• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
Ng sifu made my suits, he will do alterations and charges for suits he made only. he did a good job for me , the charge is reasonable for me. Jane makes minor alterations only. I think a few experienced Mirador sifu who do alterations for bespoke will tell you to make a new one as they will say it will cost more than making a new one, for your case.

you better ask your Suzhou factory who made your jacket.

did you have your tailor friends who taught Mirador sifu how to do tailoring? you got a few tailor shops complaining Ng sifu, and they make alterations for your red jacket, are they experienced to make alterations for your jacket? did they complain your Suzhou tailor about your fallen shoulders?
Can I pull a prodigal son and just return to his highness for fixed sleeves and higher armholes? Thanks for reminding me about the red jacket, which he uh... his workshop made 🙏🏼

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Can I pull a prodigal son and just return to his highness for fixed sleeves and higher armholes? Thanks for reminding me about the red jacket, which he uh... his workshop made 🙏🏼
you still want to repeat your cheap trick again?

i don't see any problem of your red jacket Ng made for you. The sleeves was perfect, until you made a mess to the sleeves of your own jacket. photo proved, you forgot "before and after" comparison?

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i don't see any problem of your red jacket Ng made for you. The sleeves was perfect, until you made a mess to the sleeves of your own jacket. photo proved, you forgot "before and after" comparison?
He showed a photo with his arms in relaxed position and the sleeves looked really messed up. The sleeves weren’t done well. This we can all agree wasn’t a cheap trick.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
He showed a photo with his arms in relaxed position and the sleeves looked really messed up. The sleeves weren’t done well. This we can all agree wasn’t a cheap trick.
before the owner picked up the jacket, the sleeves looks perfect. the photo shows no mess.
he showed you a photo of his jacket after he picked up, the mess was there.

"before and after" comparison proved. we all agreed this is a cheap trick.

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score

Ng sifu for Italian cut? Wong SY sifu for British cut?
FB_IMG_1669465136870.jpg

🤔
Ng sifu not for Italian cut but Ng for spalla camicia? What was he thinking?

From my first post on that dreadful red jacket onwards my comments and details about me as a person have been twisted and misinterpreted. I've been putting up with this, and I find the immorality pitiful.

Like, just admit he made a mistake, have him own it up, and let someone go happy. The cutter has been paid for it; if they're not happy with the pay, they can charge more and provide better work and follow-up. Bet they just wouldn't want to.

I've come across complaints for Ng's mood swings and sleeve issues alone, both second and first-hand experiences included. Not new to them, thought I'd be the lucky one, paid for it, still wronged now.

I'm too good for a discussion that only serves to show me that someone is obstinate, only knows how to copy and twist words for their own advantage, and cannot get out of the cave in which they cannot and won't make mistakes (seems ghastly afraid of having to get out of it too). I like won't see you on your discuss.com.hk promotion thread or fb ig pages for SY Wong, Peter Lee sifu (NOT Lee Baron), and Ng, whose every single post you've liked across the platforms. I hope you find comfort in that bubble and stay in it, but just don't crumble so much when people come at you.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
View attachment 1861059
🤔
Ng sifu not for Italian cut but Ng for spalla camicia? What was he thinking?

From my first post on that dreadful red jacket onwards my comments and details about me as a person have been twisted and misinterpreted. I've been putting up with this, and I find the immorality pitiful.

Like, just admit he made a mistake, have him own it up, and let someone go happy. The cutter has been paid for it; if they're not happy with the pay, they can charge more and provide better work and follow-up. Bet they just wouldn't want to.

I've come across complaints for Ng's mood swings and sleeve issues alone, both second and first-hand experiences included. Not new to them, thought I'd be the lucky one, paid for it, still wronged now.

I'm too good for a discussion that only serves to show me that someone is obstinate, only knows how to copy and twist words for their own advantage, and cannot get out of the cave in which they cannot and won't make mistakes (seems ghastly afraid of having to get out of it too). I like won't see you on your discuss.com.hk promotion thread or fb ig pages for SY Wong, Peter Lee sifu (NOT Lee Baron), and Ng, whose every single post you've liked across the platforms. I hope you find comfort in that bubble and stay in it, but just don't crumble so much when people come at you.

you are still making the same mistakes, that's not Italian cut.

Jmr928 #1,667 explained to you, that's a good one. you still don't get it:
"There’s a misunderstanding that something can be made Italian or British by adding options off a menu."
"Italian tailoring has a certain spirit to it and flow. It’s not so simple as just saying make the shoulders unstructured or adding a Milanese buttonhole."

you want Italian cut, you go to tailors that do Italian cut for you. you have been to the wrong places, why complain Chinese restaurants for Italian pasta?

I have tried bespoke tailor shops, ordinary tailor shops, a number of baotou in Mirador. there are too many that I can never try, and I cannot make comments to all tailor shops and baotou. they all have different stories and different problems. I say I am happy with Ng sifu British cut and Wong SY sifu Italian cut. I feel the best with British cut on my body, as my body fits the best with British cut. There are good and bad everywhere world-wide, I cannot make comments to all that make you happy. you are repeating the same issues again and again. this is the same answer: There is no single baotou or tailor shop that can serve all kinds of consumers, everyone has different taste and needs, we pick whatever we prefer.

you make cheap tricks, all failed. After all, you don't know what you want, you don't know where to go.

Last edited:

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just found it. I was looking at some of his works, he also doesn’t really have a great Italian cut so to speak. Quarters are very straight and close instead of swooping and open. Also looks heavy set instead of lightweight free flowing. Any more recent works of his anyone can show?

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I just found it. I was looking at some of his works, he also doesn’t really have a great Italian cut so to speak. Quarters are very straight and close instead of swooping and open. Also looks heavy set instead of lightweight free flowing. Any more recent works of his anyone can show?
all baotou and tailors show what they want to show, you go ask them. a number of old sifu can take photos with their cell phones and they can upload photos to their webs.

you don't like his works, then, don't go to him. very simple, we pick whatever we prefer.

I showed the suit Wong SY sifu made for me #1,335
you #1,336: Nice! Which sifu???

Last edited:

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all baotou and tailors show what they want to show, you go ask them. a number of old sifu can take photos with their cell phones and they can upload photos to their webs.

you don't like his works, then, don't go to him. very simple, we pick whatever we prefer.

I showed the suit Wong SY sifu made for me #1,335
you #1,336: Nice! Which sifu???
I am referring to the photos on his Google Drive. Maybe some of his customers asked for such closed quarters? I don’t know. Also I don’t have a photographic memory of each sifu suits. I’ll check out the 1336 post again. But I’d like to see more of his works. Kind of defeats purpose of having an instagram if you ask me…

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a big part of the misunderstandings going on are by referring to things as “Italian” or “British” which is impossible to define. Which type of Italian? Neapolitan? Modern Neapolitan or traditional? Florentine? Milanese? Roman? You’re often left with a hodgepodge of various things slapped together if you don’t have a defined style in mind. All of these are “Italian” but none are the same. Can a factory, SiFu or customer pick and choose various components and put them together? Certainly. But it loses some of what makes it “Italian” and looks more generic.

Wong SY’s best work in my eyes is his mostly Milanese style coat featuring either a short front dart or an undarted front. Slightly more closed quarters, a slightly more pronounced but very clean shoulder than a Neapolitan cut.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Orazio is a fairly middle of the road Neapolitan style if that’s what you’re after. Everything is fairly middle of the road and not too extreme.
3CA0C261-BB1F-4095-8E8B-DAD51338B841.jpeg

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although given you are after Neapolitan, seem to have a specific cut in mind and have to travel to HK to make an order I would ask why not just go to Naples instead? Wouldn’t that make more sense?
I live in Tokyo and have friends who live in HK and often fly there for work meetings (much much more before pandemic but nonetheless still able to get to HK in the future). Also the whole chasing Baotou and CmT trade is kind of an adventure on its own! I really don’t need any more suits but would like to try and experiment around since all my suits are ‘British inspired” and I’m lucky my weight hasn’t fluctuated around much if at all. Since I’ve also had some good experiences with some Baotou, I feel like I can continue to give them my business. Maybe I’ll explore and find some other Baotou for the Italian inspired tailoring I’m looking for.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics