• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
@shirtingfantasy

tell 2. Uncle Patina to update his phone number in his IG. any more fabric suppliers and baotou to suggest to HK consumers? I will update all in my blog in one time.

Last edited:

Warrant_Buffet

Reaction score
@PekingRoadHK,

Just wondering if you have the contacts of Mao sifu and Cao sifu; I'm trying to get a hold of them (was trying to PM you but failed)... or are they even active anymore?

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
@shirtingfantasy

16) leather shoes
Shoes care:

@Warrant_Buffet

due to coronavirus, travelling between HK and Shenzhen is not easy.
Mao sifu's partner who takes care of high grade suit making is now working in their Shenzhen workshop. Cao sifu is now working in Shenzhen. Both sifu are not available for the moment. Not sure when they will come back.

My blog shows 2 hk sifu who used to work for very expensive bespoke in IFC. They were in house cutters for the bespoke in IFC. Both are now working in Mirador. One of them said he always makes suits for over HK$100k / HK$150k (IFC price). will check if he wants to make Safari Jacket.

Last edited:

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@shirtingfantasy

16) leather shoes
Shoes care:

@Warrant_Buffet

due to coronavirus, travelling between HK and Shenzhen is not easy.
Mao sifu's partner who takes care of high grade suit making is now working in their Shenzhen workshop. Cao sifu is now working in Shenzhen. Both sifu are not available for the moment. Not sure when they will come back.

My blog shows 2 hk sifu who used to work for very expensive bespoke in IFC. They were in house cutter for the bespoke in IFC. Both are now working in Mirador. One of them said he always make suits for over HK$100k / HK$150k (IFC price). will check if he wants to make Safari Jacket.
who were the tailors and whats your blog?

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
who were the tailors and whats your blog?

they have a bottom line, they don't disclose this info to the public. when consumers talk to them in person, they tell their customers.

you made a post in the same page 63, and you didn't see #934 about the blog?

Last edited:

MenWithStyl3

Reaction score
Are there any significant differences in terms of quality between the most famous leather garment workshops (e.g.富箂皮樓工場/Kam Ma Leather Garments Workshop/馬可皮樓工場 workshop)?

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Are there any significant differences in terms of quality between the most famous leather garment workshops (e.g.富箂皮樓工場/Kam Ma Leather Garments Workshop/馬可皮樓工場 workshop)?

differences:
1) price
2) materials used (zippers, lining)
3) cutting
4) details Vs basic

Free Style

Reaction score
I visited Wong SY sifu today to order a few trousers. I gave a look at a few of the jackets there, see pics attached.

The ones I gave a closer look at, had a style close to "neapolitan" I'd say, with very light construction, unpadded shoulders, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20200821_234833.jpg
    IMG_20200821_234833.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20200821_234819.jpg
    IMG_20200821_234819.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20200821_234759.jpg
    IMG_20200821_234759.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Petey

Reaction score
Hi Chri.89. That looks very good. Did you by any chance get to look at it in more detail? Half lining?

hippotamus

Reaction score
Very nice brown jacket from Master Wong

@Petey I am sure Master Wong can go with full, half or self lining.

I went to his workshop 2-3 weeks ago and saw quite a wide range of garments, have a look at his workshop and you should know more about his ability.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads