1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. RogerC

RogerC Senior member

Once Peter has your pattern down, you can easily place follow-up orders. You can either send him fabric or ask him for swatches. I've done this before and not been disappointed.

2. orca2

orca2 Member

Great to know u have good time with Peter Lee. Actually I have also made a deposite with him and going to start make a 2 piece suit with him.

I around 10 shirts from AC and buy suit from TCNY (I also have a entry level black suit and my wedding tux made by AC). For shirt, I think AC really is the best in town just it is a bit pricy.

For suit, I am going to give Peter Lee a try since many SF member "Like" the service and craftmanship. But since this is the fist time dealing with Peter, I told them I will bring one of my suit over for modeling and make sure nothing goes wrong.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  3. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

any idea what peter charges for an overcoat?

4. Verona

Verona New Member

I am looking to make a number of tuxes for groomsmen and was looking around the $200 budget. Anyone know of anything half decent?

Not lasting for more than a few years is more than acceptable since it's really just for a wedding.

5. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

I think the fabric may cost that much on its own.

6. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

At that price I'd honestly try Joseph A. Banks. I ended up doing that with seersucker suits for my groomsmen.

7. Verona

Verona New Member

Problem is the groomsmen are from Hong Kong.

8. AndyDrama

AndyDrama New Member

Has anyone used a tailor in Shenzen by the name of Adah/Ada?

In the main centre i believe, cheaper suits but still holds a high quality...

thanks

9. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

No but the other thread seems to indicate you should try Wang in Hong Kong.

10. orca2

orca2 Member

I have used tailor in SZ before and my advice is don't go. However, since you have budget constrain, I think SZ is not a bad choice but rememebr to avoid those tailor inside the SZ train station building.

11. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

The train station is an adventure all in itself

12. orca2

orca2 Member

Yes. And if you don't have someone to take you there, it is really note recommended since it is like a maze inside.

13. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

And plenty of hustlers

14. eskayo

eskayo Member

How did your final product turn out? I'll be in HK on Thursday and plan to stop by Peter Lee then.

15. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

Btw anyone have an opinion on Edward Tam?

16. dbc

dbc Senior member

17. orca2

orca2 Member

I heard that for sport coat is aroound HKD 3~4000 based on the fabric u choice. For Over coat, I think it should charge more than 5000 for sure.

I have finished 1st fitting last week and will have the second fitting next week. I picked a royal blue fabric which cost HKD 5000 for full canvassed 2 button suit. Will try to take some pictures in my 2 second fitting and share with u guys.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  18. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

This might be really absurd, but I am contemplating getting Chinos made by a Chinese/Hong Kong based tailor, because I cant find decent ones here in Germany, especially in more colors than just the regular ones.

Has anyone any recommendations for smallish tailors that would do this kind of work?

19. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

^ Peter Lee as discussed in this thread. If you send him a pair of trousers that fir you well you can mention any small adjustments to him which he will fix. Good luck!

20. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Thanks, then I will contact him and ask him about it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011