The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

1. dbc

dbc Senior member

2. orca2

orca2 Member

I heard that for sport coat is aroound HKD 3~4000 based on the fabric u choice. For Over coat, I think it should charge more than 5000 for sure.

I have finished 1st fitting last week and will have the second fitting next week. I picked a royal blue fabric which cost HKD 5000 for full canvassed 2 button suit. Will try to take some pictures in my 2 second fitting and share with u guys.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

3. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

This might be really absurd, but I am contemplating getting Chinos made by a Chinese/Hong Kong based tailor, because I cant find decent ones here in Germany, especially in more colors than just the regular ones.

Has anyone any recommendations for smallish tailors that would do this kind of work?

4. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

^ Peter Lee as discussed in this thread. If you send him a pair of trousers that fir you well you can mention any small adjustments to him which he will fix. Good luck!

5. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Thanks, then I will contact him and ask him about it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011

6. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Peter got back at me and quoted me 950HK$ for a pair of chinos, which I find quite a bit expensive. Is the quality really that superior?

7. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

$950 HKD is $120 USD. I doubt you'll find a better pair of custom trousers out there for around that price.

8. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

I dont disagree, but the thing is, I need rather standard chinos, nothing too special. I want them fused and what not, I just want solid fabric quality and a wide selection of colors.

I guess, I have to look elsewhere.

9. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

That is really not expensive consider what the big name offers

I have a pair of linen trouser made by him this summer, It is the best fitted trouser I had, you really won't be disappointed

10. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

I'd just go with Uniqlo or Muji in that case.

11. orca2

orca2 Member

Got my second fitting last week. Overall they made reasonable suit but there are few pros and cons I realized:
    1) The fitting of trouser is great but a bit short but they promiss to fix it.
    2) The jacket is great but as mentioned by members here they made it a bit too tight so the front wasn't look good.
    3) The jacket is too short (from my veiw point) but still acceptable. May be I will ask them to length it a little longer in my final fitting later this week.
    4) I asked for full canvassed but to me the jacket is like half canvassed since it was too light and not thick enough like what I got from AC before.

Anyway, I will have the final product posted here and hope some of u can share with me how it was made.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011

12. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I feel like PL tends to go a bit short on his suit jackets. It was fine for my DB suit but not really for my SB.

13. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

I probably wont be, but tbh, I was planning on getting 5-8 pairs assuming a price around 350HK$. I might have been off-base from the beginning, but 950HK$ is a bit too expensive for my taste.

Yeah, neither exists for me or dont have a wide selection. So annoying.

14. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Dude his shirts are 280 so trouser for350 is unheard of unless you're in mainland China

15. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

You should not look at HK.

Go to factory outlet in Tun Chung, there BB shop might have want you want but they would not be $350

If you are really looking at that price, don't buy any because you will regret