• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

Stanacle

Reaction score
The summer jacketing fabrics of Caccioppoli costs almost HK$2K per metre, while the e-thomas fabrics I bought from Kwong Hing cost about HK$400/yard. That's a huge price difference!

Have you guys tried Caccioppoli and is it worth the price?

hippotamus

Reaction score
The summer jacketing fabrics of Caccioppoli costs almost HK$2K per metre, while the e-thomas fabrics I bought from Kwong Hing cost about HK$400/yard. That's a huge price difference!

Caccioppoli has high cost mainly because the Hong Kong agent marks it up crazily, same story with Fox.

In my understand, Caccioppoli is a cloth merchant, not mill. Not so sure about E Thomas.

Stanacle

Reaction score
E Thomas is a mill. The cloth they provide to Kwong Hing have different proportions of wool, silk, linen than those ready to wear jackets selling inllll suit supply. Different patterns as well.

Nara_Deer

Reaction score

E Thomas is quite light at around 240gsm, does it holds the shape well?

Stanacle

Reaction score
Bought this beautiful wool linen fabrics today at Long wear for $350 per yard only.

The brand name is Kerry Knoll, woven in Italy.
20200617_200043.jpg
20200617_113935.jpg

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
I think that's Long Wear's private label correct? probably produced by VBC or REDA if sold at that price point? They imply on its website that the fabric is woven in Biella (is that were VBC and REDA are...?)

Anyway, I'm just making some educated guesses here, haha. Nice choice on the fabric BTW.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
@dukenukem4ever

Biella in Italy is like Huddersfield in England. Many mills in Biella and Huddersfield are producing fabrics of different brands exporting to the world.

Inmystyle

Reaction score

Caccioppoli has really nice fabrics, definitely worth the investment . From what I recall they also have a cotton/ linen blend which wrinkles less easily that people love

do you have the contact for Kwong Hing ?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.