The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Kenny Lo

Kenny Lo Active Member

Agree with aton, many people dont know what is a good suit, full canvas suit is more comfortable and I also treat the suit is an art piece because of its craftsmanship.

2. Classic Car

Classic Car Senior member

For me, canvass vest is more easy to dinstinguish than canvass jacket when compare to fused.
    It is more breathable and softer at the shoulder area. It is much more comfortable.

3. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior member

+1. Just go to Central and look at how many men who wear their trousers too long

4. BigbigJohnny

BigbigJohnny Well-Known Member

Never get a vest made before.
    Just wonder why shoulder area is more comfort for canvassed one?

5. BigbigJohnny

its a huge difference for me

6. Classic Car

The front shoulder part is softer.

7. BigbigJohnny

Because harder finishing?

and why most tailor do not make canvassed vest?

8. Alex-ModaR

Alex-ModaR Affiliate Vendor

Hmm seems my previous post didn't get through so will retype it.
    @Isolation: Will have Chris reach out to you directly on pricing as I'm not sure what he promised you.

@Kenny: No worries I never for a moment felt that you were bullying for a remake. If anything I think it was a miscommunication and I wanted to make it clear that we weren't tricking you as some other members had thought. As Chris and I both mentioned earlier, we always do our best to maintain customer satisfaction. Based on what you mentioned earlier you said you were unsatisfied but when Chris asked you, you didn't mention anything. You shouldn't have felt bad saying something because at the end of the day it's our goal that even if a customer doesn't plan to do repeat business, we do want to make sure you leave knowing that we did the best that we could. In regards to the overall fit it seems that your trousers are too baggy but I'm not sure if this is a personal preference thing or what exactly. I just wanted to add that a lot of times people cry out that something is hideously done but they forget that while a tailor crafts the suits, at the end of the day it's a personal preference issue as well! I can't tell you guys how many clients I have that wear clothing that's just absurdly tight or absurdly loose.. I have stories that could go on for hours but the point being that EVEN with our advice the client still has their choice (even if it means Chris and I cringe when we watch them walk out haha). I myself am guilty of wearing looser pants. I constantly get scolded by my tailors and Chris but at the end of the day I prefer comfort haha. Kenny do let me know if you decide on coming in and getting it sorted, please PM me thanks!

9. Kenny Lo

Kenny Lo Active Member

Alex, appreciate your believe that always put the customers at the first place, I think you, Chris and your tailor are the suit lover, just want to share the best with other suit lovers. If you think that remake is the way that to prove your practice your believe, I am ok to accept this offer. I don't think it is not an apology, because it is just some misunderstanding of the communication between your staff and me. Just tell me the difference of charge between fused and full canvass, I will pay for the difference for the remake one. I don't want to give another one a bad impression that I am asking for any benefit.

10. Classic Car

Hi Johnny,

I am not a tailor but I asked this question from a tailor before. I am not sure I am absolutely correct about this answer. Canvas vest is harder and takes longer to make, that is why cmt charge is higher than fused. Also, some tailors use thick cotton inside instead of wool canvas to make vest. It also wears more comfortable than fused. But I think it does not drape not as good as wool canvas.

11. Classic Car

Hi Kenny,

If you decide to have the jacket remake to full canvass, have the right shoulder dimple fixed as well as lengthen the right sleeve to make look balance as your left sleeve. Have the right sleevehead rounder and rotate the sleeve pitch a little bit . Better to have the vest remake to canvass too. Pants need to do something, from my eyes, they look like uniqlo cotton pants. Unacceptable for dress pants.

12. Fishball

Fishball Senior member

Car,

I don't know what you mean by "drape" on a vest, can you explain?

13. Classic Car

Fish,

I cannot explain in words. To my eyes, it looks better.

14. Fishball

Fishball Senior member

For me it is very diffcult to understand how a vest have "drape" :revolve:

15. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member