• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to hack your sonos and play nothing but Born to be Wild and Harley exhausts.

Years ago my friends and I dumped a ton of quarters into the jukebox of the bar we were leaving and bought about 30 plays of the Doors "this is the end."

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I used to go to this awesome little husband/wife owned bar in the Detroit suburb referred to as "Taylor-tucky." Food was homemade and great, drinks and food were cheap. Sadly, as the name of the 'burb might make one think, full of rednecks that loved their country and western. This was early/mid-90s and I'd load up the jukebox full of AIC, Soundgarden, STP, Bush, etc. It clearly vexed the rednecks who would try and talk the bartendress into turning it down. She liked my music, would just wink at me, and send a shot of Yack Daniels over.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years ago my friends and I dumped a ton of quarters into the jukebox of the bar we were leaving and bought about 30 plays of the Doors "this is the end."

same, but with the spanish language version of Right Said Fred's immortal classic I'm Too Sexy

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked a job at large a food processing plant south of San Jose. We used the foreman's company truck to move fittings and crap around the site .The guy was kind of a jerk and was always ranting about messing with his radio so we were always sure to tune it to one of the plentiful Spanish stations in the area at full volume before we got out.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well how else will you feel that tuba oompa 2-step in your chest. an old roommate of mine used to dime banda in her BFs car

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to go to this awesome little husband/wife owned bar in the Detroit suburb referred to as "Taylor-tucky." Food was homemade and great, drinks and food were cheap. Sadly, as the name of the 'burb might make one think, full of rednecks that loved their country and western. This was early/mid-90s and I'd load up the jukebox full of AIC, Soundgarden, STP, Bush, etc. It clearly vexed the rednecks who would try and talk the bartendress into turning it down. She liked my music, would just wink at me, and send a shot of Yack Daniels over.

****, you used to be in the Detroit area and now you live I the piob-palace?! There is hope for me yet!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh man this brings back memories. Mid-90s before we were married the wife and I were in Key West with some friends from London. It was my birthday and we were all completely off our faces and the town was full of scraggly bikers because maybe it was Daytona week or whatever? Anyway, we did "Don't You Want Me" karaoke -- full on -- in some random bar in front of a very unappreciative audience of non-Human League fans. Rain of beer bottles and had to escape out the back door after making a few injudicious comments into the mike about the average weight and sexual potency of the clientele. Good times.

PS: How is any of this even remotely relevant to home ownership?

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PS: How is any of this even remotely relevant to home ownership?
Piob was all hibbedly because there was some banter about how if neighbors have loud exhaust(ed) vehicles, then you need to find more property so one can be further away from that noise. That led to his (jokingly) asking about set backs and land which led to me telling him I was going to hack his sonos and pipe in Born to be Wild and Harley exhaust noise which led to the whole jukebox thing.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are set back something like 150-200' from our road which is a cul-de-sac. Neighbors are closer but blocked by foliage. I can hear my neighbors 80s M6 which I am ok with.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I saw a job posting in Detroit that sounded interesting, but I think I'm better off trying to live in Canada and commuting in.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I hear border traffic is crazy these days and it really sucks to be a cross-border commuter. What part of the Detroit area? There are some simply incredible burbs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads