• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since our bathroom was so small, our GC said it was cheaper to put in a blower based heater vs. under the tile but if I recall, it wasn't too much per square foot to add.

Heated tile floors are sooooooo nice on cool and cold mornings, especially in bathrooms where you are most often barefooted. When homes are listed for sale they always mention if there is radiant heat in bathrooms, so consider the value added for future resale as well as for immediate enjoyment.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Warm towels are nice but the floor does a better job of heating the room itself. When we were planning the remodel for the second bathroom the towel warmer got bumped to "nice to have" while the floor heat stayed on the "must have" list.

Reactions: Gus

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You could always just put the towel on the floor...

Anyway, yeah, I like heated bathroom floors. IIRC it added about $250 to the cost (DIY).

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warm towels are nice but the floor does a better job of heating the room itself. When we were planning the remodel for the second bathroom the towel warmer got bumped to "nice to have" while the floor heat stayed on the "must have" list.
[/QUOTE

OK, so nothing "wrong" with a towel warmer just not important for your needs. With a British wife, a towel warmer in our Master Bath is on the "Must" list. Open any British home decor magazine and towel warmers are everywhere. There are some beautiful shaped warmers as well that make quite a statement.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all! Sounds like under tile heating is a good choice

brokencycle

Reaction score
I have never had a towel warmer, but we had them in our hotel on the trip. I honestly don't see the appeal. the marginal utility is quite low IMO.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never had a towel warmer, but we had them in our hotel on the trip. I honestly don't see the appeal. the marginal utility is quite low IMO.

Same here. A warm bathroom/floor seems just as good and have value for potential buyers.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I suppose it also depends upon where you live. Now that I am in an area that is in the 20's or lower in the morning from early Nov-March having toasty towels is a luxury. If I lived in the Pacific Northwest with their long, damp winters, or New England, I would want them. In FL, TX, AZ, SoCal or central CA optional.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose it also depends upon where you live. Now that I am in an area that is in the 20's or lower in the morning from early Nov-March having toasty towels is a luxury. If I lived in the Pacific Northwest with their long, damp winters, or New England, I would want them. In FL, TX, AZ, SoCal or central CA optional.

I certainly don’t need them, and the coldest morning so far this winter was +8F. Heated floors though are

8B8424FC-67C2-42DE-B0CA-442F495EC8FB.gif

brokencycle

Reaction score

I gave lived the vast majority of my life in the upper Midwest. Never have I gotten out of the shower and thought to myself: life would be better if this towel was warmer

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I gave lived the vast majority of my life in the upper Midwest. Never have I gotten out of the shower and thought to myself: life would be better if this towel was warmer
Towel warmers are just a way to flex on people, like those pot filler faucets over the stove. Eventually you're going to have to lift that pot. Eventually you have to empty it. And you'll probably have to clean grease off of it more often than you use it.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Towel warmers are just a way to flex on people, like those pot filler faucets over the stove. Eventually you're going to have to lift that pot. Eventually you have to empty it. And you'll probably have to clean grease off of it more often than you use it.

Same reason people buy All-Clad cookware. Sorry, I’ve been shopping for that stuff lately.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Same reason people buy All-Clad cookware. Sorry, I’ve been shopping for that stuff lately.
Bruh,

All-Clad seconds are like AE seconds but even better. Not sure I've ever noticed the flaw, and even then, the flaw is gonna be something you wouldn't notice after the 3rd time washing the pot (I think being out of round or not having a flat base is beyond "2nd quality" for them).

You can put in a fake email address, although if you get on their mailing list they often send pre-sale entry codes with additional % off (and first dibs on the inventory). This sale has been open for a few days, so some items have probably already sold (and there is no bonus discount right now), but there are still some good deals.

I personally think the TK line is some of the best value, although you might have to buy a lid separately (one of my saucepans actually came with a lid, the other did not). I think those lollipop lids are dumb, but you can just order a lid from a different all clad line that actually fits the pot.

The TK handles are better IMHO, and they basically just choose the best line for each pot and give them all a matching finish. So the saucepans are all from the copper core line, the fry pans are from the D5 line, and big stock pots/roasters are from the standard 3-ply stainless line. The Tk 3-qt sauce pot is probably my favorite pan...and $89 isn't a terrible price (way less than you'd have to pay for the same pan from the "copper core" line with that stupid line around the bottom).

Personally, I'm waiting for them to have the flared roaster in stock again...otherwise I am pretty set on pans right now.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also Marshall’s and other discount stores. But their pricing is all over the place. I’ve gotten a few really good deals, <30% of retail.

Actually I think there’s a flared roaster at my local Marshall’s. Just went yesterday.

All I really need is a 2 qt. saucier. Then I’m set for a while.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Please tell me more, about to finish furnishing home and the kitchen is next

OMG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads