• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have many allclads from their factory sale as well. Haven’t noticed any flaws over the years.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bruh,

All-Clad seconds are like AE seconds but even better. Not sure I've ever noticed the flaw, and even then, the flaw is gonna be something you wouldn't notice after the 3rd time washing the pot (I think being out of round or not having a flat base is beyond "2nd quality" for them).

You can put in a fake email address, although if you get on their mailing list they often send pre-sale entry codes with additional % off (and first dibs on the inventory). This sale has been open for a few days, so some items have probably already sold (and there is no bonus discount right now), but there are still some good deals.

I personally think the TK line is some of the best value, although you might have to buy a lid separately (one of my saucepans actually came with a lid, the other did not). I think those lollipop lids are dumb, but you can just order a lid from a different all clad line that actually fits the pot.

The TK handles are better IMHO, and they basically just choose the best line for each pot and give them all a matching finish. So the saucepans are all from the copper core line, the fry pans are from the D5 line, and big stock pots/roasters are from the standard 3-ply stainless line. The Tk 3-qt sauce pot is probably my favorite pan...and $89 isn't a terrible price (way less than you'd have to pay for the same pan from the "copper core" line with that stupid line around the bottom).

Personally, I'm waiting for them to have the flared roaster in stock again...otherwise I am pretty set on pans right now.
Good looking out.
I don’t care what anybody says, AC copper core is the shiznit!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
De Buyer is the real deal.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bruh,

All-Clad seconds are like AE seconds but even better. Not sure I've ever noticed the flaw, and even then, the flaw is gonna be something you wouldn't notice after the 3rd time washing the pot (I think being out of round or not having a flat base is beyond "2nd quality" for them).

You can put in a fake email address, although if you get on their mailing list they often send pre-sale entry codes with additional % off (and first dibs on the inventory). This sale has been open for a few days, so some items have probably already sold (and there is no bonus discount right now), but there are still some good deals.

I personally think the TK line is some of the best value, although you might have to buy a lid separately (one of my saucepans actually came with a lid, the other did not). I think those lollipop lids are dumb, but you can just order a lid from a different all clad line that actually fits the pot.

The TK handles are better IMHO, and they basically just choose the best line for each pot and give them all a matching finish. So the saucepans are all from the copper core line, the fry pans are from the D5 line, and big stock pots/roasters are from the standard 3-ply stainless line. The Tk 3-qt sauce pot is probably my favorite pan...and $89 isn't a terrible price (way less than you'd have to pay for the same pan from the "copper core" line with that stupid line around the bottom).

Personally, I'm waiting for them to have the flared roaster in stock again...otherwise I am pretty set on pans right now.
Thanks for the heads-up on this link! I have a bunch of Calphalon Tri-ply stainless, but I think I'm going to take advantage of this site to fill in some other pieces to round out my collection.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty amazing.

IMG_0493.JPG

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
undersupply, compounding since the last 15 or 20 years. the middle class has become the landed class i guess.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also boomers retiring/downsizing/living longer

This isn't median age of first time homebuyers here (although I fully expect that number to have risen as well)

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The average age of Americans is going up too, which plays some role in that. Up from 30 in 1980 to 38 now.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Also boomers retiring/downsizing/living longer

This isn't median age of first time homebuyers here (although I fully expect that number to have risen as well)

Well, it would helped for me to read the title of the chart closely. :cheers:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife bought the condo she had when we met at 25. We bought our house 11 years later when I was 40.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I was 39 (or so, can’t remember for sure) when I bought my first house. Guess I’m more Millennial than some of you...

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was 39 (or so, can’t remember for sure) when I bought my first house. Guess I’m more Millennial than some of you...

Realistically, that's what I'm on pace for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads