• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been through it to the tune of about 20K. Do your value research, document everything and hang tough. They come around.

lefty

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Refis are up something like 120% over this time last year. Fill your boots.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I just dashed that off. Mortgage rates have been trending lower so lots of people have been refinancing their loans. It might be a good time for some igents to consider doing likewise?

UFXYW6VZ4QI6TDUDJZTIP2MYCQ.jpg

brokencycle

Reaction score
Sorry, I just dashed that off. Mortgage rates have been trending lower so lots of people have been refinancing their loans. It might be a good time for some igents to consider doing likewise?

View attachment 1221529

That 15 year seems low because the cheapest I have seen is 3.125 or 3.0 for 12 year.

Edit: that's without points. I've seen mortgages lower with points. Also why would anyone get an arm when there fixed rate is lower? EG penfed has a 15/15 arm that is a much higher rate than a 30 and the 5/1 and 7/1 are the same rate. Seems like that is a dumb idea when you carry all the risk for the bank.

Last edited:

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moved into the new house on Monday, and am super happy with it. Neighborhood is far superior to the last house, and I already love the house. Its systems need updating but overall a superior house in all aspects to the one I just sold.

The cool part is that other than the systems and a restore/refresh of the kitchen and one bathroom, we don't want to change much of anything about the house! Ordering quite a few pieces of vintage furniture that we've been wanting, Very excited about the downstairs rumpus room - it has a perfect corner area for a sectional couch and big TV setup, there is a fireplace down there with room for a gaming/card table in front of it, a "bar area" and still room for a stero and dance floor if things really get out of hand. The only thing we are missing down there is a bomb selter.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Faucet hose finally came. Naturally, they've changed it from a metal spiral hose to a braided one which means I had to retrofit the counterweight as the hose is smaller and because the new hose lacks the heft of the old, it no longer snaps back into place so I'll have to get another weight.

This and dealing with the technology of my new two-week old car is making me crazy.

lefty

brokencycle

Reaction score
Faucet hose finally came. Naturally, they've changed it from a metal spiral hose to a braided one which means I had to retrofit the counterweight as the hose is smaller and because the new hose lacks the heft of the old, it no longer snaps back into place so I'll have to get another weight.

This and dealing with the technology of my new two-week old car is making me crazy.

lefty

How much is an extra counterweight going to cost you? Hansgrohe at least have me one for free.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I doubt they cost that much but I’ll reach out.

lefty

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
How far is everyone's house set back from the street? Mine is half a mile from the street and .45 miles from the nearest neighbor. I'm saving to upgrade my distance.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
half a mile from your HOA's road? How big is your ******* lot?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think i'm set back 40-50 feet and that's a long ways in the city.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads