• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The fishing bear asks the good questions

brokencycle

Reaction score
Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

View attachment 1238108

He can't help it: blame the draft for his morbid sense of humor.

Is that a deer in the upper corner linking his chops?

I'm not going to lie, I looked for a solid 30 seconds.

Also planting today. Stuff more suited to Gus's former climate. Hydrangeas, Abutilons and some ground covers.

View attachment 1238100

Have you considered that using those Lysol wipes on your plants might be what's killing them -- not deer?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garden was full of hummingbirds this morning. It appears the new flowering maples are a hit.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
We have a few resident hummingbirds in the neighborhood, and we frequently have males showing their stuff for the ladies right over our deck: they fly several dozen feet straight up, hover for a moment while singing, then dive at high speed, pulling up at the last moment in a way that causes their wing feathers to vibrate and create a loud "SKEE-YEW" sound (which is what usually alerts us that this is going on):

Like this (not my video):

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New shed installed today. The next major project is redoing the lawn and raising it to the level of the patio...

38ADB3B8-FC15-44E6-863E-95B5106742B3.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We are humming bird central. One side of the house faces undisturbed habitat and there's a big window. The gatos love to sit in it and humming birds often come up and tap at the window. Drives the cats crazy. :D

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With regard to lawn care, how often is everyone aerating/dethatching/top dressing/overseeding/etc (separate from standard fertilizer treatments)?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Pave over it with travertine. Done and done! ;)

Speaking of which just got back in from some yard work. Blew off the entire back yard, pressure washed the frames of all the lawn furniture, vacuumed all the cushions, pressure washed the pavers in the two main seating areas as they had some marks from spills and such. Looking forward to enjoying some quality time relaxing this fall.

I have to admit I also enjoy the looks I get from the golfers when I'm using power equipment. Ladies' tee for the third hole is behind us. ;)

I don't know why they give me looks though as our back fence has to be a good 60-70 yards from the tee box so it's not all that bad.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! I have a fair amount of patio in the back but still have some lawn there to deal with and the entire front as well.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pave over it with travertine. Done and done! ;)

Speaking of which just got back in from some yard work. Blew off the entire back yard, pressure washed the frames of all the lawn furniture, vacuumed all the cushions, pressure washed the pavers in the two main seating areas as they had some marks from spills and such. Looking forward to enjoying some quality time relaxing this fall.

I have to admit I also enjoy the looks I get from the golfers when I'm using power equipment. Ladies' tee for the third hole is behind us. ;)

I don't know why they give me looks though as our back fence has to be a good 60-70 yards from the tee box so it's not all that bad.

Doing that work in a speedo and hockey mask seems to be paying off for you.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Ahh, three hours of chilling, sunset watching, chill music, and patio martinis. A couple deer wandered by to munch on some fallen pods for 30 minutes outside our fence. @Omega Male

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads