• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Mirador / HKSAR Baotou can easily beat so-called famous tailors:

Thank you for showing us sample product from a Japanese bespoke tailor, the best tailoring land in Asia!

I am sure I made the right choice, I go baotou in Mirador for better products.

Last edited:

Haagendazs

Reaction score
Retracted for being a dumbass like peking for once and took it at face value.
Some of my arguments apply towards pekingroad too but it's best not to give this man any time he doesn't deserve

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I thought long and hard whether to reply to this nonsense but I think someone need to call you out for this.

With all due respect to peking Road, his preference and his personality is well known enough so I think people will make their informed judgement on this. But you, supposedly have much more experience and also had a blog disseminating information on sartorial world, the fact you cherry pick one product and write down the whole nations tailor is nothing short of disgusting.

No one's gonna deny a tailor will F up once in a while. That happens. We are supposed to look at the average of the products they made and how high the ceiling was. You're literally picking the worst we've seen in a while (coccinella isn't even close to the best ones, contrary to what you've said), and say that baotous product can best them all. This is so misleading and coming from someone I once respected for all the shirting knowledge, its incredibly disappointing how you skewed the narrative.

You're right to call out this cocci stuff as an absolute abomination, but using this to say baotou can easily beat the best tailors? It's OK if you prefer your baotous like peking Road, but don't use your misinformation and bias and harm those who does not know.

Edit: maybe you're joking with that remark, it'll make much more sense than this i guess

new account, you are not an authority to prohibit others from telling the truth. We tell what we think, and we don't need to make you happy. We don't care if you are disappointing of what we think. In the opposite direction, someone need to call you out for this:

1) shirtingfantasy, me, and many baotou customers are happy baotou customers. We have been to bespoke tailor shops and baotou, we prefer to go baotou, we know we have been to the right places for the right products. We know our value, we spend our money wisely. We spend time to buy the right fabrics and search the right baotou tailors, we can by-pass most of the middlemen. You don't like baotou, then, don't go baotou. We like baotou, we go baotou. Do we have a choice? Are you an authority to stop us from making a free choice?

shirtingfantasy has been a baotou customer, longer time than me.

2) Someone else have been to the wrong places for bad products, e.g. went to tailors of British cut for Italian cut, why complain Chinese restaurants for Italian pasta? your nonsense ideas partly come from this kind of mistakes.

3) #1,734 and #1,738 are real examples baotou survive for over 5 decades, they are a part of Globalization. This is no joke tailors/designers/corporations relying on baotou! This is not about whether you accept the fact or not, this is the reality of the other part of the world. We see people from tailor shops trying to protect the interest of tailor shops, they try everything to stop people from going someplaces else. Consumers are free to choose, we don't need to protect the interest of tailor shops. We know the personality of sale people from the tailor shops, we don't buy them. The funny part is sales people from tailor shops also go baotou for good suits to save money, but they don't want consumers to go baotou as this is damaging tailor shops business.

Don't use your misinformation and bias and harm those who do not know.

To answer all your nonsense in the simplest way:
We go to the right places for the right products, that's why we go Baotou! We pick whatever we prefer, we spend wisely.

My preference and personality is well known enough, this is baotou customers judgement:
For years, many many people from around the world have said thank you to me for my blog(s), and all my descriptions about baotou and fabric sourcing. That leads them to the new world of baotou.

Last edited:

Haagendazs

Reaction score
new account, you are not an authority to prohibit others from telling the truth. We tell what we think, and we don't need to make you happy. We don't care if you are disappointing of what we think. In the opposite direction, someone need to call you out for this:

1) shirtingfantasy, me, and many baotou customers are happy baotou customers. We have been to bespoke tailor shops and baotou, we prefer to go baotou, we know we have been to the right places for the right products. We know our value, we spend our money wisely. We spend time to buy the right fabrics and search the right baotou tailors, we can by-pass most of the middlemen. You don't like baotou, then, don't go baotou. We like baotou, we go baotou. Do we have a choice? Are you an authority to stop us from making a free choice?

shirtingfantasy has been a baotou customer, longer time than me.

2) Someone else have been to the wrong places for bad products, e.g. went to tailors of British cut for Italian cut, why complain Chinese restaurants for Italian pasta? your nonsense ideas partly come from this kind of mistakes.

3) #1,734 and #1,738 are real examples baotou survive for over 5 decades, they are a part of Globalization. This is no joke tailors/designers/corporations relying on baotou! This is not about whether you accept the fact or not, this is the reality of the other part of the world. We see people from tailor shops trying to protect the interest of tailor shops, they try everything to stop people from going someplaces else. Consumers are free to choose, we don't need to protect the interest of tailor shops. We know the personality of sale people from the tailor shops, we don't buy them. The funny part is sales people from tailor shops also go baotou for good suits to save money, but they don't want consumers to go baotou as this is damaging tailor shops business.

Don't use your misinformation and bias and harm those who do not know.

To answer all your nonsense in the simplest way:
We go to the right places for the right products, that's why we go Baotou! We pick whatever we prefer, we spend wisely.

My preference and personality is well known enough, this is baotou customers judgement:
For years, many many people from around the world have said thank you to me for my blog(s), and all my descriptions about baotou and fabric sourcing. That leads them to the new world of baotou.

The only thing I agree is that we are free to choose whatever we want. Of course I agree with this. Hell, ignorance is bliss and if you're so oblivious to what the outside world offers then all the power to you. I'm not denying YOU to use those baotous
Everything else you said is ******* bullshit and I can't be arsed to reason with you

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
You didn't know!?
"In the beginning baotous made the British cut and the Italian cut." (Genesuits 1:1)

You got no more to say, therefore, you need to call more of your supporters to come. They are too weak, and they can't make too much noise.

You still want to make all your nonsense! There are too many baotou, good and bad. Some do British cut, some so Italian cut, and many do HK cut. What is HK cut? A baotou of HK cut explained to me, he makes suits of well fine fitted, he does not make British cut or Italian cut, he calls that HK cut.

Jmr928 #1,667 explained to you, that's a good one. You still don't get it:
"There’s a misunderstanding that something can be made Italian or British by adding options off a menu."
"Italian tailoring has a certain spirit to it and flow. It’s not so simple as just saying make the shoulders unstructured or adding a Milanese buttonhole."

You still don't know your Suzhou factory does not make Italian cut? You still think they can make British cut and Italian cut? That's not Italian cut for sure.

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
The only thing I agree is that we are free to choose whatever we want. Of course I agree with this. Hell, ignorance is bliss and if you're so oblivious to what the outside world offers then all the power to you. I'm not denying YOU to use those baotous
Everything else you said is ******* bullshit and I can't be arsed to reason with you

You mean the world is wrong and you are right? Your outside world is another part of the world. No one can help you when you don't see the reality:
#1,744 they are a part of Globalization.

This thread is about baotou. You have been to the wrong place! In the opposite direction, your bullshit does not make sense at all. You don't like baotou, this is not our concern. We know we make the smart choice to go baotou, we are happy baotou customers.

Last edited:

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
Thread rule 1: Thou shalt not put to the test the one who is already challenged.
Thread rule 2: Thy tricks shalt never work. Baotous prefail.
Thread rule 3: Thou shalt gather suit-cladded fanatics to challenge the Peke.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Thread rule 1: Thou shalt not put to the test the one who is already challenged.
Thread rule 2: Thy tricks shalt never work. Baotous prefail.
Thread rule 3: Thou shalt gather suit-cladded fanatics to challenge the Peke.

No wonder why my last post saves you replying me after 1am, really makes your life worth living caring for hijacking your hijacks. Your supporters are too weak, you need to call more of your supporters to come.

We are baotou consumers, we don't choose the same as you do. This is not a crime, this is our choice. This is not about challenge, you can't force others to choose the same as you do. We are very happy baotou consumers, we don't care you like it or not. The more you keep continue your bullshit, the more people support baotou. A famous baotou told me yesterday, he is full, he has already rejected new orders for delivery 2022.

You have been to the wrong places for Italian cut, you can't blame others for your mistakes. Not sure if you can get it. When you see this kind of shoulders, that does not mean this is Italian cut:
not Italian.jpg

Last edited:

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
No wonder why my last post saves you replying me after 1am, really makes your life worth living caring for hijacking your hijacks. Your supporters are too weak, you need to call more of your supporters to come.

We are baotou consumers, we don't choose the same as you do. This is not a crime, this is our choice. This is not about challenge, you can't force others to choose the same as you do. We are very happy baotou consumers, we don't care you like it or not. The more you keep continue your bullshit, the more people support baotou. A famous baotou told me yesterday, he is full, he has already rejected new orders for delivery 2022.

You have been to the wrong places for Italian cut, you can't blame others for your mistakes. Not sure if you can get it. When you see this kind of shoulders, that does not mean this is Italian cut:
View attachment 1862601
Y'all: it's time for the Row to repent for not embracing spalla camicia (which sifus know the spelling of and typed it on their IG. Oh wait no, not SY, not Peter Lee, just Ng the Asian Brit)

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I thought long and hard whether to reply to this nonsense but I think someone need to call you out for this.

With all due respect to peking Road, his preference and his personality is well known enough so I think people will make their informed judgement on this. But you, supposedly have much more experience and also had a blog disseminating information on sartorial world, the fact you cherry pick one product and write down the whole nations tailor is nothing short of disgusting.

No one's gonna deny a tailor will F up once in a while. That happens. We are supposed to look at the average of the products they made and how high the ceiling was. You're literally picking the worst we've seen in a while (coccinella isn't even close to the best ones, contrary to what you've said), and say that baotous product can best them all. This is so misleading and coming from someone I once respected for all the shirting knowledge, its incredibly disappointing how you skewed the narrative.

You're right to call out this cocci stuff as an absolute abomination, but using this to say baotou can easily beat the best tailors? It's OK if you prefer your baotous like peking Road, but don't use your misinformation and bias and harm those who does not know.

Edit: maybe you're joking with that remark, it'll make much more sense than this i guess

Of course I was joking. It just seems funny it appeared on their official Instagram.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Mirador / HKSAR Baotou tailors can beat famous tailors? Like Corcos? 😮

My statement, without examples, can be subjectively correct. 😏

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Y'all: it's time for the Row to repent for not embracing spalla camicia (which sifus know the spelling of and typed it on their IG. Oh wait no, not SY, not Peter Lee, just Ng the Asian Brit)

Jmr928 #1,667 explained about your misunderstanding, don't blame Ng, this is your wrong expectation, you still don't get it:
"There’s a misunderstanding that something can be made Italian or British by adding options off a menu."
"Italian tailoring has a certain spirit to it and flow. It’s not so simple as just saying make the shoulders unstructured or adding a Milanese buttonhole."

Many sifu offer various options, that does not mean they make Italian cut. You expected Italian cut from your Suzhou factory, it's not Italian cut. It's not baotou, tailor shops or factories, it's your misunderstanding about Italian cut.

Ng does not make Italian cut. You expect Italian cut, you asked for a few options, you still can't expect Italian cut from a few options. This is your wrong expectation! This is not Italian cut with or without milanese buttonhole, you have been to the wrong places for Italian cut.

Last edited:

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
Meh. Of course sifus are better than the tailor shops they like and are capable of taking similar-style selfies. Their basting styles are "just coincidentally similar".
Screenshot_20221201-083152_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221201-083028_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221201-083204_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221201-083119_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221201-083255_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221201-083316_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20221201-084237_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20221201_084223.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads