• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score

Direct from my wardrobe without ironing for years, I passed this 2 suits to Ng to make alterations when he got time, I asked him to take these 2 photos and post them to his webs.

This mid grey fresco suit on my 200lbs body looks perfect, but doesnt' look too good on a small size wood model, and without ironing for years:
screenshot_20221001-111134_instagram-jpg.1838553

This dugdale bro. suit on my 200lbs body looks perfect, but doesnt' look too good on a small size wood model, and without ironing for years:
screenshot_20221001-111116_instagram-jpg.1838552

That proved you don't know a wrong size model and without ironing will make things looking different. sleeves? No!

The above 2 jackets are mine, made by Ng sifu sometime ago, I was 200 lbs. both don't look too good on a small wood model, but the sleeves on my body was perfect when I was 200lbs. After losing 40 lbs, I asked Ng to make the below suit for me. I am now 150lbs, this suit is now abit oversize on me. The same wood model holding another suit of different size, looking different:
3pcs.jpg

what more can you say? you don't know mannequin model of wrong size and without ironing will turn things looking different? It's not how many lbs, it's wrong size and ironing. wrinkles and fold also cause things looking different.this is simple common sense.

You have been repeating failed tricks again and again, bad jokes!

Last edited:

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
The two of you should meet in person.
Yeah I want to relearn everything about menswear through Peke and prove to the world that these sifus are better than the Rubinaccis and Liveranos and whoever at just 2-3k
(EDIT: I'd see if I can end this back-and-forth sometime. Sorry for dragging it on for 15 pages.
EDIT 2: SY Wong makes nice pants -- good bang for buck.)

Last edited:

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
this mid grey fresco suit on my 200lbs body looks perfect, but dont' look too good on a small wood size model:
screenshot_20221001-111134_instagram-jpg.1838553

That proved you don't know a wrong size model will make things looking different. Big jackets on a small wood model!

The above 2 jackets are mine when I was 200 lbs made by Ng sifu sometime ago, both don't look too good on a small wood model, but the sleeves on my body was perfect when I was 200lbs. After losing 40 lbs, I asked Ng to make the below suit for me. I am now 150lbs, this suit is now abit oversize on me. The same wood model holding another suit of different size, looking different:
View attachment 1838568

what more can you say? you don't know mannequin model of wrong size will turn things looking different? this is simple common sense. You have been repeating failed tricks again and again, bad jokes!
Sorry dude. Didn't know the 5lb I lost would make my sleeves twisted😢 I've just not seen that from other photos online that show that... Maybe you can inspire me

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
I have in fact asked four different people what they think about the coat: two friends who are tailors trained by legendary Tailor Yau, a sifu based on the island side of HK, and an owner of a Vietnamese tailor shop. All pointed out the problem: the sleeves.

I have a jacket made by one of them and will have it put on the same mannequin soon to attempt to show that the mannequin did not cause the issues.

Or, if necessary, a few mannequins.

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
I have in fact asked four different people what they think about the coat: two friends who are tailors trained by legendary Tailor Yau, a sifu based on the island side of HK, and an owner of a Vietnamese tailor shop. All pointed out the problem: the sleeves.

I have a jacket made by one of them and will have it put on the same mannequin soon to attempt to show that the mannequin did not cause the issues.

Or, if necessary, a few mannequins.

I don't see any problem for your sleeves in all angles:
a.jpg

b.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

too easy to see you set up a different sleeves look, your trick failed! no one is stupid here. whatever tailors you want to say, doesn't matter how your future sleeves looks, photos in this post proved your set up sleeves. they got different sleeves look before and after you picked up your jacket:
img-20220929-wa0027-jpg.1838214

Photo examples of #1577 proved the wrong size model and ironing problem!
This post proved wrinkles and fold that you set up caused things looking different.

What's the point to repeat your same old mistakes? Your bad jokes of sleeves failed again!

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Sorry dude. Didn't know the 5lb I lost would make my sleeves twisted😢 I've just not seen that from other photos online that show that... Maybe you can inspire me

try some tricks with higher class next time!

before you picked up your jacket, this is your sleeves:

a-jpg.1838634

after you picked your jacket, this is your sleeves:

you still think people cannot see your set up tricks?

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
try some tricks with higher class next time!

a-jpg.1838634

you still think people cannot see your set up tricks?
I don't see any problem for your sleeves in all angles:
View attachment 1838634
View attachment 1838635
View attachment 1838642
View attachment 1838643

too easy to see you set up a different sleeves look, your trick failed! no one is stupid here. whatever tailors you want to say, doesn't matter how your future sleeves looks, photos in this post proved your set up sleeves. they got different sleeves look before and after you picked up your jacket:

Photo examples of #1577 proved the wrong size model and ironing problem!
This post proved wrinkles and fold that you set up caused things looking different.

What's the point to repeat your same old mistakes? Your bad jokes of sleeves failed again!
Yeah I still think people can't see that I'm tricking them🤪 I'm willing to go as far as putting the jackets on mannequins and myself (more dead than those dead wood models) to trick the masses👍🏼

But you're right I needa go tell Mr. Yau Fook Hing (I think you have his name on your Medium Blogspot and whatever) that his students went out to trick customers like me.

And in fact... more tricks:
Screenshot_20221001-200404_Instagram.jpg

20221001_202147.jpg
20221001_203250.jpg

^TYPO: “than” and “Sartoria Corcos”. Sorry🙏🏼 I obviously know nothing
20221002_093923.jpg

^That did not happen in the week of 26 September, 2022 HK Time.🙏🏼

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Yeah I still think people can't see that I'm tricking them🤪 I'm willing to go as far as putting the jackets on mannequins and myself (more dead than those dead wood models) to trick the masses👍🏼

But you're right I needa go tell Mr. Yau Fook Hing (I think you have his name on your Medium Blogspot and whatever) that his students went out to trick customers like me.

And in fact... more tricks:
View attachment 1838828
View attachment 1838829 View attachment 1838830
^TYPO: “than” and “Sartoria Corcos”. Sorry🙏🏼 I obviously know nothing
View attachment 1838845
^That did not happen in the week of 26 September, 2022 HK Time.🙏🏼
Baotou customers are not stupid. We know what to pick!
We all see sales people intention. This "before and after" presentation is clear enough!
You are repeating your set up wrinkles and fold tricks.
It's funny to see you have spent a few HK$k for your jacket for this trick!

a-jpg.1838634

Last edited:

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
Baotou customers are not stupid. We know what to pick!
We all see sales people intention. This "before and after" presentation is clear enough!
You are just repeating your set up wrinkles and fold tricks.

a-jpg.1838634

As long as you're happy with my coat.🥰
Ng should have been by royalty really -- those UK US Italian and French tailors ain't got nothin' on him. You'd want to be his spokesperson too🥰 Remember to like all his works on FB and IG as you do now.

One more thing to do though: go accuse Savile Row shops of using mannequins, camera angles and whatever to make their items look so different.

And remind them that as far as Ng, you don't see anything problem. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.😚

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
As long as you're happy with my coat.🥰
Ng should have been by royalty really -- those UK US Italian and French tailors ain't got nothin' on him. You'd want to be his spokesperson too🥰 Remember to like all his works on FB and IG as you do now.

One more thing to do though: go accuse Savile Row shops of using mannequins, camera angles and whatever to make their items look so different.

And remind them that as far as Ng, you don't see anything problem. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.😚
you are reminding baotou consumers about your set up.
baotou consumers are smart enough !

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
you are reminding baotou consumers about your set up.
baotou consumers are smart enough !
Yeah I'm reminding them to just go to Ng too

I hope I make you happier by getting people to go to Ng too so more photos and likes can go online 😄

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
You like my coat. You're very smart. But I'm a loser🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️ sorry for making you like a lover's coat🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
I'm wondering where the costs go too. Just very random guesses:

(RMB:HKD ~ 1.2 to 1)

My sport coat: 2.6K HKD (one fitting included)

Cutting / labor - unknown
Sewing - 200-500 RMB? (I heard top-grade sewers in southern China charge 500RMB to sew coats, so jackets might be cheaper. Dunno about those workshops up north though but they're likely more expensive)
Shipping - under 100RMB one way
Rent and utilities - unknown
Basting (if done at Mirador, like mine, as Ng told me; one-off): presumably no more than 200HKD probably but rates depend on how well-basted you want the item to be. Basting can take less than 2 hours or more than a whole day.

If anything, you might see it's not profitable to have more than one fitting. Big errors mean you have to have the unfinished product resewn, and if they stem from errors in cutting, especially if around the neck, things can be unsalvageable.

This is also why, and I am making this up, some sifus leave the sleeve cutting to Chinese workshops (more cost?).

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
What that Vietnamese owner wrote:
IMG_20221002_114053_009.jpg

Screenshot_20221002-114248_Instagram.jpg

(I've scribbled out words that have to do with his business, such as the name of his brand and comments on his products)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads