280 grams is good for all seasons suit, 310 grams is good for the winter, 240 grams is good the the summer.

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@add911_11, nice to see the clothes in your palace, what shirt did you wear with that combo?

BTW I was at the DOJ/ High court the other day, and was half wondering if I'd bump into you.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads