• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

Stanacle

Reaction score
Ng Sifu turned the fabrics into this beautiful full canvas structured jacket. People on the street will truly turn their heads for it.

The only thing is that I found out the next day that the jacket doesn't seem to have any pick stitching (or it's too subtle till I can't see it). You guys maybe the judge for it.

DSC02319.JPG
DSC02317.JPG
DSC02316.JPG

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks amazing. Ng Sifu and his SZ team as always are magicians.

Correct, I don't see pick stitching but maybe it is too subtle. Anyway, enjoy and wear it in good health!

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
@dygital

1) You can contact your jacket baotou directly.

2) All shirt baotou can make polo shirts, it's easier than making a short sleeve shirt. You need to ask your baotou or fabric supplier where to get your fabric.

I have long sleeve shirts and short sleeve shirts custom made by Mirador baotou. Instead of making polo shirts, I suggest linen shirts for the Summer. I feel better with Summer linen than polo cotton in the hot Summer time.

Last edited:

dygital

Reaction score
@Stanacle I've had 2 suits made from Ng and they both have pick stitching. Can someone else chime in whether its done by hand or machine? (The below photos are the same jacket - the linen i posted about above, just different lighting)
IMG_5839.jpg
IMG_5840.jpg

@PekingRoadHK I don't think my shirt baotou does polos... (Wong MH), but i'll go ask him next time I see him. I have several linen shirts but wanted to experiment with a long sleeved polo such as the one from permanent style...

on an unrelated note, for anyone wanting to do a safari jacket in cotton/linen, Kam Ma got back to me and said it would be in the 3.8K range for CMT

Stanacle

Reaction score
@Stanacle I've had 2 suits made from Ng and they both have pick stitching. Can someone else chime in whether its done by hand or machine? (The below photos are the same jacket - the linen i posted about above, just different lighting)
View attachment 1429805 View attachment 1429806

@PekingRoadHK I don't think my shirt baotou does polos... (Wong MH), but i'll go ask him next time I see him. I have several linen shirts but wanted to experiment with a long sleeved polo such as the one from permanent style...

on an unrelated note, for anyone wanting to do a safari jacket in cotton/linen, Kam Ma got back to me and said it would be in the 3.8K range for CMT

Thanks dygital. Ng sifu confirmed there's pick stitching. It's not so visible because of the texture of the fabrics (perhaps i'll ask him to use thicker thread next time for causal jackets).

All my previous suits had pick stitching as well. I believe they were made by hand because there's some slight irregularity amongst them.

@dygital where did you get the linen fabrics for shirts? I want to get some linen shirts to wear with my jacket. I've checked out 海利行 but their linen is too loosely weave for me. The linen from Saviero seems OK from their instagram. It's HK$130 per metre.

1595657236553.png

yace

Reaction score

dygital

Reaction score
@Stanacle I got the linen from Thomas Mason, I believe it was around 350-400hkd per yard.
I've also bought some linen from Acorn Fabrics when they had free shipping, around 300hkd per yard at the current exchange rate

Stanacle

Reaction score
@Stanacle I got the linen from Thomas Mason, I believe it was around 350-400hkd per yard.
I've also bought some linen from Acorn Fabrics when they had free shipping, around 300hkd per yard at the current exchange rate

Thanks Digital. Acorn fabrics has some interesting cotton and linen mix fabrics, but it's like double the price when including the shipping fee

Stanacle

Reaction score
Do you guys know how much per yard for Fresco III in Linking Trading?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
@shirtingfantasy

no shop address and no phone number! this left the least confidence to consumers.
I can update my blog. You tell the owner to leave either shop address or phone number in his FB or IG.

Consumers need to know the service provider is held responsible. Everyone understands high rental cost in HK and the recent retail situation. A phone number is min requirement.

Last edited:

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
@PekingRoadHK I will let him know

This is my pair being polished by him, btw:

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads