1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

I just want to say , it is not you said going to tailor shops is 50% higher than go to Baotou .

2. PekingRoadHK

PekingRoadHK Senior member

Depending on how much profit tailor shops charge on their profit, some charge more and some charges less, can be 100% higher. Your 4469# proved you sell for Michael, and his tailor shop charges more than BaoTou. The fact is going to tailor shops costs more than going to BaoTou. Sales people from tailor shops should not fool consumers anymore! We got the same products from BaoTou. Going to BaoTou is value. I don't see the value for tailor shops, therefore, I deal with BaoTou directly.

You want to raise the same issue again? You want to protect the interest of your preferred tailor shops. We, consumers don't need to protect the interest for tailor shops. There are local consumers from this forum, they PM me to say thank you for BaoTou issue, it is new to many local consumers. It is not what you said only foreigners in this forum. I said foreigners should go tailor shops instead of BaoTou, because they just don't have time for fabric shopping and they can't communicate with BaoTou without Cantonese language skill. They are for 2 different markets, both can exist at the same time.
    4429#, 4448#, 4450# of this thread plus 170# of Best Value Tailor in Hong Kong
    http://www.styleforum.net/threads/best-value-tailor-in-hong-kong.68785/page-9

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017 at 11:15 AM
  3. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

I just want to say , I do not mind to pay 20% more to tailor shops than go to baotou direct. I had several bad experience with Baotou direct plus i do not like to spend time to buy fabric .

4. PekingRoadHK

I have experiences in the opposite direction. Especially those tailor shops (20% more) are bad tailor shops, make things worse, sales people disturb BaoTou to make proper fittings, or sale people without fitting experiences do the fitting.

I deal with BaoTou, and I always got good expereinces.

5. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

It is your own experience , does not mean other people are same .

What you did , proof you selling Ng sifu.

6. PekingRoadHK

I quoted reviews from members here, you should say they are the sales.

My experiences are real, unlike stories from tailor shop sales. In the oppsite direction, your good experiences with tailor shops and bad experiences with BaoTou: It is your own experience , does not mean other people are same .
    Why sales people disturb BaoTou to make proper fittings? this is the so-called service.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017 at 2:48 AM
  7. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

8. PekingRoadHK

no, I raised an alternative when someone raised another brand in the beginning.

you sell for Michael at 4469# and mislead consumers by saying going to your preferred tailor shop costs less than going to BaoTou. You want to mislead consumers to go to your preferred tailor shop, the fact is going to BaoTou costs less than going to tailor shops, including your preferred tailor shop.

Sales people from tailor shops are the people who make troubles to tailor shops. They disturb BaoTou to make proper fittings for customers? this is the so-called service for customers, and that is one of the seasons no service from BaoTou is much better than going to that kind of tailor shop. Instead of complaining about BaoTou issue, you should complain those tailor shop sales who make troubles to tailor shops.

This is what you said at 4469#:
    full canvas 2 piece Fresco is hkd5800 , half canvas 2 pc Dugdale New Few worsted is hkd4k. It is around 20% cheaper than go to Baotou direct.

For 2 pcs suit, CMT BaoTou, new customer pay max HK$2.8k workmanship for full canvas, max HK$2k workmanship half canvas. Fabric is extra.
    For fabric, Fresco for 52 British pound / meter + shipping, Dugdale for HK$450/yard in HK.
    I need 3 meter / 3.3yard for my suit. ie. HK$4.xk for Fresco full canvas, HK$3.xk for Dugdale half canvas.
    Going to Michael costs more than going to BaoTou.
    We got the same product from BaoTou. Going to BaoTou is value.

Why you want to mislead consumers?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017 at 11:14 AM
  9. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

I never said go to tailor shop is cheaper than go to Baotou . What your said is go to baotou saves 50 %.
    I pick a counter example only .

I am not a sale , I am a consumer .

10. kwoknero

kwoknero Member

Can someone stop these arguments? It like 2 child fighting against each other. It doesn't improve the thread whatsoever.

takashi78 likes this.
  11. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

Seems like, after almost exactly ten years, this thread has run its course and should be locked permanently.

12. PekingRoadHK

They just want to use this platform to sell for their tailor shop brands. That's why they say the same things for 10 years, over 200 pages of tailor shop advertisements, mislead consumers to go to their preferred tailor shops. When they see an alternative issue and especially it costs less, they become mad. They will keep selling in this forum.

I think consumers would be more interested on Best Value Tailor in Hong Kong, 170#
    https://www.styleforum.net/threads/best-value-tailor-in-hong-kong.68785/page-9

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017 at 11:30 AM
  13. flvinny521

flvinny521 Senior member

Your posts are the primary reason I feel that way.