• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aton

Reaction score
Hi Isolation,

IMHO, all 3 jackets have the same problems - shoulders too wide, no good treatment for uneven shoulder heights, excessive suppression at waist, and jacket length too long. The rear looks aweful (maybe due to the camera angle ?)

If I were you, I will reject them (unless for some reason you specifically asked for such cutting.)

Regards,

Last edited:

Kenny Lo

Reaction score
Isolation,

IMO, the fabric of DB one is too shiny, like polyester but not pure wool. And the back of the jacket is not smooth for those 3 suits.
Agree with aton that reject these three. Although they are not expensive, but why dont save them for a high end one.

Last edited:

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fishball ching, 
compare the craftsmanship between baromon and Chan's, which one is better?  

I don't know how to say. I don't have any suit made by Chan.
But I saw more than a dozen suit they made.

For the craftmanship, I will said both are excellent. But I like Baromon more, the reason is strange, Baromon suit is more "man made", Chan suit is very nice, but "too good," it sometime look more like "factory made" suit.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The black suit is Chan's. It's fairly expensive, but I suppose it's because I got a nicer zegna fabric. For what it's worth when wearing it it definitely feels significantly better fit than the SS ones. Can you guys pinpoint exactly what the problems are with the suits? I just assumed the fabric from the back is just natural. After all, nobody stands exactly straight all the time, but maybe it still shouldn't ripple like that.

Yeah the DB is a bit shiny, I do regret the fabric choice, but well, that's my fault.

I'm pretty sure the reason the shoulders look huge is due to camera angle though, it looks normal usually.

Oh, also, I emailed Chan and they said they don't do CMT anymore. What's Baroman's CMT price for a 3pc?

Last edited:

Kenny Lo

Reaction score

The black sui, but I suppose it's because I got a nicer zegna fabric. For what it's worth when wearing it it definitely feels significantly better fit than the SS ones. Can you guys pinpoint exactly what the problems are with the suits? I just assumed the fabric from the back is just natural. After all, nobody stands exactly straight all the time, but maybe it still shouldn't ripple like that.

Yeah the DB is a bit shiny, I do regret the fabric choice, but well, that's my fault.

I'm pretty sure the reason the shoulders look huge is due to camera angle though, it looks normal usually.

Oh, also, I emailed Chan and they said they don't do CMT anymore. What's Baroman's CMT price for a 3pc?

its difficult to tell the exact problem of the suit, just feel that is not smooth enough for the back and the cutting of the suit is strange
i also want to try baromon, last year one of the ching tell me that is around 10k HKD.

APHK

Reaction score
Isolation : your suits have shoulders that are too wide and the waists are too suppressed. They look like power suits from the 80's. They would look a lot better if the shoulders weren't so padded and the waist let out about 2 inches. The back should not have such a pronounced V silhouette.

Seeing that these suits are from different tailors but share the same cut, maybe you requested them to me made like that?

Last edited:

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhat; I did want those features. In fact I don't find it overly garish at all, but I'm new to suits and classic menswear so possibly I'm just a slave to fashions. The suppression doesn't seem too bad to me because there isn't too much fabric pulling not to the extent I see very often (I'm sure you know what I mean).

Also it definitely doesn't look that huge from the back normally I'll take a picture with the long view to show the silhouette. Maybe it is a huge drop but it doesn't feel too much to me at all.

I do plan on getting a mix of pagoda and natural shoulders for my next suits though.

I may very well try Baroman out. Is that price for 3pc cmt?

Finally to the poster who had a moda suit, would you be so kind to post pictures? In very interested in getting suits from them and is like to see pictures. I would really appreciate it.

I might stick to SS otherwise.

Last edited:

Kenny Lo

Reaction score

Somewhat; I did want those features. In fact I don't find it overly garish at all, but I'm new to suits and classic menswear so possibly I'm just a slave to fashions. The suppression doesn't seem too bad to me because there isn't too much fabric pulling not to the extent I see very often (I'm sure you know what I mean).

Also it definitely doesn't look that huge from the back normally I'll take a picture with the long view to show the silhouette. Maybe it is a huge drop but it doesn't feel too much to me at all.

I do plan on getting a mix of pagoda and natural shoulders for my next suits though.

I may very well try Baroman out. Is that price for 3pc cmt?

Finally to the poster who had a moda suit, would you be so kind to post pictures? In very interested in getting suits from them and is like to see pictures. I would really appreciate it.

I might stick to SS otherwise.

isolation, i took some photo with my moda 3 pieces suit which can share with you later. Moda cutting is fair but not the best. few years ago they just provide fused suit, and theu do not have CMT and their price is not reasonable nowadays. as a result, I will use another tailor.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Few years ago? I thought they are a new company. You're talking about moda republic right? They do CMT now and fully canvassed suits.

Kenny Lo

Reaction score

Few years ago? I thought they are a new company. You're talking about moda republic right? They do CMT now and fully canvassed suits.

they are not new, around 5~6 years already
i got a suit from them last christmas and they said no CMT and i told them not to do fused suit, but finally they made a fused one. i don't know the craftsmanship of full canvassed suit. the most important thing that is they mark up the suit high for mid range tailor

Last edited:

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What price are you being offered? Perhaps they've had structural change? They offered me 2250 + 750 for 2pc and vest CMT.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay took some photos from farther away in different pose. I'm sorry about the bad photos I'm pretty new to taking pictures of suits, can you let me know which ones/poses are clearest so I know in the future? Thanks.

There's some fabric folding on the chan black suit's divots (when I raise my arms mostly, but also some when I am standing normally), is it a normal amount or are the shoulders too wide? Perhaps my body changed since I got the suits...? It's only been less than a year though and I haven't changed my workout much.

As for my lopsided shoulder I think it doesn't show much when I am not posing straight like this my partner hasn't noticed it at all until they looked at the photos, idk. Maybe it's only when I intentionally stand straight that it shows and usually I balance it out? idk.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did in the second chan picture but it doesn't seem very clear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads