• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like i won't be able to get a new suit until next chinese new year at this rate ...

Nara_Deer

Reaction score
Do you have linking And Marzoni email contact? Or only phone number?

You may refer to the "CMT Blog", which covers the phone numbers of major suit fabric distributors in HK. Those are local businesses. Calling and visiting are the best ways for info.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Do

Do you have linking And Marzoni email contact? Or only phone number?
you still didn't get this one? http://suitcmt.blogspot.com/

some buildings are located in alleyways in central and TST, you might need to check the map. I will put more directions in the blog tonight.

Last edited:

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
Long Wear at Railway Plaza. Two of them are under the same company but they hold different stocks. The blog is really helpful on that.
heard from some people, Long wear and Artextile are managed by the same family, they are brothers. they are expanding their market and distributing increasing numbers of fabric brand.

for their market management, each company carries different brands and hold different stocks.

Last edited:

thesupremegrape

Reaction score
Anyone in HK now looking to get a suit made? I currently am but don't speak Cantonese so wanted to see if anyone else is planning on visiting and perhaps we could go together, also advising each other

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score

thesupremegrape

Reaction score
WW Chan is one of the last ones around I believe. They are one of the more expensive options there are.
@PekingRoadHK mentioned on his blog that there are some on the 7th Floor of Mirador Mansion (Master Yeung sifu, Master Lam sifu, Master Hung sifu). Is this still the case?

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
@thesupremegrape

Good and bad BaoTou Tailors (no definition) come and go in Mirador Mansion every year.
I can't update everything all the time.

I heard those Red Gang tailors are still there. They have very good skills, they can make suits in their HK workshops all by themself. You have to expect long production time from uncles. If you choose them to have the production in Shenzhen, this is not Red Gang production. The next concern is they might not understand your modern style, this is about communications.

My blog tells a few (old HK) sifu in and out of Mirador, they all come from expensive well-known bespoke in HK, they prefer NOT to disclose the names in public. You have to talk to them to find out which bespoke they worked for. They are retired in house tailors / BaoTou from bespoke, they were there decades ago. They are not existing BaoTou tailors from well-known bespoke. Do expect long production time (if you choose them to make suits in HK all by themself) and the cutting style might not fit all modern demands. Consumers can look at their end products before making decisions.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads